ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG MOVIE TRAILER AND POSTER

princess-the-frog_teaser-poster_99089crop-2

Pictured is the poster to Disney’s The Princess and the Frog, which will feature the first African-American princess. Here is a summation of the movie:

“A musical set in the legendary birthplace of jazz — New Orleans — The Princess and the Frog will introduce the newest Disney princess, Tiana (voiced by Anika Noni Rose), a young African-American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana’s mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn.”

In addition to Anika Noni Rose (as Princess Tiana), the movie will also feature the voices of Oprah Winfrey, Keith David, Jim Cummings, John Goodman, Jenifer Lewis, Bruno Campos, Michael-Leon Wooley, Peter Bartlett and Terrence Howard. The film will debut in theaters in New York and LA on November 25th before expanding wide on December 11th.

Picture Source

21 Comments to “THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG MOVIE TRAILER AND POSTER”

• GrinsandGiggles February 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I think it’s great that they are making princesses and characters of different races and cultures regardless of what they are or where they are from. Disney does need to do some updating and start making movies that are more with the current times. I don’t think that they should have changed the prince’s race/nationality. I’m sure they plan to make more characters of all types in relationships, so it shouldn’t matter. It just goes to show you that people are still holding onto way too much of the preferences etc. I don’t know whether these characters may have been based on a real relationship as far as one that the creators knew personally or it even could have just been a couple that they saw walking down the street together. It even could’ve been someone’s kids. I’ve heard of people making stories such as that to show the child characters like them which they can identify with. They should make movies with relationships that reflect all of the variety which you see around the world today, and actually show that there are loving relationships of all kinds regardless of the two people’s backgrounds. Hopefully, this whole experience hasn’t turned Disney away from trying to make more movies with these characters or any varieties of races in the future. It took way too long for this movie to come to the public. I’m glad that it did, however. I like that they went back to the more original way of making these, and I like the idea of them having the characters to sing and not getting a bunch of famous singers such as pop stars to weigh the movies down. I think most of the best singing in the movies are done by the same people who voice the characters. My daughter loves this movie, and I hope they make more with these characters as well as others.

• simms May 21, 2009 at 6:40 am

O please don’t tell me the only Black Disney Princess turns in to a frog and remains so for the majority of the movie, halfway in your gonna forget she is black anyway. Is it really just the thought that counts?

I mean, the only other princess I can think of that mutated into an animal turned into a swan (The Swan Princess). Swan vs frog? I think that comparision says enough…

Am i just nit picking?

On another note I was so happy about this when I first heard about it – took them long enough – but now I just need to find a kid to take with me lol. I should take a white kid… (prob so many that arn’t gonna see the movie – I can make a difference lol).

• Chris May 14, 2009 at 6:42 am

It’s high time. I plan to take my grandchildren to see this!

• K.D. May 12, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Oh WOW!! I can’t wait until this comes out!! I am so excited to see my daughter reaction. The trailer looks good!

• Angel May 12, 2009 at 12:41 pm

I cant wait to take my daughter and nieces to see this one. We will go on opening weekend.

• Suitepuma May 12, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Oh-My-Gawd!

I feel like a little girl again! So magical and not only that, it’s in New Orleans! Oh HECK yes!

I REALLY hope they do the music justice, I mean this IS New Orleans

• Naija Gal May 12, 2009 at 12:01 pm

lol, I’m in my 20′s and will be watching it!!

(I’ll just bring my 6 year old brother too so I won’t look so pathetic, lol)

I wonder how many more different ideas/movies would have been if they released this in the 80′s when I was coming up. I wonder how many more “ethnic” characters produced…and the Lion King does not count, lol.

• Jessica May 12, 2009 at 11:43 am

@ MixxTX85

The original prince was going to be white Prince named Henry. But they changed it and now ‘Prince Naveen’ is going to be from the fictional country Maldonia. So in actuality he’s probably Indian not Black.

• MissTX85 May 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm

That’s what I’m saying. Why can’t he be Black? Disney already gave us an Indian prince, Aladdin and then of course the White Prince’s. So again, why not a Black one?

• simms May 21, 2009 at 7:06 am

Sounded like an Hispanic accent a bit there to me… – Aladdin wasn’t Indian – maybe Arab?
      They did have little Mowgli though – man I loved that movie.

Maybe they did a Hispanic prince because she is Creole – or it is at least set in Creole culture, i guess they though non-specific Hispanic would suffice?

Anyways, they prob figured they had to do the black thing soon, they were runnung out of races to do instead:

Snow White, Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Swan Princess etc… All white

Jasmine/Aladdin- Arab (had the whole series)
      Milan-Oriental/Asian
      Mowgli-Indian
      Pocahontas – Native American
      Not to mention the animal kingdom like Simba and Bambi (gosh I looovved that one too)…. and even Arial was white and she is a mermaid!

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 12, 2009 at 11:39 am

It’s seems like a cute movie. =D

• MissTX85 May 12, 2009 at 10:15 am

I too am glad little Black girls all over the world will have their own Princess, but I still have one problem with the movie. If they’re going to give us a Black princess, why can’t we get a Black prince too? What’s so wrong with that? Disney could have made this the first Black princess and prince movie. That way it would have been even. Unless they’re going to make another movie with a White princess and she falls for a Black prince. But that’s HIGHLY UNLIKEY right?

• Naija Gal May 12, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Good point!

Black prince with a white princess…yeah, very unlikely!! But you never know what the near future may hold. There was a point in time when a BLACK princess was “unlikely”…and look what we have here!

• InnocentCorruption203 May 12, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I’m a little confused why does the black princess need a black prince? I think this one is over my head. My mother always told me to bring home someone who makes me happy, has a job, and doesn’t hit me……………….

• InnocentCorruption203 May 12, 2009 at 1:29 pm

OK I’M NOT SAYING IN ANY WAY THAT BLACK MEN IN GENERAL DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS, I’m just saying I was always told that as long as he meets those requiremnets who cares if hes short, blind, and ashy! LOL

• Bellazon May 13, 2009 at 4:22 am

@Innocent corrupttion

I agree with you to some extent i don’t belive it’s vital that the cartoon black princess has to have a black prince. It would nice, if she did but it’s still nice even though she doesn’t. I’m just happy that they are giving us the magic that is hand drawn animation rather then the souless CG movies they been churning out.

Watching trailer made feel like I was little again when every year disney brought out hit after hit. The little mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin and The Lion king.

I hope this film will join their golden ranks.

• Lisette May 12, 2009 at 7:49 am

I hope everyone goes to see this movie when it comes out!

• hanaboo May 12, 2009 at 6:09 am

i’m looking forward to this one… can’t wait, and yea the trailer does look good, but why we gotta wait so long……….. november.. lol

• Bellazon May 12, 2009 at 5:03 am

I cant wait for this its gonna be good!

• Dree May 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm

I agree I’m on bored with this, the trailer looks good.

• machelle May 11, 2009 at 6:57 pm

finally! i’m happy for princess tiana’s debut. now the lil black girls have a disney princess the can identify with. also, being a disney passholder, it would be nice to see some of the lil girls walking around with princess tiana costumes on.