MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

WANDA SYKES TALKS ABOUT MOTHERHOOD

wanda2

Comedienne Wanda Sykes says that her life has changed drastically since welcoming twins in April. Wanda admits that motherhood is “great” and that “it puts everything to perspective.”

“I realized that I don’t matter for s***. Basically. I don’t matter,  she tells Extratv.

As for life with twins Lucas Claude and Olivia Lou, Wanda says it isn’t easy.

“They’re peeing on me. The little boy… I know I have to put a towel or something over top. But as soon as I put it on, he pees… It’s like the carnival. He’s after me.”

So is the new mom getting any sleep? “Not at all. I’m napping right now.” She adds, “I’m sure I have some baby poo on me somewhere.”

Wanda hopes to have more kids with her wife Alex. She says, “I would love for them to have an older brother.”

18 Comments to “WANDA SYKES TALKS ABOUT MOTHERHOOD”

• camie May 29, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I have just one question……who is the father????

• keke May 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Congrats to her, I have my own opinions on same sex couples raising children, but I will withold my judgement as should everyone else. They are already parents of two precious little ones whether we like it or not. The best we can do is hope they are the best parents they can possible be and the babies get all the love and proper instruction possible, as I am sure they are.

• Cee Cee May 20, 2009 at 12:51 pm

BCK ~ Would you post my comment? it wasn’t offensive.

Thanks!

CeeCee

• admin May 20, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Cee Cee, Could you post again? Couldn’t find your comment….

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 20, 2009 at 2:39 am

Awww lol @ lil Lucas

• 1coolazzchic May 19, 2009 at 10:38 pm

i think its silly to bash two loving good parents who happen to be lesbian when single moms and dads F*** up kids lives everyday

• Mika May 20, 2009 at 7:25 am

And so do married hetero couples. With all the abused, unloved, and abandoned kids out here, why do people care about any loving parent’s sexuality?

• crad May 19, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Does she plan on adopting? How would the twins have an older brother?

• Lisette May 19, 2009 at 6:37 pm

@ crad: That’s what I’m wondering!

• alicia banks May 19, 2009 at 4:23 pm

thank you for the inclusion!

congrats to wanda and alex!!!

yes we lesbians refer to each other as “wife”
    even when we are not legally wed
    just like common law/unwed het couples do too…fyi

peace,
    alicia banks
    OUTLOOK

• hanaboo May 19, 2009 at 4:08 pm

well why do people think two women is ok wen two men is obviously NOT?? its all the same, its not natural, its actually unhygenic for two men if you think about it… all thoses germs up there, thats why its not the way god planned it or it would be hygenic.. so if its not right for men then its not right for women either. PERIOD.

• InnocentCorruption203 May 19, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I’m still waiting to see pic these 2. I bet they are cute……….

• Kayana May 19, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I’m so happy for Wanda and her wife.I hope they can raise their children with love and happiness and ignore the judgmental people who want to impend upon their relationship.

• Mimosa May 19, 2009 at 11:29 am

Her “wife” ?
    Whatev :|

• Suitepuma May 19, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I know… it’s sad how our society has been bamboozled into thinking that a woman can have a “wife” and that a man can have a “husband”.

It’s so sad it makes my heart ache!

• jules May 26, 2009 at 10:56 am

Yes, her WIFE. You better start dealing with it, because the time for change has come.

• Scorpio May 19, 2009 at 10:13 am

Congradulations to Wanda and family she is so hilariously funny…

• Carol May 19, 2009 at 9:18 am

I love Wanda Sykes! I’m so happy for her. Can’t wait to see pictures of the twins in the future.