LATIMORE ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH HONEYCOMBS

LISA WU-HARTWELL’S FAMILY DRAMA WITH EX KEITH SWEAT

Her name is Lisa Wu-Hartwell. She is the ex-wife of singer Keith Sweat and the current wife of NFL player Ed Hartwell.Lisa currently stars in the reality television show “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” on Bravo,but don’t you call her a “desperate housewife.” The budding actress owns her own real estate firm, Hartwell & Associates, a jewelry line called Wu Girls, a children’s clothing line, Hart 2 Hart Baby;she is also a model and a mother to 13-year-old Jordan, 10-year-old Justin and 1-year-old EJ.It is Jordan and Justin,however, who won’t be starring in the Bravo series because their dad,Keith Sweat,won’t allow it.

VIA E!:
The drama on Bravo’s new The Real Housewives of Atlanta series began long before the cameras ever started rolling.Lisa Wu Hartwell, one of the five women showcased in Bravo’s latest Real Housewives incarnation, tells me she was hoping to have all three of her children on the show, but her ex-husband, late-’80s R&B hitmaker Keith Sweat, has gotten in the way.Hartwell and Sweat have two sons together, 13-year-old Jordan and 11-year-old Justin. “He didn’t sign a waiver,” Hartwell complains. “He’s like, ‘Lisa, it’s nothing personal. I just really don’t know how they’re going to edit and if they’re going to make you look crazy. I just don’t want the kids to be, you know, overexposed or anything.’ “

Hartwell doesn’t buy it. “They asked their dad if could they be involved, and he [said] no,” she says. “It could have been a Disney show and I don’t think he would have signed it.”

An email sent to Sweat through his official website has not been returned.For now, Hartwell appears on the show as if she only has one child, one-year-old E.J., her son with her current husband, NFL player Ed Hartwell.

See pictures of Lisa’s family below: Justin (first pic),Jordan and EJ(second pic),Lisa and her husband Ed(third pic). Keith Sweat and his kids are featured in the last picture(thanks to urban-hoopla.com for picture of Keith and kids)

Meanwhile,the “Desperate Housewives of Atlanta” held a premiere party for their show last night.Ms. Tami Reed of Talking With Tami got a chance to attend the festivities last night. CLICK HERE to see pictures from the red carpet!

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

251 Comments to “LISA WU-HARTWELL’S FAMILY DRAMA WITH EX KEITH SWEAT”

• black long formal dresses November 3, 2013 at 11:06 am

Very good blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed
    in this article? I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get feed-back from other
    experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Appreciate it!

• Winning Back An Ex Boyfriend August 27, 2013 at 9:00 am

I’m curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something
    more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?

• Google Books July 3, 2013 at 8:18 pm

hi!,I really like your writing so a lot! percentage we keep up a correspondence extra about your article on AOL?
    I require an expert on this house to solve
    my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to peer you.

• iPad Giveaways February 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm

This is very interesting. I found the points you mentioned beneficial. Please continue the nice work; I unquestionably will come back to read more sometime soon.

• andre November 5, 2011 at 2:53 pm

K.S rules as man of the house regardless…women are snakes except not all…

• Free Music for iPod October 30, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Related…

[...]just beneath, are numerous totally not related sites to ours, however, they are surely worth going over[...]…

• Pictures of lisa wu July 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

[...] LISA WU-HARTWELL'S FAMILY DRAMA WITH EX KEITH SWEAT – BlackCelebKids Oct 9, 2008 … See pictures of Lisa's family below:Г‚ Justin (first pic),Jordan and EJ(second pic),Lisa and her … [...]

• Malcom Heinzle July 23, 2011 at 7:46 am

Thank you for sharing with us, I conceive this website really stands out :D.

• Marlene Schram December 29, 2010 at 8:40 am

There is apparently a bunch to know about this. I believe you made certain good points in features also.

