MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

CHEF WOLFGANG AND HIS GANG

wolfgang

Celebrity Chef Wolfgang Puck and his family, his sons Oliver Wolfgang (born July 17, 2005) and Alexander Wolfgang (born December 20, 2006), and his Ethiopian-born  wife, handbag designer Gelila Assefa Puck, attended the 3rd annual Kidstock Music and Art Festival at Greystone Mansion on May 31, 2009. Wolfgang also has two other sons named Cameron and Byron with his former wife, Barbara Lazaroff.

wolfgang1wolfgangwolfgang11wolfwife

29 Comments to “CHEF WOLFGANG AND HIS GANG”

• someone June 21, 2013 at 6:49 am

You seem to forgetting she is Ethiopian, and spent most of her formative years there. She came to the States at 16. I assume she is a naturalized citizen by now Ethiopian-American.They tend to marry Ethiopians most of the time. A very socially endogamous group, like many other Africans (Nigerians prefer Nigerians, Ghanians prefer Ghanians and so forth). Not that inter-ethnic dating/marriage is a bad thing, just somewhat rare.

• wineDineDivas July 13, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Congratulations Wolfgang & Gelila to your Happy & Beautiful Family!!!!

• Miss Char November 12, 2009 at 6:13 pm

LISTEN UP, LET ME INFORM YAW, BLACK MEN ARE MAKING UP FOR LOSS TIMES. IT WAS NOT LONG AGO THAT HE WAS HANGED IF SEEN WITH ANOTHER RACE OF A WOMAN, NOT JUST A WHITE WOMAN. HE COULD NOT REALLY EVEN HAVE HIS OWN WOMAN WHEN HE WANTED TO. IT SOUNDS ASSININE, BUT BROTHER HAS BEEN HINDERED FROM TASTING THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT. NOW HE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO AND HE IS NOT LEAVING NO OTHER RACE OF WOMAN OUT, BUT HIS OWN. HE ALSO WANTS TO SHOW THE WHITE MAN THAT HE CAN COMPETE WITH HIM IF IT IS WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A WOMAN OR WOMEN. SO SISTAS DO NOT THINK IT IS YOUR FAULT THAT BROTHERS ARE DATING IN LARGE NUMBERS OUTSIDE THEIR RACE;IT IS FAR DEEPER THAN YOU KNOW.

• dehjavoo June 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

you want to know why theirs isn’t the same the other way is because black men have so many black women around its not the same for black women so its not cool when theirs a large influx of it being with a white woman i mean i know theirs a lot of black women that are good out their not vice versa

• Whomp.Whomp June 5, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Wolfgang went and got him a sister!! I can’t be made at the sister’s hustle!!

• CDk August 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Why does it have to be a hustle? what tasteless thing to say. Why can’t it just be love.

• Gaga June 4, 2009 at 7:16 am

Ethiopians are beautiful.

• Lisette June 3, 2009 at 8:24 am

That is one lucky woman, married to a chef. His food is soooo good. lol The boys are beautiful.

• MrsUmar June 2, 2009 at 9:25 pm

Good looking family…

• KiKi June 2, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Well said Teri!

• summer June 2, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Beautiful Family

• KiKi June 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm

NikNak,
    That’s just the term used to describe inter-race or inter-faith unions. I too am inter-married so I definitely meant no offense.

• hanaboo June 2, 2009 at 1:49 pm

its nice to see all these positive comments about inter racial relationships, shame we don’t get the same comments when its a darker man with a lighter woman…. don’t see the difference myself but hey.
    on another note, they are a very nice looking family

• Shaunie June 2, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I noticed that myself!

I thinks is “odd” how when its a black MAN with a women of a different race there are ALOT more negative comments….when its a black WOMEN, its another story. Hmmm…

Anywhoo… beautiful family!

