MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

MALAWI GRANTS MADONNA AN APPEAL(Poll inside)

madonnamercy

On May 4, 2009, Madonna will get a chance to appeal the ruling that denied her permission to adopt 4-year-old Mercy Chifundo James. Madonna’s Malawian lawyer, Alan Chinula, said he is hopeful that the appeal will work in Madonna’s favor.

“We believe the lower court judge erred by basing her judgment on an archaic law of over 50 years ago,” Chinula said.

This month Malawi’s High Court ruled that Madonna could not adopt Mercy since the singer has not lived in the southern African nation for the last 18 months, as Malawi’s adoption law requires. Back in 2006, Madonna was able to adopt her three-year-old son David because the residency rule was waived.

Madonna recently told a newspaper in Malawi that she wants to provide Mercy with a “loving environment.”

“I want to provide Mercy with a home, a loving family environment and the best education and health care possible,” Madonna said in an e-mail to The Nation, a Malawian newspaper. “And it’s my hope that she, like David, will one day return to Malawi and help the people of their country.”

[poll id="10"]

Source

Tags : Posted in : Madonna

11 Comments to “MALAWI GRANTS MADONNA AN APPEAL(Poll inside)”

• Yeah, I Said It! April 25, 2009 at 8:36 pm

I don’t think she is cut out to be a mother at this point! Too many things going on in her life right now, and I strongly feel that this is just a publicity stunt to compete with Angelina. I really don’t think she is a role model and if she wanted that little boy bad enough, then she would have abided and respected his country’s rules in the first place regarding the requirements for his adoption. I say hands down “No.”

• hope April 27, 2009 at 8:55 am

I wish it was one of your family suffering in Africa.. i wonder if then u would have so much to say..

• NikNak April 24, 2009 at 1:31 am

@carnie, so you are of the opinion that someone having the money equates to how many children she should parent?

You don’t know Madonna, you don’t know one thing about her parenting skills. Yet, you are so pro-Madonna.

There are a lot worse things in life than growing up poor. I don’t pray to money. Money doesn’t tell me how to be a good person. Money doesn’t teach me moral values. Money doesn’t teach me how to love my children.

I don’t know the laws over there, or if they are fair or not. But I do know I don’t feel right that just because someone is rich they believe they can just come into a country and break the law, just because they have the right money.

I’m disappointed that people 1) believe that some people are more worthy parents simply because of their financial status and 2) a whole country should just bend to the will of ONE person simply because of their financial status

• hope April 27, 2009 at 8:51 am

Congratulations to Madonna, shame on u NikNak if you think that money will not improve the childs life.. u need to go to Africa and see the suffering children are faced with every day and yes money would make a huge difference… Madonna has a heart of gold…

• Tmaria April 24, 2009 at 1:13 am

I feel like she should be able to adopt this child especially after reading about the life expectancy and situation over there.It’s hard for me to even think that in five or ten years this child may end up dying of AIDS or being killed because of the intense violence over there.Every child deserves a chance at life even if we don’t agree or don’t like the person willing to give that child that chance.And hopefully this child will go back to her country one day and make a difference in their lives because someone was given the opportunity to make a difference in hers.

• LaKesha April 23, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Congrats to Madonna, and shame on “sha” for calling this child a handbag!

• Blue April 23, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Camie, in my honest opinion, the child being from Africa has nothing to do with anything. Angelina didn’t follow the rules when she adopted Pax and people were just as upset.

I have never heard any stories of the system being bent for white children…care to share any stories?

• camie April 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Amazing! how double standard ppl can be. I think ppl r getting so worked up because she is adopting an African child! when ppl adopt white kids NO ONE disagrees even if they bend the system (which they do!) however why when a celeb adopts a black child it causes mayhem! why , why why? IF madonna wants to adopt 10 African children (n she has the money) then i say go ahead!!! As long as she brings them up to not forget where their from.

• Blue April 23, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I have a feeling that she will win her appeal.

• sha April 23, 2009 at 2:57 pm

DO NOT GIVE THIS WOMAN HER NEW HANDBAG
    RULES NEED TO BE THE SAME FOR HER IF SHE WANTS HER BAG SO BAD FOLLOW THE RULES AND LIVE THERE

you should post the story from her chef I think it was were he was saying she hardly spends time with her kids because she is worried about herself and the day she brought david home she was out that same night

• hope April 27, 2009 at 9:02 am

Shame on u.. Luckily we have kind people in the world like Madonna.. what r u saying that mothers should be with their children 24/7. im certain that all Madonna children are well cared for and would not be left otherwise… stop hating..