ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

LEANNE “LELEE” LYONS(EX-SWV MEMBER),TWO CHILDREN LATER

It would seem that former SWV member Leanne “Lelee” Lyons has been through it all:teenage pregnancy(she became a mother at age 15),being homeless after the end of SWV,losing her mother at an early age,among other things. Through all her trials and tribulations,however,Lelee has managed to find happiness just being a mother to her two children Margaret and Khiry.

Lelee recently wrote a touching letter to her daughter for her 20th birthday. Read below:

Hey my little girl

I can remember being pregnant with you and feeling as if i was the scum of the earth.People would look at me (knowing i was just a little girl) as I took the train to my prenatal appointments. I tried so hard to hide my pregnancy from family and friends of fear that people would judge me. Little did i know, that tummy would eventually grow(lol).Some did judge me, but I chose to give you life. Although I was only a teenager, I still decided i would do right by my child and do what parents do, take care of their kid.

The day was September 12, 1988, Uncle Devon rushed me to Harlem Hospital after my water broke at our Apt. on Grant Avenue in the Bronx. I knew something was wrong because I couldn’t stop peeing(lol). It was the longest peepee in the world. So, when we got to the hospital you wouldnt come out for nothing,which meant that i had to walk around for 12 hours in the labor room (IN PAIN) until you finally was ready.I remember the nurse saying to me “Miss Lyons, do you feel anything”? I responded,”Yes, but what can i do, Nothing! I was dealing with that pain like a grown woman(lol) and everyone was amazed.

Anyway, you were finally ready to come out and 1,2,3…..there you were. With my mother(RIP) at my side and a beautiful baby girl, my life completely changed.

Now, its Sept,12 and I cant believe u are the same precious gem that i gave birth to 20 years ago. The same kid I was trying to hide years ago, I tell the world how proud I am to be your mother. We’ve been through so much baby as mother and daughter and there were times when i just had a hard time being “mom” when grandma passed away. I have it all figured out now. I Love You with all my heart and I know you are now a woman(still looking 14), but you will still be my little girl. I pray that as you go through the next chapter of your life, you will make the right decisions and be woman enough to deal with the decisions that are wrong. Chose your battles wisely and remember that whatever you cant change yourself, move on baby. Do not depend on people, especially the people we call friends.

I LOVE YOU more than Life and I say to you proudly

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

Lelee has two children:a son named Khiry,18, and a daughter named Margaret,20.

SO YOU HAVEN’T READ LELEE’S EXPLOSIVE 2007 SISTER 2 SISTER INTERVIEW?click here to read
Letter Courtesy of Lelee’s myspace

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

31 Comments to “LEANNE “LELEE” LYONS(EX-SWV MEMBER),TWO CHILDREN LATER”

• Jos October 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hi Leelee and family,
    In life if people ain’t talking about you, then you ain’t existing.
    tears run down my chick as I read you letter to your daughter, life is fun when you get to a stage and look back and have something to talk about.
    People are good in finding negetive thing to talk aboput others, but they don’t just take time to look into their own life.
    Just be happy for you life, there a millions out there who never had that chance.
    Don’t forget that there are those who love for who, and they will always love you no matter what.
    Love to you and your family.

• Rahia October 2, 2010 at 6:49 pm

WTF? SHE LOOKS TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A 20 YEAR OLD!!! DAYUMMM!!! SHE WAS ALWAYS MY FAV IN SWV THO, I WONDER IF DATS HER KIDS RUNNIN ROUN ON THE BEACH IN THE HUMAN NATURE VID COS DEY WERE CUTE & LELEE KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL (IM SO JEALOUS OF THE DAUGHTERS FIGURE LOL) ANYWAYS IVE ALWAYS BEEN DOWN WITH SWV COS DEY WERE SOOOO GHETTO FABULOUS!!! MUCH LOVE TO LELEE & HER TWO KIDS!!!!

