ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

MOMMY QUOTES:ERYKAH BADU ON RAISING HOLISTIC KIDS

erykahbadupregnantacl

I do holistic healing and health… I grow my own herbs, dry them and bottle them. I’m learning from trial and error as I go along. With my first child I made some mistakes with the holistic stuff. Puma my daughter she’s my second child, they’re both vegan vegetarians, organic babies from birth, natural births at home. I guess I’ve grown into being a vegan vegetarian. I’ve been a vegetarian since high school,1989.~Singer Erykah Badu on raising holistic kids(SOURCE)

Tags : Posted in : Mommy Quotes

32 Comments to “MOMMY QUOTES:ERYKAH BADU ON RAISING HOLISTIC KIDS”

• tarot por visa November 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

• HTC Titan Accessories October 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm

There are definitely lots of details like that to take into consideration. That could be a nice point to bring up. I offer the ideas above as common inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you deliver up the place the most important factor will be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around issues like that, but I am positive that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Both girls and boys really feel the affect of only a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

• KimberlyJustice August 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I received 1 st mortgage loans when I was 20 and this supported my family a lot. However, I need the collateral loan once again.

• watch June 15, 2011 at 12:36 am

Whats up! Nice article! I have been a frequent visitor to your site (more like addict :P) of the website even though I had a issue. I’m not likely for sure whether it is the right place to ask, but you have no spam comments. I get comments regularly. Are you going to you help me? Thanks a lot!

• Brain Buker May 14, 2011 at 3:08 am

I am just commenting to let you be aware of of the incredible experience my cousin’s daughter developed browsing your site. She came to find so many things, which included how it is like to have an amazing teaching heart to have many others quite simply completely grasp some complicated subject areas. You truly did more than my expected results. Thanks for offering such precious, dependable, revealing and easy tips about your topic to Ethel.

• gunner6ixx December 9, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I’d like to know what she did the first time.

• dauoo December 9, 2008 at 11:48 am

Oh, and 1 more thing. As far as sending the wrong message to her children as someone so plainly stated; I guess the President of the United States must not have gotten that message seeing that his mother had 2 children by 2 different daddies.

• dauoo December 9, 2008 at 11:42 am

Wow! There are some really opinionated people on here. 1st, Ms. Badu can do whatever she feels is right for her and her family. 2nd, would a unhappy marriage with unhealthy food in a disfunctional environment have been better? I personally think it’s a beautiful situation to have all of that positive influence in these children’s lives. I’m not a vegan but I’ve been a veggie for 8 yrs so I’m a little bias on the holistic lifestyle. Working for Americorp/Greenpeace and growing up in the hood, I know 100′s of 1000′s of kids from “traditional” families who would kill to be in her kids shoes . I applaud you Erykah. I know you’ll do what’s best for YOUR children. You guys should try reading Ghandi, Jimmy Baldwin, MLK, summin.

• shesh1nes December 8, 2008 at 2:02 pm

I just worry about the forcing things like a vegan diet on children. Locking or perming a child’s hair and other things. I think if a parent has a child and wants to give them these things they should grow up learning about them first. And when they are old enough to understand and maintain that lifestyle on their own,they should be allowed to do so if they so choose.

• lilkunta December 8, 2008 at 5:44 am

@laydacris: o ok. thax.

Since Erykah Badu’s kids are spread out it seems she did use protection. So hopefully she also got to know the fathers as well.

U all dont know 4 fact that she had unprotected sex. The kids arent back to back. E dated Commom 4 awhile & they didnt have a kid so that does say something.

A “loose” example is Claudette Ortiz (City High, sings he original Hips Dont Lie(then called Dance Like That) with Wyclef Jean). CO had son in 03 w Ryan Toby, son Daunte Karon Goncalves on 19Aug 04 with rapper Malicious Jynx, then the NEXT YEAR has her 3rd son Joel with Ryan Toby….Goodness!
    Perhaps when her sons are older she’ll return to music.