• Teri June 2, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Shaunie, I might be able to shed some light on that. When a black man is with a woman of another race, people assume the following:

1. He does not date or has a negative attitude toward black women

2. He’s color struck

3. Since black men date outside their race more than any other race, it’s assumed he is full of self-hatred.

These stereotypes are enforced when we continuously see non-black women in videos.
        I’m not saying these facts are always correct (but in some cases they are as I live in a state in which 99.9% of black men date or are married to white women, and I have seen some of the traits listed above), but for the most part, these issues above are not attached to black females.

Now before people get their panties in a bunch, I’m not again mixed couples. I could care less who people date. That’s just my take on it.

• DW June 2, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I think this is because more than any other minority group in this country, Black men tend to date/marry outside of their race than any other. Why wouldn’t a race of women who have been so consistently told that the curl of their hair is too tightly wound, the shape of their hips is way too voluptous, the size of their mouths is just too big, and the darkness of their skin is simply intimidating – feel hostile everytime they see a Black man with his trophy bride. It’s like a slap in the face and yet another reminder that no matter how hard we work to better ourselves and uplift the race, we’re just not good enough for the men we nonetheless continue to love.

• fe August 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm

C’mon If you don’t know by now then your slippin, BLACK GIRLS ROCK!
        Everyone knows deep down on the inside, guess it’s politically correct to disagree publicly!

• Blue June 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Beautiful family!

Unfortunately, just because some people can look past color, it doesn’t mean that everyone will. There is just so much hate within one race in itself.

• melmel June 2, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I luv to see inter-racial families, epecially if it means we are one step closer to ending racism in this country.

• Teri June 2, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Good luck with that concept. We thought Obama being in office was going to do the same thing. I certainly hope people evolve.

• Susie December 28, 2009 at 6:26 pm

So do I melmel. Just like there is no excuse for anyone to not succeed be it black,puerto-rican,mexican,indian, jew or gentile. This is wonderful marry whom you lovvvve is what I say.

• KiKi June 2, 2009 at 1:15 pm

I had no idea he was inter-married. Beautiful family

• NikNak June 2, 2009 at 2:01 pm

umm. you make it sound like it he married another species

• Jason D November 18, 2010 at 8:18 am

It’s unreal to me that all you people can talk about is the race of each family member, your opinions of race, why racial questions are perpetuated, etc…They are perpetuated because well-intentioned people like YOU keep it alive! YOU are sending the message that the only subject worth discussing with regards to this photo is race. Every single comment mentions race. However, funnily enough, I don’t see you commenting on race when you’ve got 2 whites or 2 blacks. Why isn’t every comment then about

Then, you would comment SOLELY on the truly interesting facts, i.e., “I bet that mansion must be gorgeous; I’ve seen photos of Graystone”, “Wow, KIDSTOCK is such a great idea; I’d love to take my own kids” “wow, he’s looking really old ; )”, “I’ve always loved his TV shows” AND “what a beautiful family”, “what a fantastic cook”, etc etc etc

Instead, YOU have all been harping EXCLUSIVELY on everybody’s race…Do you see why it even becomes an issue? If I were a child, I would automatically assume that race was SO important, especially if interracial, as that is the single issue which permeates THROUGHOUT. Having grown up in NYC in an extremely diverse environment, my friends & I never even realised that we were of different races till we were about 12 years old and our Social Studies teacher started cramming the issue down our throats. Before that, because our liberal parents did not consider our different races an issue, we had just accepted each other as friends without even noticing.

People like you MEAN well, but just know that your actions actually engender the OPPOSITE effect!

• CDk August 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm

what the heck are going on about????

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) June 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm

beautiful fam

• Suitepuma June 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Wow… they are a cute couple

their chilrens look just like the both them too

I bet their gonna grow up with some mad cooking skills too… ugh lucky!

• InnocentCorruption203 June 2, 2009 at 12:51 pm

They look very happy!!! Gorgeous family

• Sonya June 2, 2009 at 12:23 pm