ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

WANDA SYKES AND WIFE WELCOME TWINS

wandaComedian Wanda Sykes and her wife, Alex,  are now the parents of a twin boy and girl, born on April 27th, 2009.

As reported by People.com:

Daughter Olivia Lou weighed in at 6 lbs., 7 oz., and was 19-inches long. Son Lucas Claude debuted at 7 lbs., 9 oz., and was 20-inches long. The comedian’s wife gave birth to the babies.

“All are happy and healthy and at home,” says Sykes’s rep Danica Smith.

The actress, who stars on New Adventures of Old Christine, and her wife were married on Oct. 25, 2008. The twins are the first children for the couple.

Tags : Posted in : Births

66 Comments to “WANDA SYKES AND WIFE WELCOME TWINS”

• Issac Maez December 12, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I simply want to say I am just all new to blogging and truly loved your website. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have beneficial writings. Thanks a bunch for revealing your web-site.

• iPhone Szervíz November 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Read was interesting, stay in touch…

[...]please visit the sites we follow, including this one, as it represents our picks from the web[...]…

• Beat the Bookstore October 27, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Useful and precise……

[...]Its difficult to find really informative and precise info but here I noted…[...]…

• jeu roulette gratui June 29, 2011 at 3:12 am

whigs sannerson audiometer stabiliser radicalism krim gustoavo flicker Jean-Yves

• Minnie Abdulmateen June 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Hey would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

• Pisces August 15, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I also don’t care much for Wanda Sykes on many levels.

• TLChild May 17, 2009 at 4:07 am

I do not agree with homosexuality. I think that homosexuals are selfish. Whether you believe in God creating the world or Evolution, IT IS NOT NORMAL. If the first two people were of the same sex, none of us would be here. Therefore, homosexuality means selfishness. All I have to say is, if people do not believe that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of the people’s wickedness and sexual perversions, keep living. Do not believe in this Global Warming mess, it is God punishing the world. After the ruling in California for same sex marriages, before the majority of the people voted against it, there were more fires in one week. What I love about time is that the truth will be revealed. As a matter of fact, the Bible says that before Jesus’ return, it will be like the days of Noah and Lot and the weather will be weird. Yes, I know that there have always been tornados, storms, hurricanes, and so forth but not in great numbers as they are now. I do believe that children should be in a loving home, but I think that a loving home is one that puts God’s laws first and not flesh. It is like someone preparing tasty-greasy foods for me right now and giving me sweets and treats that are delicious, but the end results will give me a heart attack, cancer, and any other type of ailments, which is not good. That is the way children’s life will be if they are raised in a home that goes against God’s principles. At the beginning it is loving, but if they follow down the same road, HELL is at the end. FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT COMMENTING BASED ON ANYONE’S OPINION; THESE OPINIONS ARE MINES, AND I SPEAKING BASED ON THE INFORMATION OF WANDA SYKES AND HER WIFE. I AM NOT TRYING TO HAVE A DEBATE!

• Dee May 16, 2009 at 11:07 am

I can only speak for my situation I am dating/living with a woman that has a 5 year old son. His dad is in the picture but all he feels he needs to do is pay child support. He also has another son by a different woman and they are a few months apart. He doesnt spend time with his sons maybe once every 2-3 months. The dude didnt buy his son nothing for christmas. Since he is dating a woman that doesnt have any kids (im told over 6 years) Im just thinking he really doesnt want to be bothered with kids. But bottom line he helped make them and I would love for him to be more involved in his sons life. My girlfriend looks at me to fill the dads void all the time and I dont like that. Yes I am there for him but he isnt my responsibility. So how can the sons still learn from the dad when he chooses to not be involved? Noone stops him from seeing his son and sometimes we would like a break on a weekend where he goes with his dad. I work two jobs and his mom is a nurse and we dont get alot of time to spend with her son. Yet when we do have days off we spend time with him. Yet the dad doesnt offer to help and babysit so he spends alot of time in daycare. So my question to america is what is the point of having a father in the picture when he obviously really doesnt want to be. He doesnt go to his dad and ask him to buy stuff, or ask to take him places because he doesnt want to be let down. But best believe the dad is quick to tell his son how he bought a new xbox or game or a pitbull like those are what is important and I have to see the disappointment on his face . And the father is 27 so he isnt that young. But I dont bad mouth the dad and he still loves his dad and is happy to see him when he does. Its just sad how a MAN can have a kid look like a spitting image of him and not even want to be involved with his son as he should .

