OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

IT’S A GIRL FOR CANDACE PARKER AND SHELDEN WILLIAMS!

candacesheldenIt’s a girl for Los Angeles Sparks star Candace Parker and husband Shelden Williams of the Minnesota Timberwolves.  The couple welcomed a baby girl on Wednesday weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 inches long reports Goodwin Sports Management .

This is the first child for the WNBA player and her husband.

“Shelden and I are thrilled,” Parker said in a statement released today. “This is such a life changing moment for us, we feel blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby girl.”

Candace and Shelden have not yet released the baby’s name but BCK reader “Sam” exclusively tells Blackcelebkids.com that the baby’s name is Lailaa Nicole Williams.

Tags : Posted in : Births

15 Comments to “IT’S A GIRL FOR CANDACE PARKER AND SHELDEN WILLIAMS!”

• purepassion4thagame32@yahoo.com June 16, 2009 at 8:15 am

I will never forget how rude she was with me that night I met her at the reliant arena before the comets were banned. I’m only 14 6’3 and as sh efirst dunked at my age, I can dunk too, so I really looked up to her. But after how rude she was with me that night I really didnt appreciate. My favorite player now is Candace Dupree. But Congrajulations for Laila. I’m really still proud of you all and lauren lockwood da future 2029 & 2032 # 1 WNBA or NBA Draft Picks. :)

• Big Blue May 14, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I saw Candace dunk in my hometown. She is the type of person who accomplished so much at a very young age. I should have known she would have a baby shortly after she joined the WNBA. She will come back as strong as Lisa Leslie.

• tight2def May 14, 2009 at 11:47 am

she’s gonna be a tall girl. congrats.

• Naija Gal May 14, 2009 at 1:23 pm

lol, okay!!

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 14, 2009 at 11:30 am

Seems like baby will be tall. Congrats to them… =D

• Monique May 14, 2009 at 11:25 am

awwww congrats dat childs gna be taaaaaall

• ISY May 14, 2009 at 11:17 am

Congrats to her and her family. She was so sweet when I met her.

My news reported the baby’s name being spelt Leila, not Laila. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. LOL

• Teri May 14, 2009 at 10:38 am

That is a beautiful name. Congrats to Candace and Shelden. I’m sure she’s a lovely little girl.

• Mel May 14, 2009 at 10:32 am

Love her. Had a chance to meet her once in Toronto (her brother Anthony Parker plays for the Toronto Raptors)really nice girl, very humble.

• InnocentCorruption203 May 14, 2009 at 6:03 am

Congrats to them!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see a picture of the baby.

• Smoothdime May 14, 2009 at 2:42 am

I can’t wait to see pics of the baby. Congratulations to you both! :)

• MrsUmar May 14, 2009 at 2:09 am

I just gave birth this past friday…babies are truly a gift from God. Congratulations!!!!!

• Teri May 14, 2009 at 10:39 am

Yes, they are truly a gift from God. Congrats on your new baby as well.

• Joy May 14, 2009 at 1:51 am

Ahhh congrats to them.

I love the name!

• LME May 13, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Yay, congrats to them..Laila is such a pretty name.