• dre August 15, 2009 at 7:30 am

awww…how nice…beautiful letter..I remember my mom tell me (and my twin brother)the same thing 29 years ago…about going into labor at that hospital…It takes a strong women to share something like this with the world…It takes a strong women to go through what she went through…through the ups and downs..through good times and bad times…at the young age 15 years old…and another 2 years later…and put both kids through high school…and with the lost of her mother at that young age…!!YOU GOT TO GIVE IT UP TO HER…STRONG WOMEN,STRONG MOTHER,…MUCH LOVE LELEE…

I remember my girlfriend in middle song one of yall songs at our graduation “1993″ …song:I get so weak ….awww man…I remember just like yesterday…but i did have chush on you …I still do…(LOL)

• Shaquanah August 3, 2009 at 10:16 pm

OMG look at her daughter SHE IS STUNNING jus like her mother and her son is jus too cute, Lelee has definetly left a legacy cos SWV to this day still reigns, the streets still love dem girls and they will always be the ultimate girl group!!!!!

LEANNE LYONS FOR LIFE BABY!!!!!!

• arich1 March 28, 2009 at 10:52 pm

people that judge are usually miserable in their own lives. what a beautiful letter. ms leanne thank you for sharing, you are reaching. i googled you because i was watching i married a baller. i miss swv, i wish you well. may god be with you sister.

• Zoe March 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

LELEE,REMEMBER ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE.

• Zoe March 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm

LELEE, REMEMBER THAT ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE.

• SHILOHDREAM February 15, 2009 at 1:17 pm

its strange..she looks exactly like the other member coco

• Shana January 29, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I LUV MY CUZ & SHE MADE HISTORY!!!! SHE WILL ALWAYS BE A STAR IN MY EYES AS WELL AS MY FAMILY!!! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES IN LIFE….U LEARN, U LIVE….WE FALL DOWN BUT GET UP!!!! LUV U LELEE

• Shana January 29, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Hey LeLee it’s ur lil cuz Shan I haven’t seen U in awhile. I asked cousin Shirley how U been after I saw the Sister2Sister mag. I always ask about U. Wow it’s been years like after Aunt Margaret passed & my once more b4 my graduation. Khiry & Margaret were little. They have grown into a beautiful young lady & handsom young man. I would like 2 talk 2 u I wanna know ur sisters r doin & my mom talk 2 aunt Regina about Henry, send me an email or call Shirley. Hear from U sonn I hope ,Shan

• Andrea January 16, 2009 at 6:27 pm

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT!!
    THIS SHOULD PROVE TO YOU PEOPLE THAT CELEBRITIES ARE REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL FEELINGS. JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SPOTLIGHT DOESN’T MEAN THEY ARE PERFECT. LELEE IS SMART ENOUGH TO USE HER EXPERIENCES TO HELP THE NEXT GENERATION OF YOUNG WOMEN.
    FOR THAT I AM PROUD OF HER. HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO AIR YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY TO THE WHOLE WORLD? ANYONE?

• Lelees Daughter January 10, 2009 at 2:21 pm

I love you MOMMY!Muah to all hating also.Without you we wouldnt exist.At the end of the day no matter what anyone says,my mom made history.WHAT DID YOU DO?

• cordaryl June 6, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I just want to say hello to margret. Its been a minute since we spoke or seen each other. N I knw ur memory is fuzzy but just follow me down memory lane for a second. Do u remember me I wuz your boyfriend along time ago. Back when the both of us went to zion.u where everything I wanted in a lady even tho I aint no what love wuz back then I knw I had strong feelings for you. If u get a chance to hit me up on facebook. Jus look for the screen name maserati moon. I hope to hear from u. Cuz it to me all these years to find u!!!!

