ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

NAS: “I WANT TO BE FULLY INVOLVED”

SPL88091_006

Rapper Nas claims that he would like to be “fully involved” in his yet to be born child’s life. According to TMZ, the rapper has already agreed to pay $350 for a stroller, $450 for a baby sling and $1,598 for two cribs to the mother of his unborn child, singer Kelis. In addition, Nas wants to pay $5,000 in child support, an amount which is far below the $20,000/month that Kelis is requesting.

Kelis claims Nas raked in $11 million for his album deal. Nas fired back in legal papers, “I did not receive even half that amount”… claiming it’s more like $4 mil. Nas claims his income is declining, and he’s only pulling in $147,165 a month.

As for what he spends … $71,371.96 a month, which includes $10,000 a month in clothing/hair/toiletries/personal effects.

Kelis, who is about to give birth to their child, claims Nas hasn’t paid a penny for child or spousal support since he left her.
Nas thinks $5,000 a month is reasonable for child support since the kid will just be a newborn(TMZ.com)

Tags : Posted in : Kelis and NasLawsuits

36 Comments to “NAS: “I WANT TO BE FULLY INVOLVED””

• Tatyana Grant April 5, 2011 at 6:19 am

PLEASE don’t publish my comment
    I could not find your email, so I’m leaving you a comment. I wanted to personally teach you how I generate over $1000 a day. No overhead. I’ve layed out the method, put up pictures, and even a video clip. My method WILL work for you as well. Link is here

• lydia July 26, 2009 at 8:08 pm

WHAT WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!
    THIS MAN BRINGS IN 147000 A MONTH!EVEN IF HE BROUGHT IN 100K PER MONTH 20K IS NOTHIN.THER ARE MEN OUT THER THAT MAKE 1100PER MONTH AND ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PAY 400 PER MONTH IN CHILD SUPPORT.SHE WILL HAVE THAT BABY 99% OF THE TIME.HE SHOULD WANT TO TAKE FABULOUS CARE OF HIS SON.I HAVE 2 SONS AND I FEEL LIKE A HORRIBLE MOTHER IF I PAY $25 FOR A BLOW OUT AND MY 9 YEAR OLD NEEDS A FREAKIN HAIR CUT! HE GETS NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!

• Zogie July 21, 2009 at 9:46 am

You guys are sooo flipping funny…. Did u forget Kelis has been married to Nas for years?… well she has..
    thus making her Entitled to a couple of pennies…..
    . If she hadn’t been working all this time… ever wonder why?? Because he was taking care of her…. that’s what husbands are suppose to do..be Providers.. We have a habit of emasculating men especially black men…STOP IT! Let him Provide! Stating ooh she doesn’t need a dula.. Please…Dula’s have been around for years.. Whoever said that please don’t forget these stars don’t have health insurance they pay for everything with cash. If she wants a dula give her one. 350 for a stroller? What? Yea she can get one @ that price but does she choose to? My sister has a Strokke, $1200. And she’s not Nas’ wife, or babymomma.. Its sounds so cheap of Nas to say 5000 is enough… that’s rent in NYC…Check him out.. He only makes 4 million.. Why is it okay for Lionel Richie to have to pay his ‘White’ wife millions a month, and Kelis a ‘Black’ wife get the change in the bottom of Nas’ pocket?
    i love the justice system.. She’ll get her money in a L.A court system… cause she would be on welfare messing with you guys…

• SweetDiva July 15, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Of course, the baby is entitled to a lifestyle like his parents. However, I believe it is up to both parents to provide it. Kelis is not without earning potential herself. This is not a situation where Kelis was a stay at home mom without a salary.
    Hopefully the two of them will wise up before the baby is born and resolve these issues.

• Nas Wants To Be An Involved Daddy | Famecrawler July 15, 2009 at 6:03 am

[...] Source [...]

• KEEYSHA.J July 14, 2009 at 10:50 pm

AND YES NAS LOOK GOOD AS ALWAYS ;)

• KEEYSHA.J July 14, 2009 at 10:43 pm

MAN 5K IS ENOUGH ANYWAY I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BABY WHO IS DUE TO COME NEXT WEEK ;)

• AirForceGirl July 14, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Kelis is really showing her true colors. I think maybe she should get a job or actually make music that will bring in some income. $5000.00 is more than enough to take care of a family of two. She is a greedy douche.

