SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

SINGER NEYO TALKS ABOUT HIS BABY’S MAMA DRAMA

R&B singer Ne-Yo recently sat down with Essence.com to talk about his baby’s mama and his son,a young boy named Chimere who isn’t at all Ne-yo’s biological offspring. Read more below.

Essence: You’ve been the target of many rumors, but I love that you keep it moving. Let’s address the rumor regarding your financial dispute with your son’s mom, who was supposedly getting evicted due to your refusing to pay child support. Is that true?

Ne-Yo: There is truth to some of it. She was being evicted because I refused to pay her rent any longer once I found out her child was not my biological son. But I’ve been his father since the day he came on his earth so I told her anything he needs I got him, but you are a grown a– woman with working arm and legs—ain’t nothing wrong with you so go get yourself a job.

Essence: Why in the world would she try to take you to court after you agreed to give financial support in raising her son?

Ne-Yo: She wasn’t happy with the amount I offered to give her and said, ‘No, I need more.’ So she decided to take me to court. I asked her why and told her she wouldn’t win because he was my not biological son. So I said, ‘Fine, you get nothing. Let’s go to court.’

Essence: Whoa! So why did you wait to get a blood test?

Ne-Yo: Well, she told me when she got pregnant that it could be between me and another guy, so I knew that from the beginning. When the baby was born everyone assumed that he was mine because he looked so much like me so no one really questioned it except my mother because she never trusted her and urged me to get a blood test.

Essence: How did that discovery affect you?

Ne-Yo It hurt me for a minute, but you know….

Essence: Do you still see him?

Ne-Yo No, because she doesn’t allow me to, so what can I do? As a mother she has the right, I don’t.

More at Essence.com

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

29 Comments to “SINGER NEYO TALKS ABOUT HIS BABY’S MAMA DRAMA”

• blog.com December 14, 2013 at 4:35 am

I read this pаragraph fully on the tοpic of tthe difference of
    latest and earlier technologies, it’s remarkable article.

• http://Suplementosdieta.tumblr.com/ December 10, 2013 at 4:23 am

Hi there іt’s me, I am also visіting thiѕ wеb site on a
    regular basiѕ, this web page is in fact ρleasant and the visitors are really sharing nicе thoughts.

• comoperderkilo.jimdo.com December 10, 2013 at 4:06 am

You cojld definitely ѕee your skills within the work you write.
    Thhe sector opes for more pаssiоnate writers such as yоu who
    aгee not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heaгt.

• Rodolfo December 10, 2013 at 2:44 am

I’m trulу enjoying the design anԁ layout of your websіte.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit
    more often. Diԁ you hire оut a developer too create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

• tauty1 November 24, 2010 at 12:50 pm

omg im proud neyo but dat is some drama girl you got on the side hope to see more pics of your son again………cause he is so cute lol

• Ne-Yo Confirms Baby, Disputes Engagement & Celebrates Champagne Life August 16, 2010 at 9:59 am

[...] [READ: Ne-Yo Discusses His Baby Mama Drama] [...]

• tiffany May 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm

it could be true but I just dont know that baby father could be somwhere out in this world but that baby will always know neyo as his father

• Mimosa April 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Ne-Yo better be glad that the only thing that came out of the “blood test” was him not being the father. He could have tested positive for HIV/AIDS and still may.
    I don’t know why everyone is talking about how “nasty” she is when he’s just as nasty. He probably wasn’t even in a serious relationship with her. I’m guessing he merely “hit it and quit it”. It’s so stupid to plant your seeds in just any womb. Have some class and be a real man, get with a real woman, be in a real relationship, get married for real and have some real BIOLOGICAL children. Be REAL HAPPY

• Made.in.the.UK September 18, 2009 at 8:50 am

He should have taken her on the Maury show, some women have no shame. TUT TUT

• Leo July 25, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I hate it when women use their children as meal tickets. >_< I hope she’s not taking her rage over her f-up on that poor baby.

And since when did ‘child support’ mean ‘baby mama support and the kid gets what’s left over’?

