ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

MING AND AOKI ARE COVER MODELS

kidsla4

-Ming Lee, 9 and Aoki Lee, 6-

Ming,9, and Aoki,6, along with their mother Kimora Lee Simmons, are featured on the cover of LAKids magazine for their spring issue. In the issue, Kimora talks about her mothering style and how her life is a juggling act.

Read the excerpts below taken from KidsLa magazine:

Kimora’s Mothering Style: Kimora is dedicated and directly involved in her kids’ schools. She regularly volunteers and assists in the classroom and helps with the PTA. Yet she feels she is a disciplined mom, by setting boundaries, schedules, and expectations for her kids, who know she loves them by doing so. Kimora has been taken aback lately since her 6-year-old has declared her “love” for a classmate, a very unexpected experience. But Kimora does look forward to her daughters getting older. She feels that as a parent you give them the love and intelligence they need to handle those peer pressure moments. Kimora is both “crying and hopeful” when thinking about her girls growing up.

Juggling Act:Kimora is a divorced, single-mom who manages to keep a stable, normal family life. She keeps a good relationship with her ex-husband, Russell Simmons, plus her partner, Djimon Hounsou, is a big help and an additional father figure to her kids. They all know that the kids come first, with love and support from all involved, making it all work. The key is balance, and getting lots of help from family and friends, since she only keeps one babysitter handy. Kimora stays hands on with all their activities, such as dance, karate, piano, and tennis. Being a bi-coastal family, she tries not to be away for more than a few nights at a time — she aims not to miss any loose teeth.

Business Hat: Kimora’s kids are very fashion oriented and are a big influence in her business. She is inspired by what they like, and they do tend to be very opinionated, along with their friends. But all the kids make her feel youthful and they give her a fresh approach and attitude.

Mommy Hat:The Simmons household doesn’t watch too much TV, mostly going out to movies. They do like to watch National Geographic, the Learning Channel, travel shows and documentaries. The girls like the Jonas Brothers, which gets Kimora good points with the girls lately since she now has an in with them. They were similarly impressed when she created a Barbie Doll and had a photo taken with Winnie the Pooh. The girls like to read to Kimora, favorite books are from Dr. Seuss, with their subtle lessons, and The Giving Tree. They also like to explore their imagination by writing their own stories and having performances.

Source:KidsLamagazine/Dani Brubaker photography
{Thanks, Blue!)

Tags : Posted in : Kimora Lee SimmonsRussell Simmons

55 Comments to “MING AND AOKI ARE COVER MODELS”

• Simply Beautiful June 17, 2009 at 4:48 am

The girls are just stunning. Anyone would be thrilled to have two gorgeous daughters; like Ming & Aoki.
    Personally I don’t think Ming looks like totally Kimora, people think she is all Kimora, but not at all. She definitely resembles her father’s side. Because she looks just like her cousin Angela Simmons (her father’s niece), just a little lighter, which is understandable, as she is a quarter Asian.
    Aoki definitely resembles her father’s side also; she looks a lot like her father, and also has flashes of her cousin Vanessa Simmons.
    In saying that, both girls are exceptionally beautiful, and definitely their mother has part in their beauty, as they girls have features in which is definitely Kimora. Especially Aoki’s personality.

• Renee May 27, 2009 at 8:27 pm

People are making such a fuss about what the girls are wearing on the cover, but I’ve seen candid pictures of them just chillin at the beach wearing their little tankini’s swimsuit, which btw exposes more skin that what’s being shown on this cover. But I guess since they were at the beach it’s okay right? Regardless if they are on a magazine cover or on the beach, I have never seen these girls exposed in an inappropriate way EVER! People will always have something negative to say about someone else no matter what. I say live and let live…. On a more POSITIVE note. I think these little girls are very beautiful and blessed to be apart of such a attentive and successful family. GOD BLESS!

• KEEYSHA.J May 25, 2009 at 12:38 pm

THEY ARE SOO PRETTY I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEIR NEW BRO.