• Sweetlady June 20, 2010 at 12:05 am

Lisa Wu-Hartwell, continue to keep your head up and do you…You and your spouse show how real love is and I will stay in agreement with you for you to have your boys. Nothing against Mr. Sweat, but hey a boy does need a male role model and Mr. Ed Hartwell is very capable of doing that and you both together will raise all three and whenever the other bunny comes just wonderful……May your family continue to flourish in superior health, unlimited wealth (8 figure status) unlimited peace, joy, love and all the things two loving people want for their family…..stand on 1 John 5:13-15 and just believe and not waiver and your petition will be granted….Just trust God, you will not lose……peace…..

• beSt Yet~ October 28, 2009 at 10:14 am

I like Lisa- she’s one of my favorites on the show. However, i’m not understanding why she would push for her children to be put on the show…like why is she making such a huge deal out of it?? I mean…if you notice, none of the other cast members children or even that involved in the show anyway. you may get a glimpse of them at the most. but it’s never anything major!! Why cause so much drama and confusion just to have your children on camera for just a split second? not only that but…i don’t believe she realizes the drama its causing already and they’re not on the show now. The show is called..”The Real House Wives of Atlanta.” not “The Real House Wives of Atlanta and their Children.” Lisa is pretty, successful with a juicy ass husband (good lawd!!) she should just do her and if she wants full custody of her kids well then that’s her business. The drive to get them just shouldn’t be to have them included on a show. That would be CRAZY!!

• Lisha October 21, 2009 at 9:09 pm

As a mother I do feel you should protect your children from the nasties of this world an the media is a cruel place. He has a right to say he doesn’t want his babies on tv to keep them safe of the drama of the show an their is allot of it. Critics calling it a ghetto show even radio host saying they where ashamed to be black. Their are so many reality shows out their now that started of sweet but ended up all bad like john&kate those kids are being druggd through a nasty divorce publicly the media could care less. I love me some lisa an I could see why she wants her babies on the show but sometimes their are some things the world should’t see.

• Terrance October 14, 2009 at 3:48 pm

cool pics

• MissAmerica October 10, 2009 at 2:08 am

We are all on the outside looking in! Noone knows what may have gone on in Lisa’s past . . .we are basing opinions off of assumptions. Personally, I don’t care for Lisa’s character on the show, though I don’t know her, I have seen enough to realize that she straddles the fence and always seems to play a role in every piece of drama that goes on! Don’t get me wrong, she does seem business oriented and appears to be a damn good mother; but what we don’t see is what goes on when the cameras are off!
    Everyone has a bit of a temper and diehard fans of the show saw the reunion and got to witness a lil bit of upset Lisa . . .ok so whats my point?? A man should never put his hands on a woman no matter how far he is pushed . . .but that brings me back to point A, that noone knows what went on in the past (unless of course u were a fly on the wall!). As a mother, model and wife of someone financially set in life, I know that if push came to shove and I were going through a custody battle with my lil one . . .all the money in the world would not offset the judges’ ruling on whats in my childs best interest.
    I actually commend KS for refusing to let the children have an active role in the show, I mean damn people, aren’t they going through enough?? Is President Obama wrong for not letting his girls be cast into the spotlight and wanting them to live fairly normal lives during their childhood??? And just because he rufused to sign the release for them to be physically on the show, does not mean that they don’t exsist! Lisa could easily mention or make refrence to her children! Nene made refrence to the fact that her eldest son has a different father and nothing more was brought up . . .how simple is that?? We know that Greg is not his biological father and its cool, and we don’t need to know who the mystery father is. Same as the children situation with Lisa, she could’ve brought the fact that she had two other children on the show and with her knowing the situation with their father; she could’ve moved on with her role on the show (and kept her personal situation to herself if she felt the need to; I mean, we all know whats going on now, so what would’ve been the difference??!).
    I think that the situation is being blown out of porportion . . .its all in Gods hands, he knows who the big bad wolf was (if there were any).She obviously has a relationship with the children and their father, so I’m sure if it is not in her favor that those adults will work something out! I think that the children will be in great hands no matter who obtains custody! But let us remember that a child should stay in a childs place!!!

