TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TOMI RAE AND JAMES BROWN II GET THEIR SHARE OF THE PIE

jamesbrownsonwife

The legal battle over  the late James Brown’s estate  has now ended. On Tuesday, a South Carolina judge determined that half of Brown’s assets will go to a charitable trust, a quarter will go to his wife, Tomi Rae Hynie-Brown, and their young son, James Brown II, and the remainder to his adult children.

This is what Brown’s widow had to say about the settlement: “I am so relieved and happy that the court has approved this settlement. I want to be able to work with the trustees and other Brown family members to promote James Brown’s legacy. My son James and I are grateful to the judge and hope this nightmare is finally over.”

The “nightmare” that Tomi refers to commenced after the legendary soul singer died on Christmas Day in 2006. Ever since then, the two parties involved(Tomi vs the Brown family)  have been battling over the singer’s estate. At one point during the battle, a court even ordered a DNA test for James Brown II.

Source for original print

13 Comments to “TOMI RAE AND JAMES BROWN II GET THEIR SHARE OF THE PIE”

• BLACKCELEBKIDS.COM- Black Celebrity Kids,babies,and their Parents » JAMES BROWN’S SON IS GROWING UP FAST! September 22, 2011 at 4:45 pm

[...] PHOTO: See a younger picture of little James now! [...]

• KIKI May 29, 2009 at 12:49 pm

he look like his dad

• Angel May 29, 2009 at 12:20 pm

James Brown II looks just like his dad. I just did a DNA test with my eyes.

• MrsUmar May 28, 2009 at 7:05 pm

It’s about damn time…I am sooo happy for them…them meaning Tomi and James Jr. R.I.P. James Brown Sr.

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) May 28, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Aww he has sum cute hair.

• Brittney from Philly May 28, 2009 at 2:14 pm

half to a charitable trust??? im all for charity but why, 2/4 could have went to the adult siblings and 1/4 for the wife and 1/4 for James ll..?? but what do i know lol

• cb May 28, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I want to know the scoop…lol…what did the parties involved receive??

• Tee May 28, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Wow! 3yrs later. This is why its so important for people to have a will and their final wishes done before they pass on. R.I.P James Brown

• Joy May 28, 2009 at 1:31 pm

May he rest in Peace!

I know the Adult chrildren do not care for her, but that child deseve something.

• karl anglin July 30, 2009 at 10:29 am

Thank God this has finally ended!!

• tan May 28, 2009 at 11:24 am

Honestly is their anything left?Of course she does but i doubt that his adult kids want anything to do with her at this point.My he rest in peace finally!

• naiyaj May 28, 2009 at 11:15 am

Well its about time now this man can rest in peace

• Joe Prescrott January 23, 2011 at 5:14 am

In an interview about her so-called son with James Brown, she recalls Brown say:

Their Son: James Brown II

By late 2000 Tomi Rae was pregnant with Brown’s son, born in June 2001. Brown named the boy after himself – James Brown II – the only child he ever gave his own name to. “James thought his son might be president one day,” recalls Tomi Rae. “When he named him he said, ‘I gave him my name because I knew that having my name and being half white, he might actually have a shot in this world. He could become the president of the United States one day’. He said that this boy was going to do more than he ever did. I felt those shoes were too big to fill.”