SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

HALLE BERRY: I NEVER KNEW LOVE LIKE I KNOW NOW

Actress Halle Berry is gracing the latest cover of Essence magazine. In the March 2009 issue, Halle opens up about her love for her daughter Nahla(almost 11 months old), as well as for Nahla’s dad, Gabriel Aubry.

On dating a White man:
“I tried Black men. I tried,” she wails in a mock southern accent. “I married two Black men. You know I tried.” She laughs again before making clear that “I don’t hold all Black males responsible because of the two bad eggs I got. I even dated Black men after my last divorce, but this is just where I found love.”

On her longevity in Hollywood:
“Setbacks energize me. They make me realize that I have more work to do.”

On being a mom:
“I thought I knew love before, but I never knew anything like this.”

On going bald for a role:
“I am shaving it off,” she says. “I know. Here comes the controversy, but I have to do it for the role and it will grow back—I hope.”

On leaving a legacy for her daughter:”I don’t want my daughter to look back at my work and think, ‘Mom sold out.’ I want to leave a legacy that she can be proud of.”

Source

Tags : Posted in : Uncategorized

17 Comments to “HALLE BERRY: I NEVER KNEW LOVE LIKE I KNOW NOW”

• Anissa March 4, 2009 at 7:17 pm

to all the comments saying that “she doesn’t have to explain herself on dating a white man , her mom is white and her father black”
    y’ all seem to hint that if this was about a black woman (not biracial) it would be even more…well let’s say unacceptable.

• Mocha February 21, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Who cares? Halle has been saying she “finally found love” for the past 10 years (& 2 or 3 men?)

• Nelle February 12, 2009 at 11:55 am

I totally understand why Halle feels like to she needs to keep explaining her love interest. I am in an interracial relationship with a WONDERFUL, AMAZING man. I was looking for love with a man, who happens to be white and I thank God for him everyday. However, I receive the horrible remarks and scrutiny from my own people. When we walk down the street, from family members, etc. It really upsets me that we continue to hate racism towards us, but do it to other people without getting to know them. I always read about love in the bible and I never see anything about it being a color.

• Shay February 11, 2009 at 5:51 pm

As long as she is happy then I am happy for her. Everybody wants to have a genuine, sincere and loving partner. Real love is real love, doesn’t matter what race its coming from.

• Poet February 11, 2009 at 10:19 am

The interview is in Essence so they probably asked her about dating black men. Anyway I think Halle deserves all the happiness in the world. She has been through a lot.

• Katrina February 11, 2009 at 8:51 am

WOW…I’m a regular on Brown Sista as well. Small World.

• Nannette February 11, 2009 at 8:04 am

She’s just talking, but she can date white men if she want to, her Mother is White and her Father is black,
    Whatever Halle, I don’t think she wanted a black men from the start,and she contributed to the break up of those marriages, it’s not the men fault all the time.

• Nikki February 10, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Whatever Halle, lol, this is the same broken record. Now that a child is involved hopefully everything turns out right. We don’t need Halle part two in her daughter.

• letinstar February 10, 2009 at 10:57 pm

i’m happy halle has found happiness…she should not have to explain why she’s with gabriel…no one asks tiger woods (for example) why he married his wife…

• Blue February 10, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Was the comment about Gabriel an apology or a joke? Either way it wasn’t needed IMO. You fall in love with someone based on their character not skin color. If someone has a problem with that it has nothing to do with you.

I do wonder one thing though, Halle was raised as a black woman (her words not mine), will she raise Nahla the same way?

Amy I agree about the short hair. It made Halle fierce!

• Not Buying It February 10, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Hey Get Togetha, this is Sho Ya Right (from Brownsista). Anywho, I second an earlier comment re: Hally being fabulous regardless and not having to explain who she falls in love with. We love you Halle!!

• One Love February 10, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I’m so sick of folks getting mad about halle dating a white man..why do people act as if biracial people are not um……mix

• just saying February 10, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Every time halle open her mouth about her men she loses them.

• LME February 10, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Totally agree with Shawna, why’s she explaining herself. I’m just happy for her that she’s so happy.

• Get Togetha February 10, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Halle looks good. And she’s right…there’s no love like that of being a Mom. I’m saying that and I’m not even a Mom.

• Shawna February 10, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Halle doesn’t have to explain herself on why she is dating a white man and she looks great no matter what hairstyle she is rocking

• Kay February 10, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Amy you may get your wish. Since she’s cutting her hair for “Nappily Ever After”.