• memasniece July 14, 2009 at 10:12 am

im on nas side but its funny how these rappers will downplay their expenses in a court of law but brag about how rich they are in their songs lol young jeezy i see you…

• Neicee July 14, 2009 at 8:21 am

It is not about what the mother needs or wants in child support, it is about the ability of both to support the child based on their income. If Nas brings in $146k per month, $5,000 in child support is too low. The amount also depends on the mother’s income too. Regardless of the luxuries Kelis wants for her child and the Dula, which is a true necessity, she is due a large monthly child support settlement unless her income closely matches his.

Trust me, for those who argue about single mothers and starving kids, once your children’s father incomes hits the ceiling, you will be at CSEA asking for an increase in child support. You don’t have to prove that your children have a need or how you will spend the money, the children are due the same comfort and lifestyle that the father enjoys and can provide.

It’s disappointing to learn that Kelis has squandered her money away and has to wait on the generosity of her soon-to-be exhusband.

• neenee July 14, 2009 at 7:29 am

first of all id like to sya that i dnt know what nas was doing with her in the first place. and second : ever since she and nas split up shes turned into this nasty fishwife airing out everyting in public bout how he dont do di n dat i understand shes still hurting but dnt turn bitter…have some composure and remember he should be supporting his baby not you, are you helpless no go out and make some money..and maybe she’d like to remember that he also has another child so all his money aint gon jus be for her child.

• lig July 13, 2009 at 9:35 pm

first of all, nas looks hella sexy in that photo. ok, now that that’s off my chest, i want to know what kind of sling costs $450?? for some fabric?? ok, now on to the point of the child support. yes, $5,000 is more than enough. BUT $60,000 a year doesn’t sound like a lot if he did make $11 million (isn’t CA a community property state?) IMHO

• Jus_Me :-) July 13, 2009 at 8:46 pm

She needs to go to target and get her baby things, instead of acting like a poser and living above her means.

“Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned”.lol.

• bck reader July 13, 2009 at 9:51 pm

and if she actually got a job, let’s say working at target, she could get her 10% employee discount. now looka there lol!

• mz. B July 13, 2009 at 11:35 pm

LOL…….. You guys are killin me with these comments!!!! But what Kelis wants makes since to me. The child is entitled to live the same “lifestyle ” as dad, however I think the kid could live very comfortable off of 5000 a month. Nas was right when he quoted Chris Rock when he said “all dads gets is the big piece of chicken (if he’s lucky)”. I died laughing when I read that!!!! I guess he spoke it into existence however, Kelis does not want him to get the big piece. Kelis is out for blood. I bet he wishes that he crushed up birth control pills and put them in her juice !!!!!! LOL

• Bunni July 13, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Well remember in her song, she said she’s bossy. So I guess that’s true.

• MrsUmar July 13, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Lmfao…I was thinking the exact same thing.

• TRINA July 13, 2009 at 6:16 pm

I Think Thats A Good Amount 2 Take Care Of The Baby. Cuz I’m Pretty Sure He Will Still Be Buying An Takin Care Of His Baby – The $5000, Sounds Like She Wants 2 Be Takin Care Of 2!!! Guess She Should Of Stayed In The Marrige.

• Kigali July 13, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Nas needs to get full and total custody.

• Realist July 14, 2009 at 1:15 pm

If the courts start telling these “GREEDY” women that due to the amount of money they’re asking for, the child would be better off with the fater & grant him custody, they’ll knock it off.

I don’t know any baby on earth that needs $20,000 worth of care (per month)! What’s with not one but two cribs? $5,000 per month is more than enough to still keep that baby flashy.

I luv crime t.v. & I hate to say it but I see why a lot of these white guys kill these women off when they want to move on. They know by the time they pay all she’s asking for, they’ll be homeless. It’s not right but a lot of it be behind money.