• krazychika May 21, 2009 at 5:31 pm

cute cute cute, beautiful girls

• aria May 20, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I think the pictures are great and I dont think they expose the girls at all… Nothing is showing or anything. Those are beautiful photos.

• vale May 20, 2009 at 3:53 pm

sooooooooo cute there super models

• SweetDiva May 20, 2009 at 10:52 am

Are we all looking at the same pictures? All I can see of these girls are their beautiful faces, neck, shoulders, and clasped hands.
    The Miley Cyrus photo showed the teenager with mussed, smeared lipstick, clutching a sheet to her chest while her entire back was out. It looked like she just got out of bed.
    The theme of this portrait looks completely different. The comparison is a stretch.

• MrsUmar May 27, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I agree simply beautiful…

• Midnite May 20, 2009 at 10:22 am

@ UGogirl, I know what you are saying, and I respect your comments. I am not saying Kimora would do harm to her children. But you asked a question that I am sure you know the answer to. Why would ANY parent degrade their child to pose in a magazine, Do you live in America, I could go down a list of what Parents do to degrade their children. This little cove of Kimor’s girls is nothing compared to what some MOTHERS WILL LET MEN DO TO THIER DAUGHTERS. I don’t think the Kimora I see on TV would allow ANYONE to degrade her daughters. But I still do not agree with the sheets. Does not make it right or wrong. I just don’t like it. Good to see we can agree to disagree, some people need to take note on other sites how to have communication with people even if you don’t agree with them.

• simms May 21, 2009 at 1:37 am

I concur! Only with the last sentence that is… lol

• simms May 21, 2009 at 1:42 am

… O gosh – I mean I agree with everything else, except the ‘sexualisation of Ming and Aoki’. I think it was just meant to tie into their theme of the ‘Green Issue”, being natural, organic and what not.

• Kiki May 20, 2009 at 9:27 am

UGOGIRL,
    Kimora was NEVER a supermodel! She simply modeled.

• hanaboo May 20, 2009 at 9:08 am

i’m sure i can even see a white top on aoki underneath… i dunno,
    also if u read whats on the cover, that issue of the magazine is about mother earth, fashion reinvented, the green issue…. i think they are posing as little woodland fairies/sprites or something(just look at whats on aokis head), they do not look sexy, i think its wrong for kids to look sexy but they don’t. i think they look innocently beautiful i like this pic, and ming looks more and more like kimora everytime i see her and aoki more like russell

• vale May 20, 2009 at 9:03 am

sooooooooo cute

• ruserious May 20, 2009 at 6:55 am

let’s put the blame where it belongs…lack of good parenting. It sickens me to see these kids get pregnant younger and younger each year but it also doesn’t help when your mom/dad is only 10 years older than you either. I personally don’t see anything wrong with the photos ( they could have on halter tops) because I just can’t see Kimora exploiting her kids in such a disrespectful way. The relationship that Kimora and Russell have I’m sure it was discussed before these pics were taken (don’t believe KLS just jumped out there like that) but of course we will never know the story behind the pics. I don’t want to be a judge or jury so I’ll just hope that these were tastefully done and the other clothes we can’t see where just photo shopped out..

• UGOGURL!! May 20, 2009 at 6:40 am

@ midnite

I come on this site because I choose to and my opinion is my own just like yours however, some of the comments on here are just plain IGNORANT and that is just my opinion. Why would any parent degrade their child by allowing them to pose half naked for a magazine (even Kimora)? That to me is crazy! I am open for suggestion. Me like you don’t like when people attack anothers character. We don’t know Kimora or any of these other celebs personally but we all make rude and nasty remarks towards what the media portrays them to be.

