WATCH: NEW INTERNATIONAL ‘ANNIE’ TRAILER

NICOLE ARI PARKER AND BORIS KODJOE &THEIR STRUGGLE WITH SPINA BIFIDA

nicole-and-boris-small.jpg
Nicole and Boris at Welcome Home Roscoe premier January 28th

nicolekiddies-small.jpg

Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee, 2 ½, and Nicolas Neruda, 13 months Spina Bifida is a preventable disabling birth defect that Sophie Tei-Naaki has been diagnosed with. It is estimated that there are approximately 70,000 children and adults living with this birth defect; The Kodjoe’s daughter Sophie Tei-Naaki happens to be one of the many children affected. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris urge all women of child-bearing age to take their folic acid prior to conception as well as during the first three months of pregnancy. To learn more about this condition as well as about the Spina Bifida Association of GA, Then head over to:NICOLE ARI PARKER ONLINE

14 Comments to “NICOLE ARI PARKER AND BORIS KODJOE &THEIR STRUGGLE WITH SPINA BIFIDA”

• roger langille March 20, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Greetings, I do believe your website may be having internet browser
    compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your website
    in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in IE,
    it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Apart from that, excellent site!

• Saluations February 20, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I love your website and I am appreciative for the people who wrote in to share about their lives. I don’t know if you will ever get this, but God BLESS you all! Thanks for sharing…
    Kind Regards to you,
    Sally

• TaNesha November 17, 2011 at 6:27 am

Hi Mr. and Mrs. kodjoe

My name is Ta’Nesha, im a 25 year old young woman with spina bifida, I must say that when you look at me, you would never know, I walk, talk anddo everything for myself, which is a Blessing, bit I still struggle with the fact that I have this condition.like I said very blessed that I dont look like I even have a condition this serious, but I still deal with incontinencr problems so it has led me to isolate myself and not live my life to the fullest. Im starting to realize that this is something that will never change so I must deal with it and move on with life. What are some of the ways that u encou1age sophie to do this. Dont get me wrong my mother has been tremendous and she encourages me but it still is a struggle for me. How do u gwt sophie to come to terms with her condition and move on?

• T. Edwards July 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I am 39 and i was born with spina bifida. I have been having issues with my bladder and bowels. It wasn’t this way in the beginning. It frustrates me sometime because I work with the public and my issues compromises my productivity.

• Judd July 29, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Their two children are just the cutest little buttons ever, wow.. I think these kids are the cutest in Hollywood. The little girl’s condtion is a serious one but not life threatening, thank goodness..

• Nana Afriyie July 3, 2009 at 6:41 am

You 2 r such an amazing couple who inspire my view of happiness.
    I love u both a lot plus so excited to ve come from the same country as Kodjo’s Fatherland, Ghana.

My love for u 2 has given me an eye opener to Spinal Bifida.
    hence i am takin my intake of folic acid seriously.

ll b seein u guys to today at Citizen Kofi…haha.

U n ur kids shd be the most blessed of all beauties.
    They r goodlookin like me…lol

• Robert February 14, 2009 at 12:23 am

I love this site!!!
    I was born with Spina Bifida in the 60′s… I had a really rough time (leg braces wheelchairs etc). I love life! I find everyone that I have encountered with these types of conditions feel the same way. I think we are the normal. I have grandchildren now and my family is awesome!

• Jay February 10, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Nicole Ari Parker you are fine and you need to come chill with me, than Boris.My name is Jay and I’m 13 years old. You were a good actress in Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, but Boris is not your type give me your address and I will send you a picture of me, so you can see what I look like

Talk to you later GIRL

P.S I’M NOT A STALKER SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY

• miriam wright January 17, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Both of the children are absolutely gorgeous. I was happy to read the article about Sophie in this month’s People magazine. I hope a lot of people read it and will give money or time to causes relative to Spina Bifida.

• Yvonne October 12, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Hi, my name is Yvonne, I am 22 years old and I also have Spina Bifida. Everything is pretty much normal with me except my bladder and bowels. I self cath and have to basically help bowels move. I currently use a wheelchair to get around, but I have movement in my legs(not so much my feet) but I can still walk with assistance. I have no complaints about the life that was given to me. I just learn how to take one day at a time and trust in God because He is my HEALER! Although it gets hard at times when I get sick, I still live a normal life. I love to sing, write songs, travel and lots of other things too. I actually feel blessed to have Spina Bifida and Scoliosis because I just believe that God has a better way of using me and I can use my disability as a platform to inspire others to have hope. Thanx for listening!

• Michelle April 22, 2010 at 9:55 am

Hello Ms. Yvonne, I happened to be on a webpage where Nicole Ari Parker talked briefly about her and Boris’ daughter who has Spina Bifida. My 16 year old daughter was born with Spina Bifida and she too battles with bowel and bladder incontinence. She walks with the assistance of AFOs and she self caths, but we are having a difficult time trying to get her bowels to move at a “socially conscious” time and even trying to come up with a good method for emptying her bowels by herself. If you have any suggestions, we will most graciously accept them. As her mother, I feel so blessed to have her in my life and she has been an absolute joy to be around. She has just a good spirit and is a joy to people who meet her. I just feel helpless at times when it comes to the question that I am posing to you. Again, any information you could share with be greatly appreciated. God bless you.

Michelle W.
      Belleville, IL

• sabrina October 2, 2010 at 10:29 pm

you are truly blessed and a child of god i call you and angel and it is good to here that you are in good spirit no matter what life brings because everthing is a challenge no matter who you are so with that said and done you continue to be a strong woman and live life accordingly and may god continue to bless you and yours

• sonia reainss May 21, 2008 at 10:52 am

hi im 23 years old and i have a 5 year old boy with spina bifida and hydrocephlus, he has no movement/sensation from his waist down, he also has alot of shunt probs managing his hydrocephlus. he also cannot manage bowels and bladder and has brittle bones, even though its hard looking after him i feel so blessed and lucky to have dylan, he never moans about his conditions, he is a star in his wheelchair and wants to be a dj when older, he loves music.
    your site is lovely . sonia

• MizzGonG March 5, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Hotttest couple ever…Cutest children EVER.