• Lelees Daughter January 10, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Well this is like my second time on here after I found out I was on this website! lol But all I want to say is that I love my mother dearly and every1 makes mistakes.Usually the ones pointing fingers and spreading UGLINESS are the ones that will ALWAYS have negativity to bring forth.My mom made history at the end of the day..What did YOU do?Love to all family, friends,and fans!MUAH!Love u mommy.

• candygirl October 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Hey miss lelee’s daughter….dont worry about what people say about your mom…at least your mom is doing good…and doing her….and at least…she’s woman enough to tell what she been through…so bump what people say…your mom is part of history….and that’s the truth…..alot of women..are either ashamed…or just not woman enough to tell the truth about themselves…but at least your mom did…so it doesnt matter at all..cause at the end of the day..they can’t be in or live in your mom shoes..and they are not apart of history either…so ignore these stupid people…cus they want ever be your mom..ever…and i love that letter she wrote to you on your birthday..that was very special..and sweet of your mom….and remember god loves you and your mom no matter what the situation may bring so keep your head up..

• SWV HARD January 6, 2009 at 12:47 am

People tryed to diss dis chick wen SWV was in dea prime but if it wasnt for Lelee, there would be no SWV becos she put the group together! Not no lawyer, no doctor, no manager…it was LELEE so i take my hat off to this beautiful woman and throughout her trials and tribulations, shes always been a queen in my eyes!

• Lelee January 2, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Hey there folks

I was just doing what every person in the spotlight does and check the web to see what the world is saying about him/her. I came across this site and saw my photos of my kids and I, but for a good purpose. I appreciate the comments, negative and positive. Unfortunately, I cant take away my past, but I guarantee you our lives growing up were different. Most of my life I have been misunderstood and that usually happens when people don’t know you. I have two beautiful children today and i am happy that God saw different because if it was left up to me back then, I probably wouldnt have a story.I don’t glorify teen pregnancy at all and I continue to bring awareness to this issue to bring it to an end. I had to start with my kids first.I am currently writing a book so that you all will understand who I am, what I went through and why before SWV and after.But most of all,I want to empower and show young women that there is strength in every situation.

Whomever runs this site I appreciate you. Be Blessed!

• Ashley November 10, 2008 at 1:40 am

Omg, she has been thru some things. Her kids are cute!

• butta October 5, 2008 at 4:00 am

awww look at khiry..so cute…. lil

• KEEYSHAJ50 October 1, 2008 at 3:01 am

THAT LETTER WAS SO NICE ;)
    AND HER KIDS GREW UP NICELY ;)
    THEY LOOK LIKE MAMA TOO.

• Jodi September 27, 2008 at 12:20 am

Hey………… that’s a very beautiful letter, so sweet. we shares the same B/day only i’m older by 6 yrs.

• SUZ September 26, 2008 at 5:28 am

Aww great

• Tia September 25, 2008 at 8:42 pm

aww what a beautiful heart felt letter

• Jay September 25, 2008 at 7:37 pm

That was a beautiful letter…from the heart. I wish them all the best!!

• nom September 25, 2008 at 6:58 pm

that is..she released the letter herself

• nom September 25, 2008 at 6:57 pm

she released it libra on her website

• Libra September 25, 2008 at 6:49 pm

That letter is touching but who released it? It’s kinda personal.

• Katrina September 25, 2008 at 4:38 pm

She has had a hard life. That’s a beautiful letter to her daughter (minus the pee pee part). She’s had extreme highs and extreme lows, but she still here so good for her. I hope she’s found some peace and happiness.

• cookie September 25, 2008 at 3:22 pm

That is such a beautiful message to her daughter! I can’t believe she has a 20 year old. She looks like a teenager herself.

• Quin September 25, 2008 at 3:08 pm

That is a beautiful letter. And because she has a strong mother ahe will over come anything.

• Bow Bow September 23, 2010 at 4:32 am

That was a nice letter and watch how u talk about people..i no her daughter margaret since i was 13 and we are very cool to this day…and if u wanna say somthin stupid why read her post…