TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

MICHELLE WANTS HER KIDS TO BE “AWARE OF ALL KINDS OF MUSIC”

whitehouse3

First lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia,10, center, and Sasha,8, took in a jazz performance at a jazz workshop for students in the East Room of the White House in Washington on Monday, June 15, 2009. Michelle said the following during the event :

“I brought my own family with me today, because I want to keep them alive and aware of all kinds of music, other than hip-hop. So it’s just — it’s so important for me to have you here that I brought them here as well”

“And jazz has been a part of my life since I was a little girl. My mother’s father, who we called ‘Southside,’ before there were room-to-room — speaker in every house — every room in his house, and he played it 24 hours a day at — on the highest volume he could put it on. And that’s how I grew up in my household. At Christmas, birthdays, Easter — didn’t matter. There was jazz playing in our household.”

“So it means so much to me to be able to bring that music here to the White House, and to have you all celebrating with us. So have a good time. Thanks so much.” (Source)

GettyImages

Tags : Posted in : Barack Obama

10 Comments to “MICHELLE WANTS HER KIDS TO BE “AWARE OF ALL KINDS OF MUSIC””

• Miss Char November 4, 2009 at 6:27 pm

Sasha is a sweet little girl whose patience is expected to get short, until she matures enough to understand how to tolerate certain events that can sometime become monotonous.

• marie October 23, 2009 at 6:33 pm

First Lady, Michelle Obama looks classy and as always, a lady.

• JaysSweetShugah June 18, 2009 at 12:54 am

I looooooooooovvvveeee the Obamas!!!!!

• Mel (Toronto) June 16, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I heart this fam!

• Teri June 16, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Bravo, Mrs. Obama! What a wonderful mother she is.

• Nanette June 16, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I wish I had a fist lady like this when I was growing up. She really cares about children and helping them to succeed in this world. And I mean all kids, No matter what color.

• hanaboo June 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

sasha look kinda bored tho don’t she lol… its great wat michelle is doin i love her

• Nanette June 16, 2009 at 4:45 pm

You see bored, I see a little girl who is foucsed and paying attention to the performer on the stage, No distractions. I like the way the other two girls are focused on the stage performer. I would be looking all around, After all they are sitting next to The first lady and her kids. Lucky girls,I hope they take this with them when they are older and treasure that day. Not to mention bc too.

• Realist June 16, 2009 at 3:32 pm

That’s a beautiful thing.

• Tamika June 16, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I love this woman and the influence she is making on her children and all the children of the world.

Thank you, Mrs.Obama!