I appreciate your comments. No disrespect but like you said..everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 20, 2009 at 2:36 am

Cute like usual

• Midnite May 19, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Our little girls are growing up to fast, I cannot begin to tell you how many 12 and 13 year old girls that I know or know someone who knows that are pregnant. (Pregnant). They will have plenty of time to take half nude/ sexy or whatever you want to call it pictures. My GOD daughter was on her My Space account the other day. I could not believe my eyes what these little girls are doing posting pictures of themselves like they see on T.V and magazines. 12/13. One had the nerve to be showing her belly, And the other one is only 13 and pregnant. I enjoy seeing Ming and Aoki, I watched Kimor’s show, but I will not give anybody a pass because they are on T.V. Let them be girls, These little girls exposed to too much. Russell Simmons their own Father said it himself, he thinks they are in to much. In a nice kinda of way. I know this is not the time or subject, but I jsut wanted to let anybody who is concerned about our youth know some real talk.

• bellachik May 25, 2009 at 12:16 am

The girls are adorable and super cute I hope they grow up and b like there parents successful smart young ladies.

• Brooks May 19, 2009 at 8:46 pm

I think the photos are beautiful even the one with the sheet. I see nothing wrong…just like those photos by Ann Geddes, who takes the famous pics of babies who often are unclothed. Very sweet & innocent.

• Jennifer May 19, 2009 at 7:28 pm

I think this is a beautiful cover but the girls look to mature in the picture. They are too young to be doing sheet and the person who mentioned Miley Cyrus is right. I like the two other pictures better though because they look like little girls. But either way its beautiful pictures and I love Ming and Aoki. I can’t wait for the baby boy to come!!!He is going to be so cute!I wonder what his name will be

• Midnite May 19, 2009 at 7:28 pm

@Ugogirl, I think the word ignorance is a bit much, I would not consider myself uneducated,unaware, no training. Clearly a fool can see they may have somehting underneath, but there is nothing on thier arms. But I respect your thinking. We are entitled to think different from one another and voice our thoughts. If we get on your nerves, why borther coming to the site. I love reading how everybody has a differnt take on a picture. people see things through their own eyes. I don’t like it when people attack others who don’t see things the way they do. It’s called self serving and one way. The road goes two ways.

• vale May 19, 2009 at 6:38 pm

aoki looks sleepy

• Shanice May 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I always thought Ming was the cutest one, but Aoki is just as adorable. I also don’t like the sheet thing. It was a big scandal when Miley Cyrus did it, and she was 15

• Jamiesha May 19, 2009 at 4:08 pm

They are both cute girls but on this cover Ming looks so beautifully mature like a younger version of Jennifer Freeman. And Aoki is adorable as usual.

• Tiana May 19, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Thats a good camparison. I always thought she looked like Jurnee Smollet as a child

• Bridgette December 16, 2009 at 3:54 am

I agree, she does look like Jurnee a lot, but wow those eyes are beautiful.

• Ms. Hill May 19, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Thanks Midnite. I hate to see people are already saying one or the other is cuter.

• Kelli May 20, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Nobody has said this at all. This is an exceptionally beautiful picture of Ming. She is older and we’re really starting to see the features that she is going to grow into. That said, almost everybody thinks that Kimora has TWO beautiful girls. Ming looks like her mom and Aoki looks like her dad.

And no, Ming is not the one with her mother’s outspoken personality, that honor belongs to Aoki who is almost always the center of attention. But as for Kimora, from what I’ve seen, she is a loving, affectionate, hands-on mom to both her babies. Can’t wait for the little boy!

• PLEASE May 19, 2009 at 4:02 pm

The girls are so cute and Aoki is dead on her dad in a good way.

• Nita May 19, 2009 at 2:47 pm

When the girls were younger, I thought Aoki was cuter. But Ming is absolutely beautiful.

• Karen May 19, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Ming and Aoki are beautiful. I am a little confused by the cover. Why would anyone think that having a 9 and 6 year old on a cover of a magazine – appearing naked with only a sheet covering them, to be inappropriate? Shame on who ever put the concept together for that photo. Aside from the cover, the photo’s where they are dressed in clothing are beautiful.

• ..... May 19, 2009 at 4:24 pm

You are absolutely right, that cover photo is beyond inappropriate for girls as young as Ming and Aoki. The only one to blame for how fast the girls are growing up is Kimora. Those are her little girls, covered by a piece of pink cloth and the only reason how they could have been photographed like that is with Kimora’s permission. That is just poor parenting.