• Alea Blue October 9, 2009 at 11:30 am

How do u even take time out to state ur opinion on sum1 who doesnt know you even exist? smh

• Dilaura October 5, 2009 at 4:53 pm

cool pics

• N'Keishi October 2, 2009 at 1:53 pm

i think that lisa should get custody of her kids and i hope and prey that she does

• Tampa 45 September 24, 2009 at 9:21 am

I agree with bobbie wholeheartedly.Ks has custody of his kids which shows that he really care about them and want them to have a stable up bringing. Many kids their ages and in their situation is not that lucky to have a strong parent that cares about them and really cares what happens to them. This is a cruel world for kids and if the parents don’t look out for them they can fall in to drugs, prostitution, gangs or even end up dead.Personally, I don’t know lisa or keith and I am not calling neither of them bad parents so please don’t take this the wrong way. I am just glad that a father loves his kids that much that he took the steps to make sure they grow up and have a chance at a good healthy life.Sometimes divorces are very devastating for the kids and the adults that are divorcing each other usually are caught up on who hurt who and the poor children are always caught in the middle. Again, I don’t know ks or lisa or who did what and I really don’t pass judgement on neither of them. All that matters is that the children is being taken care of by one of them so that they can grow up in a stable enviroment with love and support of one of their parents. I wish them all good luck in the future.

• Bobbie September 21, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Tina E. (Reggies mom) I understand your point of view, even though a lot of fans of KS, do not know anything about his and Lisa”s relationship. I sorry but you have to look at the other women in this world that are not black, being mixed or otherwise, she is just like Kimora Simmons, have two kids by these rich men, and then they are gone. Lisa is a loser, did you hear what she said, if she gets the kids, she is going after the child support. You have a husband, in the NFL, come on let him take care of you. Oops i forgot, he does not have a contract. I never heard that KS, beat his wife or girlfriend. Lisa lived with him for years you say, well she should have known how he was. I don’t like men being physical or mentally abruisive, that is totally wrong. I would just like to see our Black Men raise these boys to be some strong black men. They need to teach them to marry their own race, granted a lot of us are mixed, actually we all are. I just like to see them treat us better. Everybody in the world that has a ounce of sense, know Asian women, love money, and they will do whatever they have to, to get it. Drop two babies and oh i want a divorce, so i can get money for me and the kids. KS, flipped the script, and i am glad he did, look at Russell Simmons, not even 10 years of marriage, two kids, and what, what $40,000, a month for child support. How many of our black women get that kind of money. OKay, so don’t get it twitted, i just think fair is fair.

• vivian October 30, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I think Lisa is leaving somethin out. A real mother doesnt leave her kids with anyone.Not for long. A mothers love is special . I remember when I was a kid and we visited our grandparents, all the other cousins got to stay the entire summer and after a week, mom was comming to get us. My Grandparents were great but my mom just believed in taking care of us. Im just saying

• Rebecca September 18, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I read the first couple of comments, then found it had really nothing to do with the initial article. Everyone has an opinion, why does everyone have to shoot their mouths in this manner. I’m sure if we were all in an open room, no one would care to say anything. I would just say good luck to the both of them and I think since Lisa is in the public eye right now, Keith Sweat may seem to look like the bad guy. But, WE don’t know their lives, and obviously he has custody, so she messed up somewhere.

1 Corinthians 15:33 (New International Version)
    33Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

• wendy September 17, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I think you ppl who are taking up for Lisa are idiots. There is no way I would put my children on television but I think it is safe to say that I seem to be a little older than most of you. For the person who said if a divorcee decides not to date until her kids are older. Your comment was the most ignorant of all. I think the more you sacrafice the smarter you are. You ask does that make you a better mother uhh yes you idiot. I hope to God you are not a mother.

