MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

LEGENDARY RAPPER ROXANNE SHANTE AND HER KIDS

[Roxanne Shante is pictured with her four kids (L) To (R):Chris,Tajze,Kareem,and Randy(click to enlarge)]
Roxanne Shanté, a.k.a Lolita Shanté Gooden is a hip-hop pioneer. The legendary rapper came into fame at the age of 14 with her hit single “Roxanne’s Revenge” and her association with the legendary Juice Crew.At the age of 25, Shanté retired from the recording industry to become a psychologist. She now holds a doctorate degree in Psychology and is married with children.

Courtesy of Source magazine;Wikipedia

Tags : Posted in : Rappers and their Kids

17 Comments to “LEGENDARY RAPPER ROXANNE SHANTE AND HER KIDS”

• The mind of Blkbam - I Quit! February 9, 2014 at 9:53 am

[...] into the studio to serve another function like producing, host radio, host on TV, go into the careers they’ve always wanted to or just disappear completely.  I do applaud this new movement [...]

• Ski February 6, 2014 at 12:58 am

Yes sis you and the fam look great ! I miss hanging with you in G.P rock Brooklyn . Keep doing what you do……

• Ben March 29, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Yo Troy the only thing is Kareem is her son and he is the one down in front. The two on each side of her are not.

• Ben March 29, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Yo I would have to agree with Troy. I grew up listening to Roxanne Shate and she was a little spit fire of a chick. She had crazy free style skills that no other chick could touch. I know Kareem was her first born and then I remember her daughter Tajze maybe the two boys are from her husband beofre hand. I did here she adopted a son too. In any event mush respect to her and all she has acheived in HIP HOP and the class room.

MUCH LOVE!

• TROY March 25, 2009 at 5:08 pm

LOOK AT SHANTE, BUT THOSE ARE NOT ALL HER KIDS THATS HER DAUGHET AND THE HER SON IS STANDING TO THE RIGHT, BACK IN 1999 I MEMBER IN AN INTERVIEW SHE SAID SHE HAD ADOPPTED 1 CHILD SO IM GUESSING ITS ONE OUT THE TWO AND OTHER BOY I DONT KNOW.

• KEEYSHAJ50 September 25, 2008 at 2:17 am

OK SHANTE…

• Suz September 16, 2008 at 9:30 pm

The one on his knee, I think Kareem is cute. =D

• Erica September 16, 2008 at 6:45 pm

She has a beautiful family.

• Sane September 16, 2008 at 5:36 pm

She got 3 grown sons!? Wow!! I remember hearin’ her say she quit rap to go to school on BEEF part 1 after she got pregnant as a teen but damn, go head on then girlfriend! The first 2 boys look totally different from the squatting boy and the little girl – them 2 look just alike.

• dee1 September 16, 2008 at 4:46 pm

She got her doctorate? Wow that’s wonderful!

• Ashley September 16, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Her daughter’s jean are kind of high

• kellyinaday September 16, 2008 at 2:58 pm

WOW! I am impressed. She was very young when she started, but she obviously had a great support system. She excelled.

• YEAISAIDIT September 16, 2008 at 2:48 pm

my bad wrong forum

• YEAISAIDIT September 16, 2008 at 2:47 pm

oops I meant to say two instead of to

• koala September 16, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Looks like Roxanne started her own “Juice Crew”. :) They have a lot of leather/ different patterns going on clothing-wise but she has a cute daughter and nice looking sons.

• tanisha September 16, 2008 at 2:45 pm

too bad the rappers today dont have that sense. they just make clothing lines and jewels.

good to see that she got her education and i bet she is raising her kids well

• Katrina September 16, 2008 at 2:14 pm

WHAT!!!! Homegirl went and got her doctorate! I had no idea. She looks content. All of her kids are nice looking. Glad to see she didn’t let the industry break her!