TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

CHARLES TILLMAN’S LITTLE MIRACLE

tillmanbaby

Defensive back for the Chicago Bears, Charles Tillman, has two children with his wife Jackie:Talya,3 and ten-month-old Tiana. It is ten-month old Tiana,however, who nearly broke Charles’ heart.

In May, doctors discovered that a 3-month-old Tiana had an enlarged heart, a condition known as cardiomyopathy, which prevents the heart from pumping blood through out the body. Doctors told Charles that his daughter wouldn’t survive without a transplant; finding a transplant would take months.

In the meantime, Tiana would have to use an interim heart, a device called a Berlin Heart, while a donor organ was being found. Though the Berlin Heart is available for adults in the United States, none for infants have yet been approved by the FDA. Tillman had to plead for a waiver from the FDA before doctors could attach the device to Tiana’s arteries.

But Tiana didn’t have to wait too long for a heart donor. A donor was finally found a few weeks after Tiana had received her “Berlin Heart”. Tiana underwent an eight hour surgery to have her new heart placed. Charles says that he struggled with the fact that a kid had to die in order for his daughter to have a new heart: “I was happy, but i struggled with another kid dying for my kid dying for my kid to live,” says Tillman. I didn’t want anyone to sacrifice other than myself.”

Today Tiana is expected to live an active life. Charles says, “I’m looking at a miracle.”

tiana tillmanfam tillmanbaby

Scans Courtesy of People magazine/Interview, December 8th Issue;Interview reprinted by Blackcelebkids.com

Tags : Posted in : Charles TillmanSportPlayers

34 Comments to “CHARLES TILLMAN’S LITTLE MIRACLE”

• Lolly October 27, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Precious, precious beautiful girls!!! What a lucky man! Such a proud big sister! I want to give you all a hug. Many blessings. Make that many MORE blessings!!!!

• deijah January 21, 2009 at 10:21 am

I just think all the one who do not support this wonderful and enduring man should just be quiet. You dont no wat u are talking about and you know wat u doing you are HATIN on this man cause u didnt come to this brillant idea first so u no wat u need to do GO SIT DOWN cause i no he got mad love for all his HATER so OBAMA congrat u did it with help of ur supporter so make all of us proud oh yeah Hi Michelle and Malia and Sasuage love ya all.
    GO OBAMA AND FAMILY

• Nannette December 10, 2008 at 9:33 pm

@juicee I know you are telling the truth. I can tell you so many stories that I know of where a brother dogs a sister. It is a trip how they get on tv and profess thier love for these women when it is a black man and a white woman. I heard Obama give Michelle Obama her due and praise his beautiful black woman on the great job she has done with raising his daughters. I think these black men would not date a black woman if she had a million dollars, if he did he would dog her even more because she has the money. We have come a long way, but we have a long way to go. I hope your friend don’t take that guy back. He will dog her again.

• juicee December 10, 2008 at 6:55 pm

behind every black man, can only be a STRONG BLACK INTELLIGENT GORGOUS BLACK WOMAN, if given the chance!!!!! stand up , stand proud, and stick together. stand proud up hold your brothers and sisters, praise them, when you rise, bring your sister/brother up with you, not the other from another, help that black woman/man open a business, stop being so quick to go all out for the next, when your sister/brother need your help just as well, we need to learn to come together, and rise up together, we are the strongest of all races, no other race can stand up to us, we are creative, talented, smart, inventive, stylish, our ancestors of women stuck by the men , even though they aint have a pot to p###ss in and a window to throw it out, even when that white man beat, humuliated them in front of their woman/kids, the black women, still respected, loved, praised that black man, and stuck by him , see brothers, if you get that black woman right, and stick with her, she is the most loyal, dedicated, woman on earth, come on people lets bring that time back, show em we aint lost, we can stick together and raise our kids, black men i believe in you, i dont care what another race of man has to say, he will never get my attention, i love my brothers, that beautiful dark skin, lovely smile, just sexy, god bless you,

• Kathy December 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Jesus is the only answer. He loves all humans and He doesn’t care how much melanin you have in your skin. We all bleed red.

• 4 JUICE October 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm

And while we are acknowledging an important woman in our great President’s life, should we not acknowledge the first and most important woman in his life? The woman who squeezed a future president out of her body and raised him as a single mother left on her own? Oh wait up she’s white, so let’s not. But doesn’t that make our first black president actually our fist bi-racial president? Perhaps this can help you feel a bit more secure to accept your own multiracial identity. Like someone here said it best..we all bleed red.

• Suz December 10, 2008 at 6:54 pm

2STRONG2BEDUMB=Woooooow. Keep saying that kind of stuff and keep being evil. One day when you have kids, if you don’t already.. Smh, Karma is going to bite you in the arse!

• Suz December 10, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Congrats to him and his family… I’m glad their daughter lived.

• juicee December 10, 2008 at 6:47 pm

oh lets not, i say lets not forget who our president got standing next to him, a beautiful strong intelligent black WOMAN!!! obama knows what is up, there is no other, and will never be another, not duplicated, cannot be copied, although many have tried, but NOPE, they dont cut it, the original, the first, the only, QUEEN!!!!! obama I tip my hat to you, hopefully many of the brothers will take heed from ya baby!!