• Keith September 15, 2009 at 8:14 am

Hole-up, everybody fall back. This is a Black Celebrity Kids web site and post. Think about them first!

Thank God I’m a Cardinals fan.

• Sexy September 14, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Speaking from experience….the courts do not favor the mom over the dad as you stated. That’s really old. So you’re already talking about something you seem to have not experienced personally. That’s where ppl make their 1st mistake. We don’t have a clue what went on during Lisa’s 1st marriage or if Keith has full custody. They likely have joint custody & the older boys live full time with the dad. Custody and where the kids live are two separate issues. I am not even a fan of Lisa’s but she definitely has my back on this one. You also stated something like…’a real mom know how to sacrifice no matter how painful’….Everybody’s situation is different and everybody’s PAIN TOLERANCE is different. What YOU are willing to sacrifice doesn’t make u a better mom. Ex: I remember a minister saying when she got a divorce she didn’t date until her kids were grown. Good for her. Clap, clap. Does that make her a better mom than divorcees who decide to date decent men that are respectful to their kids? Hell no. That was HER sacrifice. And who said Lisa hasn’t sacrificed. While Keith was touring on the road surrounded by beautiful women where was Lisa? Likely at home raising THEIR boys. And Lisa couldn’t be the evil mom ppl are trying to portray. If so then why did she get so lucky to have the beautiful husband she has now and their beautiful young son? That’s why we are not suppose to judge.

• Missy August 30, 2009 at 12:53 am

I do give props to Keith for stepping up and taking care of his children because we have too many men out there that don’t. I do believe that all kids needs both of their parents, unfortunately, that doesn’t happen all the time. Nonetheless, who are any of us to say who the kids should be with???? Keith may not have been a good husband, but it seems as though he is a great father and for the best interest of those kids, thats whats important.

I do feel for Lisa, being a mother, but at the same time she does need to get her life together, Her husband played in the NFL but if you guys read about his success in the NFL you’ll understand why they are having financial hardship. There is nothing worng with kids being in the media and as much as I love the Real Housewives of Atlanta, I dont think it’s a healthy environment for those kids.

Someone mentioned that NeNe’s kids seem to be fine and so does Sheree and Kim kids, did it ever occur to you that its because their dads are not around, Sheree in particular????????

Lisa I hope things work out for you and your husband and Keith you seem to be doing a great job, keep on keeping on and I have the most respect for any man who stands up and take care of their responsibility – kids in particular!!!!

• StrangeThings August 28, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I wonder how many children would be better off raised by their father’s? I see ALL of Lisa’s friends are visitors to this site, b/c any REAL MOTHER would question why a judge wouldn’t give mom full custody & why it would take A GOOD MOTHER 5-yrs to take a serious interest in fighting such a ruling…Idk all about Kieth, or Lisa but I do feel that her choice to make this a public fight, and the story she’s telling doesn’t put her in a good light…Mom’s protect their children, most “normal” famous people don’t have their children on display for the world to scrutinize, ridicule or target. I believe in kids being kids and its hard to do that with a camera filming your childhood…

I digress, I know LISA’S fan club is on here strong, not to mention a slew of feminist and women’s rights activist, who can’t possibly understand A WOMAN SUCH AS MYSELF arguing that sometimes dads are best…women & men are imperfect, therefore so are moms & dads…
    being the boys’ (biological) mother doesn’t give any special rights or an excuse if she was-or-is harmful to their upbringing.

I understand men get away with a lot, it can be a job-plus being a woman and a mother, but we can’t use certain hardship to beat decent fathers over the head…who’s to say who is better for the kids? The courts I guess.

• Sherley August 30, 2009 at 8:26 pm

I must agree with you. When she said she lost custody to Keith Sweat, my first thought was, what could you have done that would convince a judge to give full sole custody to their father. When I read its been 5 years, I said, well that explains it.