• Brian Jones May 14, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Wowwww I didnt know that she was a lesbo too but thats not the point congrats on twins Wanda!!!!

• cb May 14, 2009 at 3:34 pm

I was watching 60 Minutes a few years ago….

A little girl was to be adopted by a same sex couple. The girls biological mother was strung out on drugs and the biological father was serving a life in prison term. The couple moved forward with the adoption as they continued developing a loving bond with the child. She was their pride and joy. When the girl’s biological family found out that the girl was living with two women, they petitioned the courts and were granted custody. After bonding with her new parents, the girl was ripped apart from her new family. The girl screamed and cried as she was removed from her new home. Two days later, in the custody of her biological family, the little girl was murdered by a family member.

Maybe if everyone would have looked past their own hangups and prejudice and saw what was in the best interest of this child…maybe she would be Alive today!

My two cents

• Mel May 14, 2009 at 2:51 pm

I wish everyone the best..which is Jesus in their life.
    More and more, I see the US becoming a dictatorship that you’re not allowed to disagree with homosexuality, or say that we stray further and further from the will of God when we have children out of wedlock or don’t realize that sex is meant as an expression between wife and husband.

In a couple years there will probably be some anti-discrimination law that forbids me from saying any of that. But for now, I truly wish them the best.

• lala May 14, 2009 at 2:25 pm

This is wrong and nasty thats not cute nor should they be allowed to have kids in their home. Why are they married?! I feel horrible for the kids growing up with TWO MOMS!

• prettyfro May 14, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I know plenty of heterosexual couples who should never have been allowed to procreate. And we’ve all seen too many tragic instances of some woman’s stupid boyfriend or husband killing or abusing her children. Children deserve to be loved by stable, mentally sound adults. Period.

Should people be banned from adopting or raising children because they are homosexual? How would you like to be the one to explain that to a child who only wants to be loved by someone? Anyone. Love knows no bounds. We’re the ones who impose our silly insecurities on others.

• Suitepuma May 14, 2009 at 1:49 pm

It is disturbing to me that lately people have been congratulating homosexuals for living and raising children in sin… it’s ridiculous

It’s a shame what America is turning in to

…1 step forward and 2 steps backwards, right

• Just Saying.... May 14, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Those are not Wanda Sykes biological kids..
    The article says that her “wife” gave birth which to me implies that the “wife” is the biological mother.
    We all know that women can not produce sperm to inseminate another woman, therefore like I said, Those kids don’t even belong to Wanda Sykes.
    Should this relationship fail, those kids will remain with the only mother that they biologically have, that being the woman who birthed them.
    And no I dont agree with homosexualality.
    This is not how God intended for people to be.
    It says so in His holy word, the bible.
    He also didnt intend for made up families where the kids are being riased by so called wife/wife or husband/husband “family units”
    I’m not judging…I’m just sayin”….

• Merrill May 14, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Only God can judge, so sit your down

• Blue May 14, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Well actually he said nothing about them having babies (they are married after all) lol. Ok sorry, you guys are at each others throats and I’m trying to lighten the mood.

• Naija Gal May 14, 2009 at 12:54 pm

WOW!

After reading the posts, I have come to agree and disagree with some statements. A child raised in a same-sex household doesn’t mean that they will turn out “bad”. It all depends on the values they were raised with and their enviornment.

Now, I do agree with LaCresha…

Living in a same-sex household does have its downfalls. Women can NEVER fill a man’s duties and men can NEVER fill a woman’s duties towards their children. That is why God created Man and Woman. It takes ONE person from BOTH sexes to truely raise a child and to fulfill the needs that that child will need.

Just like LaCresha said, she grew up missing out on FATHERLY ADVICE, and at times felt like an outcast, though both women were very loving, it didn’t seem right.

Anyway, I’m not here to bash but to simply say that though there is love, there will be some missing key elements in a same-sex household.

