LATIMORE ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH HONEYCOMBS

CHIFUNDO “MERCY” JAMES SPENDS HER LAST DAYS IN MALAWI WITH FRIENDS

Pop star Madonna has said in a statement that she is thrilled that a judge has approved her appeal to adopt four-year-old Chifundo “Mercy” James. The singer told Usmagazine recently, “I am extremely grateful for the Supreme Court’s ruling on my application to adopt Mercy James.”

She added, “I am ecstatic. My family and I look forward to sharing our lives with her.

Chifundo “Mercy” is expected to join Madonna on Wednesday(June 17th)

Meanwhile, Mercy is spending her last few days in Malawi with friends(see picture). The four-year-old girl is completely unaware that she will soon be living a new life in the United States of America.

CLICK HERE TO SEE PICTURES OF MERCY

Tags : Posted in : Madonna

31 Comments to “CHIFUNDO “MERCY” JAMES SPENDS HER LAST DAYS IN MALAWI WITH FRIENDS”

• Win a Free iPad February 20, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

• nighthat December 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm

- Buy Targetted Visitors.

• Alene Lydic November 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Nice site you have here i have bookmarked so i can check back often.

• education September 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

I am typically to running a blog and i actually respect your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for brand spanking new information.

• love September 9, 2010 at 11:39 am

stop wondering and speculating… its none of you all business just wish them well, Madonna has a heart of gold god bless her..

• ........ June 25, 2009 at 2:04 pm

now what in the world is madonna gonna do with her hair and i wonder is guy ritchie going to have anything thing to do with mercy since he didn’t adopt her.

• NYC212718 June 18, 2009 at 1:57 am

This little girl is about to go live lavish, no more orphanages for her. I love it! Now she has a better chance at living out all her future dreams.

• Keepin' it real June 17, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Nappykat, it wasn’t the term nappy that was offensive, in part it was the term,”whitey.”

• Virgie June 17, 2009 at 10:15 am

White people adopting children of color is always a weighty, political subject and I am more shocked that people are so unwilling to address it than I am at people who try to rock the boat with sarcastic remarks (nappykat). America is still a racist place…as is much of the ‘civilized’ world. The little Mercys and Davids in our world who are adopted by white people will still have to deal with that and need to have access to people who can help them deal effectively.

This is not a post-racial America.

• Nappykat June 17, 2009 at 9:50 am

Nappyhead is not racist. I have nappy hair. My hair is natural and nappy.

Check it out. Nappy is not racist and is being taken back as as acceptable term to use for curly/kinky black hair.

So kiss my you-know-what!

• SUZ(*Ti Amo*) June 17, 2009 at 12:58 am

awww big cute smile.

• MrsUmar June 16, 2009 at 4:40 pm

These little girls are beautiful…

• Keepin' it real June 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm

NappyKat, what a racist post! I hope no one will allowyou exposure to their children with statements like that!

• GrenadaGal June 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm

your actually studying Nappykat? you have time oui LOL girl im sure shes just playing about…

• Nappykat June 16, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Why can’t I get one of these rich whitey’s to adopt me?

BRANGELINA I’M AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION AND STILL IN NEED OF LOVING (RICH) PARENTS!!

Madonna, can I be your kid’s hairdresser? You know you gonna need one because chances are you and your crew don’t know didly squat about black hair.

We can keep it natural and I can have have it healthy, beautiful, moisturized with natural products like jojoba oil and coffee bean butter, and growing.

I’m serious! call me or email me.

IF YOU DON’T WANNA ADOPT ME, OFFER ME A JOB!

OR SOME REFERENCES!

OR SOME CREDIT!

• Shalice June 16, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Nappy head, you really should be ashamed of your racist comment.

• hanaboo June 17, 2009 at 7:51 am

i thought nappkats comment was funny… it seemed like she was jus messin… at least she gotta sense of humour

• Nita June 16, 2009 at 3:08 pm

**disclaimer**
    This is NOT a slam against Madonna’s adoption, so spare me the grief.

Why is no one explaining to this child what’s about to happen to her? Even if she doesn’t fully understand, it is cruel to just take her away with no knowledge on her part. Hopefully, Madonna will spend a few days visiting with her in her surroundings. I know she did it once already, but that child is young and needs to get used to her new Mother in a place with which she is familiar. I wish them all the best. Madonna seems to be a very loving, devoted mother and I’m sure Mercy will bond with her new family well.

• hanaboo June 16, 2009 at 3:35 pm

i agree, its gonna be a total culture shock for her, poor lil thing, she needs to be able to come to understand wats happening to her, i can’t believe shes not been properly talked to about this…

• bunny June 16, 2009 at 7:26 pm

you took the words right out of my mouth!!
      i love what madonna is doing… i think she is doing a wondeerful job with david… and will do a wonderful job with mercy. but they really need to let her know whats gonna happen… just prepare her. tell here she is about to live with a new family or something!

• Teri June 16, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Nita, I, too, though the same thing. I’m looking at these adorable little girls and I’m thinking to myself that she will be taken away from what she knows. I know it happens to children all the time, but there was a part of me that got sad. I’m sure all her needs will be taken care of, including love from her mother and siblings, but I completely understand your point.

P.S. Even if you didn’t agree with the adoption, that’s your prerogative. I know people tend to get sensitive on BCK if what you say is PERCEIVED as anti-white as you can see by the response to Nappykat. Sheesh.

• Aisha June 16, 2009 at 9:32 pm

The report is actually false. Mercy has been calling Madonna “mommy” for months already and has been in contact with her for years (she’s been trying to adopt her since 2006). When Madonna lost the initial bid to adopt, she had to explain to Mercy that she couldn’t take her home and Mercy kept asking for her. For the past two months friends of Madonna working in Malawi have been caring for Mercy and prepping her for her new life- she has been learning English and going to a nursery school. Madonna actually calls her often so she is not a stranger to Mercy.

• Blue June 16, 2009 at 11:51 pm

For Mercy’s sake, I am glad that she didn’t have to go thru the trauma of having a woman who she considered to be her “mommy” pulled away from her.

Still, I think that Madonna shouldn’t have taken the chance of hurting Mercy if the adoption did not go thru. Can you imagine the trauma of such an experience?

• Aisha June 18, 2009 at 2:28 am

True, they shouldn’t have gotten the girl’s hopes up. Though I believe Madonna would have continued to be a part of her life in some way like she has in the past few years. I really don’t think she would have abandoned Mercy completely if the adoption had not gone through.

• Aisha June 16, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Gorgeous little girl, she is going to have a great life now. Madonna is doing a good job with David and her other two children, so I have faith she will be great to Mercy too. She looks like a sweet child and deserves a great life.

• Suitepuma June 16, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Ohhhhhhh These kids are soooo Keyyyy-oooooote!!!

Wow how adorable they are!

• Aimee June 16, 2009 at 1:55 pm

She is a cutie !

• Blue June 16, 2009 at 1:27 pm

These photos make me want to adopt right now.

• sepsep June 16, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Madonna is lucky to have these children. Beautiful Children

• hanaboo June 16, 2009 at 11:57 am

awww they look soo sweet together… pretty girls

• InnocentCorruption203 June 16, 2009 at 11:47 am

Those kids are adorable!!