• Laydacris July 14, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Ummmm, Nas doesnt even pay for the child he already has!!!! He had to be taken to court for his daughter, so before you start making assumptions of Kelis as a mother, you need to watch Nas’ behaviour as a father! He didnt even pay for his daughter to attend his wedding as he said he didnt have enough money for her flight! So remember that! This is the same man that spent 100k on an engagement ring for her. This is his child!

• luvvieboo July 13, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Of course the baby is going to have healthcare, what she need 20,000 a month for is beyond me. Lemme see, starving children in every part of the world, recession, peeps with no income, schools in need,etc. All this selfish bish is thinking about is what she can get. Next time she will sing sumthin more decent instead of singing about her neck,back and crack. Cause her crack didn’t get her paid that much. Nas is gonna to be a good father and that’s gonna be a beautiful baby.

• Blue July 13, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Lol that was Khia not Kelis…unless she has a song that I don’t know about.

• InnocentCorruption203 July 13, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I’m not talking about the money she asking for thats OBVIOUSLY ridiculous, I’m talking about her request for a dula so she can have a natural birth and him buying a stroller, a baby sling, and a crib. Thats like saying the baby needs glasses and buying a pair of sneakers. A safe delivery should be his main concern not items she can receive for gifts at a baby shower. Once again YES the amount of money shes asking for is ridiculous but if she wants to give a natural birth I think he should atleast support her decision and go half.

• Shafeelinmii July 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm

She doesnt need a Dula [she] can have a nurse from the hosiptal like the rest of us!!!!!!!

• dangboo July 14, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Sorry boo, that was Khia’s song not Kelis…Kelis sang; Milkshake, Bossy, Trick Me, etc

• InnocentCorruption203 July 13, 2009 at 5:11 pm

What about paying for healthcare instead of buying strollers? Well I just hope they really try to create a healthy happy enviorment for their son. Can’t wait to see the pictures! (FYI KIMORA HURRY UP we would love to see baby Kenzo)

• InnocentCorruption203 July 13, 2009 at 5:50 pm

The girl asked for a dula so she can have a natural birth and he bought her a stroller………….hope you have insurance Kelis smdh

• tanisha July 13, 2009 at 4:14 pm

i can understand if kelis had an active singing career but she doesnt. she doesnt even do shows. all she does is pose on these unheard of magazine covers so i believe 80 grand a month is way pass excessive. why do you need 3500 baby nurse? take care of your own baby. why should he have to foot the bill for her lifestyle that may or may not happen( most likely not happen)? i dont think its fair that some women are just so greedy while others beg for support from the fathers. some women get no more than 300 a month and seem to make it just fine with a job. if he is going to pay her 5000 a month, and probably what ever else she needs then whats the problem? this is about the baby not about kelis.

• Bunni July 13, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I agree! it seems that she wants the money for herself, not her unborn child. so selfish.

• MrsUmar July 13, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Totally agree…Kelis needs to meet with real struggling single mothers who can’t get the fathers to do sh*t for their kids. 5 grand a month…sh*t I wish. I’d be happy with 50 dollars and a pack of now and laters.

• coco July 13, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Lmao @ a pack of now &laters. She sounds greedy and I really like kelis she needs to cut it out really.

• super mom July 14, 2009 at 9:26 am

MrsUmar, LMAO…I am so with you! I have 4 kids and I get $0 a month. I haven’t received a check in almost two years. I want to get help, but I would be happy if my ex at least paid for my daughter’s cell phone bill and and the boys haircuts. I work two jobs because I don’t have time to wait on him to come through. The kids wouldn’t eat or have shoes if we waited on him.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with Kelis wanting help from Nas, but it can’t be about her. When you are married you have the privilege of not working and staying home to care for your child if that’s what you and your husband agree on. As long as he is providing for his child, she should be good. If she wants more, then she needs to get out and work. The Bible says that if a man doesn’t work, then he doesn’t eat.

• Bunni July 13, 2009 at 4:13 pm

5,000 a month is good. what 20,000 what the frell is wrong with kelis. nobody needs 20,000 a month for frickin chid support.

• Nikki July 13, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Thats still a good Amount. But kelis shouldve did a better job with her money

• mz. B July 14, 2009 at 11:06 am

She may not have ever had much money ………. after all she only had 2 hits!!!