If my some strange incident, my son’s father was granted full sole custody, it would not take my 5 years to get them back, hell it wouldn’t take 6 months. Scared of the judicial system, my behind, the judicial system would be scared of me. She was too busy doing her own thing, her children weren’t her main concern.

I do not watch that show & from all the drama I’ve heard on gossip sites, I am gald I do not. Since Keith Sweat has full sole custody, he can say no & Lisa has to deal w/it. I’m thinking she simply wants them on their for her own benefits, not caring on thing about the children. They are 11 & 13, they cannot make sound decisions regarding their future. Lisa needs to sit her behind down somewhere & stop lying to herself.

• mina August 28, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I am a fan of The Atlanta Housewives but I wouldn’t want my children on that show either. Money isn’t everything. The show is for adult viewing for a reason, bad language, a lot of drinking, sexual implication and adultery. Children don’t need to be exposed to all that drama.

• Bucky August 28, 2009 at 7:51 pm

OMG. I am truly a fan of Atlanta Housewives, actually I like all of the Housewives shows (Orange County, New York, and New Jersey. I hope they do one for Chicago. Seriously, As for the situation with Mrs. Hartwell, well, I never. I hope their custody case ends up back in front of the original judge or one similar. I think it is absolutely in the best interest of Justin and Jordan if they remain with their father, Keith. I think there is something to be said for a mother who puts her own desires, needs, and wants before the children she gave birth. Then she has the audacity to ask for child support if she is granted custody. IS SHE SERIOUS?? Her pleadings to the court are just as ingenuine as she is, seriously. The fact that she would want to exploit her children like that bothers me to no end. I lack any compassion or empathy for her. I truly hope that the judge looks past Mrs. Hartwell fakeness and leave the children where they belong……..with their father.

A sister in Chicago keeping it real.

• Hot thang August 28, 2009 at 3:54 pm

It is not that serious, these are celebrity kids so they never get to hide from the spotlight anyway. They are thrown into the spotlight at birth with or without a television series. He didn’t sign a wavier but it doesn’t matter. Everybody still knows that they are lisa’s kids, so if she comes out looking bad on the show, it is still going to reflect on them. All the kids do for the most part, (who are on the show), is sit, eat, play, shop, and sleep. You don’t need protected from that, lol. They barely get camera time, it was not that serious. He was trying to make her look like a bad mom who is never with her kids, not protect them, and she knows that. So if I was her, I wouldn’t even sweat Sweat, let him do what he feels he needs to do.

• Chan'yell Wu August 28, 2009 at 5:57 am

Hmmm I think Lisa is absolutely gorgeous and that’s why she has scored these high-end men,she’s absolutely adorable and smart lets sit back and think how it’ll feel if these things were being said about you, I’m really feeling shameful as a woman to sit back and see how you can diss another woman because of her dating men with money, honestly would you date a guy that’ll mooch off of you? I tried that”I will love you just because” and it doesn’t always work because they doesn’t realize that your money is to be done with the way you want it. The guy I dated was complely broke and annoying he complained about everything”food,hotels,clothes,etc.” It gets sad and boring if a man can’t bring food to the table then he should work at it and not mooch and complain about what he doesn’t haveLOL totally off the subject but I’m just making my point of Lisa just so happens2 be a beauty and bright so that’s maybe why she scores the paid brothas..oh well so-be-it I Love You Lisa and stay just as you are..all women has blown up on sum1 at a point of a time so ..blah BLOGS! Whatev’ smoochiez ‘Wu Girls’@(^-^)@

• donna v August 23, 2009 at 12:11 am

It amazes me that people are actually on here fighting via cyberspace about a woman and a man and their children – none of whom they know personally.

