ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

BEYONCE’S DEREON GIRLS AD CAUSING CONTROVERSY ON THE NET

An old Dereon Ad from last year is now causing controversy on the net. Many are appalled by the display of young four and five-year-old girls in feather boas,lipstick,and 3-inch heels. The House of Dereon ad campaign has been around for quiet awhile,since 2007 to be exact. However it has come under scrutiny from mainstream media who believe that the ad “sexualizes” little girls.

House of Dereon is a fashion line that was introduced by singer Beyoncé Knowles and her mother/stylist Tina Knowles in 2004(wikipedia).

BCK wants to know. What are your thoughts?

26 Comments to “BEYONCE’S DEREON GIRLS AD CAUSING CONTROVERSY ON THE NET”

• olly burrows March 31, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I really think people are idol and just causing mischeif! Being a mother of a three year old little girl I don’t see a problem with this ad. The ad is simply showing what most little girls DO and mothers KNOW as PLAYTIME!!!! I mean really….have you nothing else to do?

• Rinnie October 21, 2009 at 8:43 am

OK first of all let me say that RACE really has nothing to do with this…we see it all the time, little girls in the beauty salon with their mothers getting their hair done, I’ve seen so many beautiful little black girls that their hair is falling out because their mothers decide to put chemicals in their hair or cornrows that are too tight, or white/black little girls with a TON of make up on, just like grown behind women, ok what we fail to see here is that it is up to the PARENTS to tell their children about sex and about dressing appropriate for their age, and that need to set the limits on when (what age) their child is ready for these things, it isn’t up to the fashion industry. Now I LOVE these clothes I would put them on my 5 yr old, but guess what I would choose weather something is age appropriate for her to wear. Parents need to own up and take responsibility of their own children, stop leaving it up to the child; that is what’s wrong with children today they have too much room to do/wear whatever the hell they want. I bet if girls parents made them wear more age appropriate clothes there wouldn’t be boy’s trying to get them to have sex as young. Yes it’s still going to happen but a girl with tight jeans and a belly shirt is more likely to get noticed sexually by a boy than a girl with just fitted jeans and a regular t-shirt. These little girls look beautiful and remember it’s a photo shoot I bet their parents don’t let them have all that makeup on everyday…if it’s ok for little girls to have their hair done and have tons of makeup on for beauty pageants I think it’s ok for a little model…Keep doin your thang Beyonce ..you do it well!!!

• MizT September 22, 2009 at 3:29 pm

This is a hot mess! These are LITTLE GIRLS and I don’t care who’s parents gave permission for this! I’m sure they didn’t! I don’t agree with pageants or anything that has to do with LITTLE GIRLS being dressed up as grown women. The parents are creating travesties!

• diva on amission August 23, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Theres nothing wrong with this photo.If you know anything about makeup, you’ll notice that theres not a lot it on these girls. We should talk about the pageants. Leave, blacks alone. Everytime we do something positive, someone always has something negative to say.Ya’ll some haters.The problem with black girls is bigger than these photos.Maybe if society help give black girls self-confidence,and stop making like blonde hair blue eyes is better, than maybe black girls will feel like they worth more than just having babies. Black men don’t help.

• LadyJay August 12, 2009 at 9:20 am

Nothing at all is wrong with this!Kids do these things.Its not like these kids have these shoes in their closet and they wear them to a play date or something!I guess you people dont understand the point of this.Kid dress up,play in their mom’s makeup,etc.Thats the point of the whole thing!Its not as bad as you people make it!It has nothing to do with race because i see different race,beautiful girls.Do you people realize after this shoot is over with they take off those shoes and put back on their flats![What they probably had on]! Think outside the box!

• Evelyn August 6, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Whatever their ages, girls love to dress up. I did at that age. At least these clothes will fit. I messed up my mother’s lipstick, too. Ain’t nothing wrong with it. ‘cept maybe the price. But I could maybe get it at the Goodwill when the rich folks are threw with it. Y’know?

• Harley July 31, 2009 at 6:00 pm

They look sooo cute. WTF! I see nothing wrong with this. So I guess whenever my son shaves his face with his popsicle stick and grabs his dad’s suit jacket and breifcase he is being grown lmao. No wait… he’s being fast lol. No one but a pedophile would even think of something sexual about a child. I wish people would raise their children with correct moral values and stop blaming the media. Beyonce Go head girl great idea.