• Naija Gal May 14, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Also…for those who question the Word…

Nature itself proves it to be true. Animals pair up (male and female) and raise their young. Even if the male is not directly there, there is always a male influence i.e. A lion and its pride or if a female is not directly there, there is a female influence i.e. Emporer Penguin

• NikNak May 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Nature also shows that there is homosexuality in other species (many other species). And, many animals do not “pair” up. The preying mantis bites the males head off right after they mate while they are copulating. There will be no male in those offsprings lives.

Don’t let Disney fool you, just becomes humans do it, does not mean other animals do it.

• Naija Gal May 14, 2009 at 3:46 pm

True but you’re missing the point.

When it comes to creating/caring for a family, a male and female is needed. And if you really want to get specific, I was referring to mammals, reptiles, etc. animals that express feeling and genuinely care for their offspring. No matter what, you will see a male and a female. Simple as pie.

• Kayana May 14, 2009 at 1:32 pm

^Just like there is in single parent households

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 14, 2009 at 11:32 am

Awwww yay! That’s the way to go when ya have twins. LOL Boy and Girl and then ya could be done,that is if you only wanted two. Congrats to her and her wife.

• Monique May 14, 2009 at 11:27 am

yancy
    ME 2

• Monique May 14, 2009 at 11:26 am

OMG

• 1coolazzchic May 14, 2009 at 11:11 am

children need love and security. how can someone bash two loving people for having children together, and loving and bringing them up together, when “straight” people have kids they dont want and mess them up emotionally and physically all the time? who are we to decide?

• Teri May 14, 2009 at 10:46 am

Why is it that people get their panties in bunch when someone knocks homosexuality. There are some that agree with the lifestyle (such as most of those posting here) and some that don’t. It’s a matter of OPINION and people should not be afraid to voice their even if it goes against the politically grain other people have fed into. Some kids raised in a same sex home DO NOT come out right and maybe some do, just like those raised in a two parent (or in this day and age) single parent home come out good or bad, so let’s stop the madness, shall we?

Yes, yes, babies are a blessing, blah, blah, blah.

• Questioner May 14, 2009 at 11:31 am

Teri I read in this last post that you write off the babies are a blessing as blah blah blah yet in the Candace Parker and Sheldon Williams announcement you send congrats and do state that her baby is a blessing..that seems a bit wishy-washy to me..unless that was not you who posted that. But a baby should be a blessing regardless of the parents relationship.

• Champagne May 14, 2009 at 9:21 am

CONGRATS TO WANDA AND HER WIFE! I THINK THAT ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT SAME SEX COUPLES ON HER MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. WHO ARE U TO SAY THAT RAISING KIDS IN A SAME SEX HOME WILL MAKE THEM TURN OUT BAD. I WOULD RATHER HAVE PARENTS OF THE SAME SEX RAISING CHILDREN WITH LOVE THAN TO HAVE A CHILD IN THE HOME WITH A MAN AND WOMEN WHERE THEY GET PAID NO ATTENTION TO. NO, THER ARE NOT MANY PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH SAME SEX COUPLES HAVING KIDS, BUT THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT THEN HETERO’S. I LOVE WANDA AND HER CRAZY SELF–GO AHEAD AND DO YOUR THING.

• Jae May 14, 2009 at 7:35 am

Congrats to Wanda & her wife!!
    Looking forward to seeing Olivia & Lucas.. love the names!

• Kiki May 14, 2009 at 7:34 am

Has anyone ever seen a picture of her wife?

• Innocent Corruption May 14, 2009 at 5:54 am

I just want to see a picture of the babies LOL

• Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 3:40 am

Mom Blogs – Blogs for Moms…

• ivory May 14, 2009 at 3:02 am

congrats i love wanda crazy [self]

• Cynthia May 13, 2009 at 11:43 pm

awww, congrats to them!

• yancy May 13, 2009 at 9:22 pm

I don’t agree with this at all and I am not happy for the couple I am sad for the kids

• Kemba May 13, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Don’t be sad for a two parent household where these children will have an opportunity to live and thrive. Be sad for these teenagers having children with no income, mooching off their parents to ensure that their child can live and milk the system for what its worth.