Whether Keith Sweat was abusive or not, he has every right to keep his children out of the view of the camera. And Lisa’s housewives show is hardly appropriate for any child to be on. So give the man some credit as a father for not cosigning his children’s participation in the show. At best, it’s adult real-life comedy. Notihng more.

Lisa, as their mother, had every right to want them on the show but her and their father couldn’t come to an agreement. Period. She’s doing fine without them on there. Leave those children alone. Lisa, as a character on the show since that’s how we ALL know her, is cool with me. Enough said.

• Toya1 August 23, 2009 at 6:40 am

One of the most logical comments on this page! I agree completely, well said:)

• Masarati August 28, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Thank you for such a sensible comment and I also agree, very well said.

• Dyspt August 20, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Stay strong keep the young men away from trash on tv
    bless you brother

• Pookyluc August 13, 2009 at 2:46 am

Yes, I agree with Vanjae….Lisa was also my favorite out of all the housewives on the show. Simply because she was actually doing her own thing. She’s a busy body who actually WORKS. Obviously she’s doing well for herself because she own several businesses of her OWN. She don’t depend on a man as a sugar daddy like a cast member that we know of, nor does she just sits on her ass. Keep doing your thing Lisa!!! You’re going to always have haters (Lookout), that are too ignorant and/or narrow-minded to see and appreciate accomplishments made by those who once struggled.

• Just Plain Tired August 7, 2009 at 3:32 pm

To you Ms. Lookout I am really tired of men getting the “go ahead” from society just because of their runway status. You must not be a mother and if you are you must be either one with low class, slippery draws, or extremely dirty knees. No woman with even half of a brain would give KS a minute of “props”. He was an abusive controlling husband and probably won full custody of the kids due to making an extra gift into the judge’s “charity fund” or are you one of those naive ppl who still believe in good hearty fair American justice. Whatever the reason was it was really none of the public’s business. The issue was between KS and LH and should stay there. Who are you or anyone else to judge her merits? I don’t see the show affecting NeNe’s kids, or Sheree’s kids, or Kims’ kids! It is all in how you raise them. Have you ever heard anything bad about Will Smith’s sons? No but they are in the media. Stop hating on LH for having what you are trying to get and start praising her for overcoming her obstacles and climbing her mountain. Oh yeah and on one more note. How is it you have so much advise to tell the “brotha’s” to watch out? Is it because you are a gold digger and are just hating that someone with more class and sophistication is where YOU have yet to rise to? It is just funny how so much intelligence has caused you to have such a major lack of character.

• LL September 3, 2009 at 10:18 am

I think Lisa seems to have her head on straight and just got a bad rap in the co

• KIKI in Montgomery, AL August 3, 2009 at 12:48 pm

What is so wrong with Lisa wanting to have her other sons on the show? I didn’t even know they existed until now! Keith is being selfish & she’s the mom, she should make the decisions. She is married to a wealthy man but without him, I believe she would still be able to live happily & continue being successful. To Lookout: hello hater! She is not a groupy. U shouldn’t put labels on ppl. U asked why does she have to use Keith’s name in ths senario. Maybe because he is the father, not because of status. Keith Sweat is not a man to brag about. I see Lisa as a strong woman. IF U CAN’T OFFER CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM JUST DON’T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

• nessa August 7, 2009 at 12:00 am

Way to tell it like it is. Go lisa keep doing big things girl and have more babies for ed he love and respects u . And hi hater (lookout ) hype is spelt HYPE not HIPE

• JAY January 27, 2012 at 11:22 am

Lisa just PRAY! God has all ur answers’ seek him first! Don’t put ur trust in man nor woman… they can’t help u,,,, only God! can…”The Bible says…Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; In all your ways Acknowledge Him, And He will make your path straight” Aman! We all must remember that this is a family & is in need of Mega prayer & that the children is the Most important part in this custody…. CALL & Give it all 2 JESUS! HE’LL BE RITE THERE!!! PRAISE GOD!!!