SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

BEN HARPER AND DAUGHTER TAKE A STROLL

spl102496_0011

Musician Ben Harper was spotted leaving a medical building with his daughter Harris in Beverly Hills, CA last week Friday.Ben, who is of African-American and Cherokee Indian descent, has two children from his first marriage with a lady named Joanna. They had two children, son Charles Joseph and daughter Harris. Harper married actress Laura Dern in 2005. They have two children together, son Ellery Walker Harper (b. August 21, 2001) and daughter Jaya (b. November 24, 2004).

spl102496_0021

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

16 Comments to “BEN HARPER AND DAUGHTER TAKE A STROLL”

• Linda Hill February 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Black and White begets a Mulatto—a Mulatto and White begets a Quadroon– a A Quadroon and a White BEGET an Octoroon.. An Octoroon and a White FORGET THEY BLACK!! IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE FORGOTTEN DON’T BEGET ANY MULLATOS .

• nonfictions June 14, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Ben Harper is 1/2 white, 1/2 black so his kids with Laura Dern (who’s white) are going to look more white than black b/c they’re 3/4 white and 1/4 black. I’m sure that as they grow up we’ll see more color in their skin tone.

• Sonia August 6, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Actually, the idea that light babies get darker as they get older is a myth. I am half black and half white, and have white skin. My dad’s black family insisted that my skin would get darker as I got older, but I’m still the same pale person. My skin is the same white skin I had as a baby.

• Cee Mee June 6, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I feel bad for her she looks hesitant to keep walking I can’t imagine living a life were all kinds of paparazzi following you every day.

• Leah May 27, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Kiki and BronxTeacher! The reason why his other kids by Laura Dern look almost all White is because Ben Harper isn’t just Black and Cherokee…he’s half White! His father is Black and his mother is a White woman. I met someone who is good friends with Ben Harper and he showed me pics of Ben with his White mother. So the children are only 1/4th Black; therefore, Laura Dern’s genes really aren’t that strong afterall:-)

• Tylin September 8, 2009 at 2:18 am

You have most of your information right, Thanks for that…and his mom is JEWISH…

• Constantly Moving March 8, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Well His father was black and Cherokee and his mother white so that would make him 1/4 black. So his kids with Laura (who is white) will be 1/8th black or 12% to 15 % black, and thats why they look white

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm

She’s a cute girl.

• runescape gold May 26, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Just wanted to say a big huge CONGRATS on the book! I look forward to reading it, and I love your blog and your column. Can’t wait for the new blog

• SweetDiva May 26, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Harris is a beauty!

• bronxteacher May 26, 2009 at 1:24 pm

From the comments about the other children, I had to look them up and see. You all are right, the other two children with Laura Dern definitely look just white. It’s crazy what happens in the gene pools. You just never know. His children are all beautiful, too!

• Blue May 26, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Harris is a unique name for a girl and what a cutie she is.

Kiki I agree. I have seen the youngest two and Jaya especially could pass for caucasion.

• MrsUmar May 26, 2009 at 11:09 am

That is one beautiful little girl.

• KiKi May 26, 2009 at 10:21 am

All of his kids are beautiful. Laura Dern has some strong genes. Their kids together look caucasian.

• Zee May 26, 2009 at 9:11 am

Ben is so fine! His little girl(Harris) is such a beauty, too.

• Lisette May 26, 2009 at 7:42 am

I didn’t know he had other kids. She looks just like him!