• simms May 21, 2009 at 1:24 am

It really depends on the magazine’s intent – because they could have easily being going for the angelic, pure innocence look (hence the pink flowers) that many people relate to young children, as opposed to trying to sexualize them. The rest (interpretation) is just based on what mind set the viewer is analyzing it with.

And I’m not saying anyone is perverted for looking at it as if media are sexualizing the kids, but in this day we have become so on edge about what appearances portray and sexual offenders and sexual use in advertising and so on, that we sometimes tend to read into things too much, or ignore other possibilities and make what we are looking for the absolute possibility.

Being a kids oriented magazine, I sure they thought long and hard about their intent and what it would portray. If you look it is the “Green Issue”, hence minimalistic organic style.
      Karen, sorry this isn’t directed to you specifically – I just meant it for anyone to consider before concluding.
      Anyway, thanks for reading if you made it this far, lol.

• simms May 21, 2009 at 1:34 am

Just noticing how they strategically cover the baby bump lol – I forgot she was preggers for a bit there, once I remembered I had to go back and see how it wasn’t the first thing on my mind lol

• Kiki May 19, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Ming is absolutely gorgeous!

• Blue May 19, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I forgot I sent this in lol.

Ming and Aoki look beautiful on the cover ;) I never get tired of seeing photos of them; can’t wait to see the new little one.

• Midnite May 19, 2009 at 1:57 pm

@ Ms. Hill, I know, you would think Kimora’s kids are the definition of beautiful kids. They are cute kids, but so are mine, Michelle Obama’s and so many more.

• Ms. Hill May 19, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Thank you Midnite. The nonsense is already starting of which one looks better…..

• Ms. Hill May 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Just by looking at the picture above of the three of them Ms. Kimora is showering her oldest whose personality is more like her and her younger daughter looks left out.

• Tiana May 19, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Mings personality is definetly NOTHING like Kimoras, thats Aoki.

• Tiana May 19, 2009 at 7:42 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with cover. It looks innocent like two baby godesses which was probably the theme hence the GREEK wear which is not really inappropriate and is way different from the theme of Miley Cyrus’s sheet scandal. You guys just need to get your mind out of the gutter.

Any who the kids are absolutely adorable and Aoki is a dead ringer of her Dad. :)

• Ms. Hill May 19, 2009 at 12:39 pm

What’s the obsession with this woman and her kids?

• MRS. BROWN May 19, 2009 at 2:03 pm

There is not a obsession with this woman. She has 2 nice looking kids and she is a nice looking lady and has a lot on the ball and were just interested in what’s going on with her when she lets it be known.

• InnocentCorruption203 May 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Gorgeous! I concur with April, Ming does look just like Kimora and Aoki just like Russell. I can’t wait to see the baby boy!!!!!

• April Shaw May 19, 2009 at 12:20 pm

MAN! It’s a trip! They are so BEAUTIFUL and are growing up! Ming looks just like Kimora and Aoki looks just like Rusell!

• Kishakisha May 19, 2009 at 11:55 am

She is glowing being pregnant!!!
    The little girl looks so much like her dad!!
    Both beautiful girl though *-)

• Joy May 19, 2009 at 11:24 am

I love her girls

• LadyOne May 19, 2009 at 10:26 am

they don’t look anything alike.

• MrsUmar May 27, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Just like my little girls…one looks like daddy and the other one looks like mommy. Beautiful little girls by the way.

• crad May 19, 2009 at 10:16 am

These girls alwaya look “cute”, but I have to say, this cover is GORGEOUS!

• Jae May 19, 2009 at 9:23 am

Wow, I can’t believe how grown they look on that cover. Ming looks absolutely gorgeous!! and I love Aoki’s baby face!!!!

• SweetDiva May 19, 2009 at 8:58 am

Ming and Aoki look so beautiful and angelic!

• Monique May 19, 2009 at 8:47 am

SOOO CUTE ESP MING

• Misty May 19, 2009 at 8:41 am

The girls are so cute and growing up fast.