• Nannette December 10, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Great news for the family, a child is a child balck or white. I wish them well, Yes people can marry anybody they want. BUT DAMN ARE THERE ANY BLACK MEN IN ENTERTAINMENT OR SPORTS WITH MONEY MARRIED TO A BLACK WOMAN? Don’t give me the usual Will and Jada Denzel and Paulete

• sole December 10, 2008 at 6:09 am

I am so glad that she is alright, truly a miracle!

• jasmine December 10, 2008 at 3:58 am

2strong2whatever …. i shake my head. how sad. like, really. can these comments be moderated? *pulls hair*

• Steffie December 10, 2008 at 3:03 am

I don’t agree that the comment that 2strong2bdumb made was appropriate or necessary for this blog posting, but a few years ago in Ebony magazine a football player was having a difficult time trying to find a bone marrow for his bi racial child who was suffering from luekemia and he stated that finding a bone marrow for interracial children was much more difficult. I don’t know why medically but that statement was made. Maybe there is a difference.For example, sickle cell disease tends to be an African American disease. Who knows but anywho. Regardless I’m happy to see that she is recovering and she is indeed a beautiful miracle.

• Serena December 10, 2008 at 2:20 am

I work in medical services and I have NEVER seen such evidence.

• Jae December 10, 2008 at 1:41 am

It’s too bad innocent children have to suffer & be sick.. and DUMB ASSES like 2STUPID are probably healthy!

As a mother of an interracial baby, I’m happy to say she is HEALTHY & HAPPY!!!! As are ALL interracial babies that I know!

Oh.. and hey STUPID, I bet BCK is deleting your messages cause they’re too STUPID to post.. think about it!

• to December 10, 2008 at 12:47 am

God bless the baby. 2strong2bdumb, a child from any race could have medical problems. The only time race becomes an issue with biracial kids is when its bone marrow . Which can stil be an issue for any race remeber nelly’s sister. there are not much black donors either.

• 2strong2bdumb December 10, 2008 at 12:00 am

O by the way everyone who wants to now where I got my information…try reading science & biology it IS in there!

• Sha December 9, 2008 at 11:22 pm

@ 2STRONG2BDUMB where did you find the stats on this proven information, because I have NEVER heard that!

I don’t know what the facts are in humans, but I know it has been proven that in dogs “mixing” (different breeds) actually DECREASES chances of genetic predisposition to certain diseases b/c all those diseases that are more common to a particular group (much like AA being more prone to asthma & diabtes, and white ppl to cetain cancers & mental illness) become less! (which makes more sense to me than your theory)

But at the end of the day anything can happen to anyone! Go walk into a hospital and there will probably be black person who also suffers from a heart condition!

• ewok December 9, 2008 at 10:48 pm

God bless their family! I have a baby girl named Lark and she is 9 months old. I go crazy even if she just bumps her head (first child…lol.) So, this is heartwrenching to read for them and I wish them nothing but the best.

and i must comment on that idiotic response from the idiot above…pray please. that is an innocent child and any family that is filled with love is okay in my book….whateevr color you are.

• Tami December 9, 2008 at 10:18 pm

2strong2bdumb you are just 2DUMB 2BSTRONG! What an IDIOT!

• Brnxteacher December 9, 2008 at 9:39 pm

I would really like to see the medical data that you have proving that mixing races causes biological problems? I’m not saying that it’s 100% false, but when you make such a statement, you should back it up.
    Also, regardless of what would’ve, could’ve, or should’ve happened in terms of who he married, he’s married to his current wife, and his child DID NOT deserve an ailing heart. I’m glad to know that so far, so good on the donor transplant.

• BLssd December 9, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Bittersweet story.

2STRONG2BDUMB….YOU ARE 2 DUMB.

• 2strong2bdumb December 9, 2008 at 9:03 pm

If he was married to a black woman he wouldnt be going through this…its all that mixing with “other” races that you have problems “& it has been biologically proven…

***last part of comment of 2Strong’s comment had to be deleted~BCK

• Teri December 9, 2008 at 8:46 pm

How precious. God bless them!

• mandude December 9, 2008 at 7:41 pm

@Jae, yeah i did think of tht

• jasmine December 9, 2008 at 7:15 pm

yeah…I’m sure her size has to do w/ her meds…great story, with a happy ending…

• Jae December 9, 2008 at 7:11 pm

I’m pretty sure she’s that big from all the meds she’s on. Like steroids or something. She’ll probably be “normal” sized eventually.

Both of his daughters are beautiful!

• Monique December 9, 2008 at 7:06 pm

her sister is cute

• mandude December 9, 2008 at 7:02 pm

on that pic wit mama holdin her cutie look BIG

• NaiyaJ December 9, 2008 at 6:39 pm

Prais God for that miracle!
    She actually doesnt look big to me, she is ten months.

• Katrina December 9, 2008 at 5:52 pm

She IS a big girl. I’m glad she survived. God is good.

• tanja December 9, 2008 at 5:41 pm

she´s too cute….very incredible story…good for the girl to survive….sorry for the donatin family to lose their child…but at least…the death of their baby helped to save the life of another one

• Naija Gal December 9, 2008 at 5:38 pm