Wanda and her wife are an example of what America is about — letting people live to raise their families, work at a job they love and ensure that they respect the space and rights of others.

• tpink May 13, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Thank god for someone who is not scared to voice their opinions, everyone has their right to voice their opinions just because u don’t agree w. their comments doesn’t mean they’re wrong that’s where censoring and persons freedom of speech and that’s wrong. Klansmen march in the street y? because itz their right, most people don’t agree w/ that but their right. Everyone has a right to voice what they believe, and soon we will a dictatorship where we will be told what to believe and how to think which is very scary.

• Dree May 13, 2009 at 10:25 pm

well to be honest i don’t think they care if you agree or not

• MrsUmar May 14, 2009 at 1:16 am

Dree I couldn’t have said it better myself. I just gave birth 6 days ago and no matter how you look at it children are a blessing. Congrats to Wanda and her wife…

• Lexie May 14, 2009 at 1:08 am

I agree. Congrats For healthy kids. but this isnt a good thing. I think ITS A HUGE DIFFERENCE FOR KIDS that are brought up in a regular family then the same sex. Is Raising a Child to believe that its ohkay to marry the same sex ohkay? thats the type of influence. These kids WILL get teased. Thats the type of things that drives kids into suicides and other unlikely things. Just the same as those 2 young boys being called homos. NO DIFFERENCE. Its not right. and people should understand if they wanted to have kids. they should have had them with men raised them in a house with a man and women or just single parented. SORRY IF MY OPINION IS LIKED. BUT ONCE AGAIN IT IS MY OPINION AND WILL NOT CHANGE.

• champagne November 13, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Sorry to differ with you but Most Black men do not stay with the woman and kids. How many two parent Black homes do you know of—not many I bet. so if these babies are raised in a two parent home with two people who love them leave them alone!!!!

• Kaynana May 14, 2009 at 2:05 am

And I am sad you feel that way.You may want to look up how kids who were raised by same sex couples turned out .After you do you will see they turn out just fine.

• Lexie May 15, 2009 at 12:57 pm

dont be sad at my opinion. –thats sound personal for you// cause im holding my own. THEIR IS A REASON FOR A MOTHER//FATHER. A BIG REASON. these kids are gonna miss out on a lot. damn read the girls statement a few lines under our comments. I still believe that its wrong.

And @ KANDEEZi.–YOU NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND GROW UP. REALLY !

• Teri May 14, 2009 at 10:41 am

And you have every right not to agree with it. Don’t let the politically correct police bully you into it either.

• Kaynana May 14, 2009 at 12:20 pm

What are talking about no one is bullying you or telling you can’t voice your opinion.I was doing exactly what you just said we should be able to do,voice my opinion.

• Teri May 14, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Yes, I understand that, but oftentimes when people take opposing viewpoints, people get on others cases. That’s all I’m saying.

• Ron B. May 29, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Don’t be sorry for the kids. Those kids do not need your pity. Be sorry for a society that cannot[will not] let people live the lives they have chosen for themselves.

• Ron B. May 29, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Don’t be sorry for the kids, they don’t need your pity. Your pity is better excercised on a society that can’t appreciate people just for being who they are without prejudice.

• Cee-lo May 13, 2009 at 9:04 pm

That’s Great, and congratulations! I love her in the movie P**tie Tang!

• mrsmac May 13, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Congratulations to them, twins are a double blessing.

• LaCresha May 13, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I am happy that people are now able to come out instead of being in the closet. Although I wonder do people ever think how it could effect the lives of their children. Sometimes people are selfish and only think of themselves. But I do wish them the best of luck and in hopes that they will do right by the babies, because in the end its all about the children.

• Blue May 13, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Most same sex couples do think about the children before they decide to have or adopt them.

• Ron B. May 29, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Your comment has no merit.

Do you also believe that hetero black couples should not have children without considering that even to this day there are SOME white folks out there that do not like people of color? Furthermore should that fact have any bearing on whether the [hetero] couple decides to have children? Or do you think that apprehension should be applicable only to same sex couples?

• Blue May 13, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Congrats to them! I can’t wait to hear the names :)

• Blue May 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Ok I guess I should have read more than the headline lol. I love the name Olivia!