• TEAKA June 26, 2009 at 3:14 pm

DAT GURL IS GRIMMY…….DATS MESSD UP BUT I DIDNT KNW NEYO HAD A CHILD….

• asia January 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm

If that’s not his child why do he have to take care of it.I would just move on because u still tried 2 be in his life and the baby mama would’nt let u. So my best bet is 2 move on.YA DIG

• casss October 26, 2008 at 3:34 pm

this chick has some nerves first its not his child he agreed to help you but the figures is not what u wanted an now wants to take him to court chick in is la la land she should be happy she’s getting help dumb broad.

• Jewel October 22, 2008 at 3:09 pm

i feel your pain but guess what all these hot chicks have to offer is gold digging skills neyo take a poor girl and see if she doesnt love you unconditionally i am from guyana South america and wish you can perform a concert here someday and please sing a song with my name its Jewel

• breAnna October 14, 2008 at 11:29 pm

nEyo im yA biGgest fAn lUv u && yA zUn. && hE lookz jus jus jus lyk u.

• Co-Re-Y September 15, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Come to MY 16th Birthday Party…. Please … ino everyword to your songs./

• Svava September 8, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Hey Ne-Yo … don´t worry :) I have to admit, that girl Jessica is a bit mean … and youre baby is cute and looks a bit like you(hehe i think you are cute to) but my vise for you is go out on a date with some girl! and forget about her for at least one nigth ! well thats all i have to say except …keep doing thees great songs like So sick and you will be on the top* love Svava from Iceland

• THE TRIPLETS FROM LAS VEGAS August 21, 2008 at 8:54 am

NE-YO HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE YOU ANYWAYS I WANT TO SAY I THINK SHE JUST WANTED SOME MONEY OUT OF IT THATS ALL WELL GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE

• pandra August 21, 2008 at 8:50 am

I live in las vegas ne-yo you need to have a concert out here i am a huge fan of yoour you remind me of my ex-fianace

• TrueBrownSkin June 10, 2008 at 6:46 pm

DAMN! IT DOES LOOK LIKE CURTIS…ARE THEY FROM THE SAME CITY? LOL

• MistressZhivago June 8, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Also: That baby look like 50 CENT! HEEEEEE HEEEE HEEE HEEE HE HE UH…

• MistressZhivago June 8, 2008 at 10:07 pm

CLARIFICATION: I don’t think she deserves it, but legally could have easily gotten it. Blame her legal counsel for that failure.

• MistressZhivago June 8, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Unfortunate… But there are cases where the non-biological father has been in the child’s life since birth and they are forced to pay and continue to pay child support and get visitation, even AFTER it’s been established that the child is not his. She messed up a good thing and had a DUMB lawyer. Neyo even says he claimed the child, KNOWING there was a chance it was not his. Closed case, she should have gotten support.

• Joy April 20, 2008 at 7:25 am

Stupid..You had a man who was willing to step up and be their for your child.

• kawanna April 20, 2008 at 4:15 am

that girl is crazy. and no he doesnt look like neyo. i bet she wishes he was neyos son cuz she sounds like a gold digger. lord help her.

• april February 29, 2008 at 5:43 pm

the baby to dose dose not look like him….. well alil in the eyes

• april February 29, 2008 at 5:41 pm

that is sooooo messed up DUMB BROADS she is so grimy i wouldn’t even have the guts to do that to someone!!!!!! woowwww

• Brittney (QueenB) February 6, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Man, that’s messed up, she knew what she was doing.And all this time I thought that was Ne-yo’s biological son, but it wasn’t. I
    do agree with him on the fact, that she needs to get a job and start taking care of her son, her own responsiblities. period.

• Realist November 24, 2009 at 9:58 am

I personal hate when woman have babies on a possibility! Why even play like that (just stupid)? I’m not saying get rid of your baby but flipping a coin or trying to figure out who the child looks like once it gets here is so low class.

Ne-Yo thank god he wasn’t yours! Why would you even want to start a family with a woman like that. She probably knew all along the baby wasn’t Ne-Yo’s but was trying to get paid. The other dude is probably a broke bum. Getting evicted and trying to get child support from a man that’s not even the father, says a lot about her right there.