• LeLe December 8, 2008 at 5:08 am

I have a sister who has 3 children with 3 fathers and she’s an excellent mother. I wouldnt find fault in the mother or the upbringing…just the choices. I believe that having children shouldn’t be so casual of an act. Why choose to plan a pregnancy rather than a life together? If you have made an intellegent, responsible decision to have a child why not marry the father? Your plan is to be tied to them for the rest of your life anyway! Marriage isnt “the man’s” way. Its GOD’s way; and I’ve always thought her to be a spiritual person. What’s wrong with having children that actually look alike, or have the same last name, or dare I say not see men coming and going throughout their lives. Theses are just the father’s of her children not the only men her children has seen. Noone is perfect nor are we expected to be perfect….but come on…..own up to your faults. It’s not about being judgemental…….I have the right to my own opinion. And thats all it is MY OPINION.

• Sweet June 13, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I couldn’t have said it any better..you are so right.

• Famous Quotes December 7, 2008 at 12:56 pm

I love to see his more nice gestures.

• SUZ December 7, 2008 at 8:05 am

holistic? Hmmm never heard that before now. But I suppose it’s nice and all.

• BLssd December 6, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Read all of your comments….sorry…it’s still sad, period.

• c-lovely December 6, 2008 at 9:17 pm

according to erykah, she was in committed and loving relationships with each of these men. while in relationships, sometimes couples have unprotected sex. it happens to all of us, and sometimes babies come out of these condom-less nights. just because someone chooses to do things in an unconventional way, it doesn’t make them or their lifestyle choices “sad”. as long as the children are being loved and supported by both parents, which hers are, there really isn’t much more to be said about it.

• JR December 6, 2008 at 4:27 am

For all we know each of her children could have been planned with each fatherm and they could have been tested, as some couples do before going without protection. She is a free spirit as we all know,. Either way she has stated before that her childrens’ fathers are in their lives and that she maintains friendships with each one. Perhaps she is just not one for longevity. She has her love child and moves forward. It is sad in a way as far as too many children and some of us not knowing first hand waht is is like to have mom and da in the same housegold in a stabvle home environment. Bu, to each it’s own. Smile. Anyhow, Still love this chic.

• leo December 6, 2008 at 12:49 am

it is sad, she sleeps with dude 1 has a kid, sleeps with dude 2 and has a kid and then sleeps with dude 3 and has a kid, thats messy and it does send a bad message to her kids. the kids might grow up and say “well my mom did it, so can i”….

• danni December 6, 2008 at 12:18 am

Everybody has there own opion and I think its sad that you would judge someone because of there Childrens father’s..

• danni December 6, 2008 at 12:17 am

Everybody has there own opion and I thin its sad that you would judge someone because of there Childrens father..

• mandude December 6, 2008 at 12:09 am

now if they was all like 1 yr apart, i would think it was sad but its not to me…. those kids are well spread out in age and i think that she did allow plenty of time to kno those dudes b4 having their children.

• KiKi December 5, 2008 at 11:16 pm

It is sad. I don’t care how much money you have, you need to set the moral compass for your kids and sleeping around and having unprotected sex is NOT a good message..PERIOD!!

• danni December 5, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Well its not the best message buts its still dont make her sad

• danni December 5, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Its not sending a bad message to her kids. You or i dont know how she raises her kids.. I could understand if her kids aren’t being taking care of then it would be wrong and sad.. Thats what wrong with society today they judge people on what they hear and see. You can’t just claim it to be sad or a bad message when you dont even no her..

• BLssd December 5, 2008 at 8:56 pm

“halp” = “help”…typo.

• BLssd December 5, 2008 at 8:55 pm

you’re wrong, Danni, it is sad. what kind of message is that sending to your kids…that I sleep around with random men, unprotected, and don’t care who it is that helps raise my kids? (if they halp) I think she’s “out there” anyway.

• Danni December 5, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Why does it make it sad? As long as she takes care and love her kids..It really shouldn’t matter…

• KiKi December 5, 2008 at 4:42 pm

DANG!!!!!!!!!! 3 different babies’ daddies? SAD!!!11

• Laydacris December 5, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Andre 3000 is a vegan as well, Puma dad is a rapper called D.O.C and the third baby’s dad is Jay Electronica who is a rapper and producer.

• lilkunta December 5, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Do her kids still eat organic/vegan when they go to their Dad’s houses? I know Seven sees his Dad Andre(of Outkast). Who is Puma’s dad? Who is her 3rd babies’s dad?

• KiKi December 5, 2008 at 3:16 pm

I wonder if that hair is au-naturale?

• sara December 5, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Wondering if the herbs shes growing are legal. I’m just saying.