ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

NEWS:BRATZ DOLLS BANNED:GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN

bratz
VIA ECONOMY:
Mattel Inc. has won a court order banning MGA Entertainment from making and selling Bratz dolls, which were found to infringe on Mattel’s copyrights, according to Bloomberg News.

The multiethnic fashion Bratz dolls entered the market in 2001. Since then Barbie sales have dropped.

But a jury found that a Mattel designer came up with the Bratz name and characters and secretly took the concept to MGA. The jury awarded Mattel $100 million in damages, or five percent of the $2 billion the toymaker sought. MGA plans to appeal.

Bratz sales through June were $3.1 billion, according to evidence at the trial. MGA said its Bratz profit was $405.4 million, while Mattel claimed it was as much as $777.9 million.

The ban won’t go into effect until after the court has ruled on both sides post-trial motions. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 11.

Picture Source

Tags : Posted in : News

16 Comments to “NEWS:BRATZ DOLLS BANNED:GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN”

• 游戏,女孩,女孩,换装,打扮,好玩,衣服,芭比娃娃,布拉茨 May 10, 2013 at 12:15 am

Wonderful, what a website it is! This weblog presents helpful facts to
    us, keep it up.

• sole December 10, 2008 at 5:36 am

Mattel are haters, point blank!

• KiKi December 5, 2008 at 11:13 pm

It does matter. Young girls are very impressionable and we as responsible parents need to control what images they see. That includes T.V. and toys. Even the baby bratz dolls wear suggestive clothes and makeup. You may think it is harmless now but you by purchasing and allowing them to play with these type toys, you are telling them that it is okay to look like this. Actions speak louder than words. My aunt bought my daughter the bratz head when she was 3 years old!! My daughter wanted a doll head to style her hair. I promptly put it away. She will NEVER play with that trashy doll..in my house.

• themob December 5, 2008 at 9:58 pm

who cares about the clothes they are wearing? if i recall when i was a kid all the clothe came off anyway. (i dont even know why) and i know most houses are like that.. just naked dolls strewn all over the floor.

• M'sgirl December 5, 2008 at 7:48 pm

@Zee. I dont have to call names. Like you said it is apparent who is the ghetto girl. I am well educated sweetie and work at a University. Even the Dean thinks this is funny. Its not even that serious sweetie. Have a blessed weekend.

• Zee December 5, 2008 at 7:18 pm

@M’sGhettogirl
    The only reason I addressed you is that you typed a rebuttal of some sort to my earlier comment.Dumb? That’ll be the rocket scientists you’re raising and who play with suggestive dolls. I am SO THROUGH with you so pls don’t bother with a reply. If any of the working stiffs in your telemarketing center/office need clarification on bratz here’s a link: thescotsman.scotsman.com/politics/Girls-aged–5-sexualised.4754328.jp

• CoCo December 5, 2008 at 7:15 pm

M’sgirl I guess I am crazy and not a good parent too because my two daughters love them who are 7 and 10. The 7yr old loves Sasha because she says that looks like her and my 10yr likes Yasmine because her name is that. They dont like Barbie and has never received one as a gift. So if I am considered a bad parent because of a doll there are too many other things to be concerned about. If you dont like Bratz you dont have to buy them.

• M'sgirl December 5, 2008 at 7:03 pm

@Zee.Since you thought I was talking to you. I talk to my daughter. Just like with music when i was growing up loved Prince, Vanity 6 and Madonna. Did not make me want to go out and have sex. ?Whips and chains? Dumb!! Everyone in my office is laughing at you and your comments.

• Danni December 5, 2008 at 6:49 pm

My daughters love bratz dolls. They are 8 6 and 3. And they are no way encourage to look or act like a brat doll.. They dont want to look like a brat doll either. They dont like barbie dolls for some reasons..They love the shows and the movies..My daughters knows the diffrence between whats appropiatte for them to wear and whats not, because i talk to my daighters..

• M'sgirl December 5, 2008 at 3:58 pm

? Encourage to be fast and look easy and trashy ? I dont think so that’s why we as parents talk to our kids. And who buys the clothes in your house you or your kids?

• Zee December 5, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Btw the doll pictured above is the scaled-down version of it. Most of these dolls come dressed in micro-minis, stilletos and belly shirts.

• Zee December 5, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Kiki you are so right! Bratz dolls are too suggestive- just look at the dolls facial expressions and trashy clothing they come in. They do nothing but encourage girls to be fast and look easy/ trashy.

• KiKi December 5, 2008 at 3:14 pm

I don’t like the bratz dollz anyway. They are waaaayyy too grown up looking for little girls. There is also nothing ethnic about this doll except her brown skin.

• NaiyaJ December 5, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Maybe if they had a more broad diversity of Barbies they would sale more.
    Haters!

• Aimee December 5, 2008 at 2:52 pm

sounds mattel is hating to me

• M'sgirl December 5, 2008 at 2:34 pm

These dolls were multienthic that’s why kids and parents like me loved these dolls. My daughter and her friends have Bratz rooms. I can not believe this. My daughter and her friends are not Barbie fans. This is sad. Mattel are Haters.