• Judd July 31, 2009 at 8:13 am

I think it’s really cute.. I don’t see anything wrong with it, only someone with deep sexual issues would…

• AirForceGirl July 17, 2009 at 3:57 pm

So ya’ll never played dress up and put your mom’s high heels on. High heels is not what gets little girls pregnant. The reason young girls are having sex, is because of the disgusting music on the radio these days and they think being a stripper is cool because every song on the radio is about strippers and making it rain on them. It’s rediculous! I think playing dress up in clothes is a normal thing little girls do.

• hope July 14, 2009 at 7:46 am

love the make up, love the heels. whats wrong with harmless fun, Why should any1 have to dress a certain way, i bet the kids enjoyed themselves.

• Nakia June 19, 2009 at 1:17 am

Give me a break! what about the pagants with little girls as young as one with lip stick and little girls 4 and 5 with false teeth, hair extentions, makeup and out fits that a grown woman should wear, that is sexual…let talk about that!

• cin May 8, 2009 at 1:15 pm

i finally got to see what all of the hoopla was about. the way they put it on the radio i thought i was gonna see little girls dressed in fishnet stockings and standing on the corner. there is nothing grown up about this ad, it is sooo cute. the only thing i can say is beyonce is bogus for putting on clothes that dont fit these kids. i know my little girl rocks a lot of dereon

• BRITTANY April 1, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I AGREE WITH OTHER COMMENTS GROWING UP MOST LITTLE GIRL PLAYED WITH MOMMYS MAKEUP OR TRIED TO WALK IN HER SHOES PLAY DRESS UP AND THATS WHAT BEYONCES IDEA WAS..PPL ALWAYS LOOK TOO MUCH INTO EVERYTHING

• queaisha November 6, 2008 at 11:50 am

what u mean blacks gurl

• shemari May 23, 2008 at 1:31 am

I totally agree with Tony and Goldii. We have a serious problem in the Black community with young girls growing up to fast. If it was little girls in oversize clothes and heels with makeup that was put on by a child, that’s what you’d call dress up. This is little girls in grown women’s clothes, except in little girls sizes. The make-up and hair are professionally done. It is clearly little girls being made up to look like grown women. It is not appropriate. No wonder why our kids are in trouble. There are no boundaries set by the adults. Everything’s all good, especially when it’s done in name of money.

• Goldii May 21, 2008 at 3:23 am

I agree completely. Heels on a five yea old? In no way is that cute. In fact it’ quite disturbing.

• Tony May 19, 2008 at 2:34 am

I am sorry but what in the hell are you all thinking. Those little girls should not be dressing like that and wearing all that makeup. Ok, we all know that this is an urban clothing line and most of those who will buy/wear these clohtes are Blacks. There is a major problem now in the Black community with young girls having sex and behaving well beyond their ages and these types of clothes contribute to that. I am sorry but I just don’t agree. The problem today is that kids are not allowed to be kids and do kid things, these kids are so in a hurry to grow up and do adults things and it’s only hurting those kids and their futures.

• olly burrows March 31, 2010 at 8:46 pm

R we talking about the same pic? the one at the top of this forum? All what make up? Have’nt you ever seen a little girl dress up in her mothers shoes?!

• Shamira-Christine May 13, 2008 at 12:18 am

i love this concept!

• jasmine May 11, 2008 at 4:14 pm

The little girl in heels bugs me but otherwise it’s cute.

• mattie May 11, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I made a typo it should read, ” so make your choice…..etc..”

• mattie May 11, 2008 at 12:11 pm

I agree with the other comments. As little girls the first role model you see is your mother. You want to be her. I think the ad is great and was done in great taste. I think that world is so caught up with making everyone who has made a choice to be successful pay for something. They have earned all that they have, so made your choice to do better without knocking someone else for what they have succeeded in. Cont’ the good work and congrats on all that you’ve done and will do.

• Dee May 10, 2008 at 7:32 pm

I agree.

• Mary May 10, 2008 at 6:00 pm

I believe Beyonce should keep it exactly the way it is. You should look at these young girls as playing around in their mother’s closet and hell they look amazing. It is no one’s business, they’re parent’s agreed, they are their guardians, keep your thoughts to yourself. Unless you’re a pedafile, there is nothing sexual about these girls.

• Malia September 18, 2009 at 8:00 pm

This is beyond the mother baby dress up scenes these little girls were wearing fitted (not mummies 10 sizes to big heels but they’re own) heels and behaving like fully grown women i mean this type of thing is just evidence that kids today loose their innocence way too early.

• olly burrows March 31, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Look again Malia! The pic is exactly that the heels r te times too big and it is dress up for them! Geez…!!!