• NikNak May 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

how exactly is this anymore selfish than a heterosexual couple having children?

I myself am conflicted. I used to think that it wasn’t a good idea to bring a child up in this lifestyle, but then I thought how is this any worse/different than say a child growing up in an atheist home, where no one believes in a high power, or a buddhist home, or a home where the parents are nudists.

In America especially, people lead their lives differently from the way I do. Who am I to intrude on their beliefs, and the way they raise their kids?

I think someone was on here advocating hitting their kids in the face, something I totally do not agree with, and would say it edges if not crosses the line into abuse, yet they are conceiving and raising kids.

No one knows anything for sure about the “right” way to do anything.

• Shaquna May 14, 2009 at 10:32 am

Maybe they r thinking about their kids. They will have two parents that love them and that is all that really matters. There will always be some prejudice person that will make fun of someone. whether it be because you have two moms or your mom is white and dad is black, you cannot live your life based on what others think. Congrats to the happy couple!!!

• Suitepuma May 14, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I can understand why you would question wether or not if they are being selfish when adopting their children…

It IS a selfish act. Just like a single person wanting to raise children by themselves. Just like parents who do crime knowing they might go to jail and have their children taken away… it’s selfish

I’m sure that Wonda and her *wife* will treat the children with TLC and the kids will grow up lots of love and maybe a happy childhood but the children WILL suffer the consequences of their mother’s selfish actions.

I know people who were raised by their homosexual parents and the children who grow up in this household either disagree with it (like u) or grow up with no concept of sexual morality. That’s why it’s dangerous

• Lexie May 15, 2009 at 12:53 pm

WOW GiRL THAT IS SOMETHING. NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH THOSE QUESTIONS/THOUGHTS IN SUCH MANNER. AND IM SURE YOUR PARENTS LOVE YOU WHOLE HEARTDLEY—

• Blue May 14, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Mel, plenty of black pastors (especially Catholics) spoke out against President Oabama (try youtube). They didn’t like his stance on abortion and some said that he wasn’t a Christian like he “claimed.” There was even a big fuss about him not celebrating Christmas in the “traditional” way.

Maybe it was only publicised where I am from?

• Just Saying.... May 14, 2009 at 5:27 pm

No my logic does’nt apply to adoptive family units.
    I’m speaking on the biblical principles in regards to homosexuality.
    I’m not trying to enforce my christian beliefs on anyone.
    I’m just merely stating my thoughts based on fact.
    I dont understand why some people get so upset about people who stand strong and proud about decent morals and values.
    Just because this world says something is “right” doesnt mean that I have to conform or accept it.
    After all, no human being has a heaven or hell for me.
    So I’m just going to say what I mean and mean what I say.
    Be blessed.

• Just Saying.... May 15, 2009 at 8:36 am

To Caratime2
    You can sugarcoat it all that you want,and it’s STILL wrong!
    Homosexuality is not in favor or in accordance to the word of God.
    Again, I’m not judging.
    I’m just going by what the bible say.
    And how can anyone misinterpret The Lord’s commands on homosexuality.
    Anyone who can read can understand the scripture that is written in regards to homosexuality.
    The world may change but God’s holy word never will change.
    It is what it is….

• Kiki May 15, 2009 at 9:34 am

Just saying,
    Then let God be the judge and executioner.

• Just Saying.... May 15, 2009 at 12:34 pm

To KiKi…
    He is and believe me when I say that I’m not trying to be judge, jury or executioner.
    But be that as it may, it STILL doesnt change His HOLY WORD.
    What you or the “accepting” world has to say on this matter does not change biblical fact nor does it change what I believe.
    Why is o.k. for homosexuals to take a stand but it’s never o.k. for people to take a stand for God?
    Never mind, I already know the answer to that…SIN!
    I’ve said all that I have to say on my thoughts about this subject.
    I pray bountiful blessings on those innocent babies as well as the parents who are raising them.
    Every one of us have sin..prayer is the best thing for all, including you and I.
    Have a blessed day.

• SuziPII May 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Thanks Blue! I couldn’t say it better myself! Everyone stop arguing about something you can’t change- each other’s opinions!