TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

EASTER FUN WITH THE FIRST FAMILY

firstfameaster4

President Barack Obama and his family celebrated Easter a day later(today April 13th) during the annual White House Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House on April 13, 2009.  The first family had loads of fun reading to a group of children, participating in an egg toss and so much more.

firstfameaster

The annual “White House Easter Egg Roll” dates back to 1878 and is named for races where children push colored eggs across the grass using wooden spoons.

firstfameaster6

Malia,10, and Sasha,7, even read to the children. See tons more pictures of the entire family now!

GettyImages

Tags : Posted in : Barack Obama

18 Comments to “EASTER FUN WITH THE FIRST FAMILY”

• Blue April 15, 2009 at 5:30 am

I don’t understand why you think it’s unfortuante that children grow up with step parents and half silings. Jesus grew up with both!

Parents die and the living parent gets married. Nothing wrong with that and I don’t think that God intended it to be any different.

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) April 14, 2009 at 10:30 pm

It looks like it was full of fun and exciting.

• tropicanna April 14, 2009 at 10:16 pm

speachless just awesome

• tropicanna April 14, 2009 at 10:15 pm

speachless awsome God bless em all awww

• MixtryMama April 14, 2009 at 1:51 pm

This shows the world that a happy African & American family can exist. This is how myself all the girls in my family grew up, with both of our parents, happily married, no step or half siblings, just our own happy family. Unfortunately, not very many children in this country get to experience a family the way it was originally intended to be.

• Katrina April 14, 2009 at 8:01 am

What a beautiful sight to see. God bless our first family!

• Lynn April 14, 2009 at 7:59 am

My comment harmonizes with the rest of the entries….The Obamas are bring back the family realm. I absolutely and smitten by all four (five…sorry Mama Michelle) of them. They breathe value and moral character into today’s society. I love them!!!!!!

• Nita April 14, 2009 at 7:35 am

Great pics. Malia is going to tower over her mother. She’s almost as tall as Michelle now and she’s only 10! I love seeing pictures of the First Family because their love is evident and so for real.

• Tanya April 14, 2009 at 12:14 am

I’m so proud whenever I see our first family!!!

• KEEYSHA.J April 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm

CUTE PIC GIRLS ;)

• Maryamb April 13, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I love this family. They are truly a family. Gotta love it. Where is not buying it and the rest of the gang? NBI I miss your snappy retorts. All of my other compadres I miss the camaraderie where are you guys.

• ModelChic April 13, 2009 at 8:28 pm

America’s favorite girls :) What’s not to love about these two?
    The Obamas are certainly redefining the definition of family! African American Nuclear families are not an impossibility!

• nikki April 13, 2009 at 7:47 pm

ONe of my kids in my class was their and I cant wait till he tell us about it. I mean he only 4 but that something you want forget. one of the father of two of the kids is Obama secret service they not in my class but i know they were also at the egg hunt.

• Jae April 13, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Beautiful pictures!!!!

• shesh1nes April 13, 2009 at 6:04 pm

I LOVE THE OBAMAS!!! LOVE!!!

but i would like to see the president in a lil bit of color. whenever he does the casusal thing he always wears black. i would love to see him in a new color…royal blue or something…fantasies i guess.

• Blue April 13, 2009 at 5:57 pm

love them!

• Teri April 13, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I just can’t say how impressed I am with our prez and First Family. They are so hands-on and get involved. They brought life back into the WH.

• Janelle April 13, 2009 at 5:20 pm

How cute that the girls are helping other kids. This whole family looks so gorgeous and happy!