SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

OMAR EPPS TALKS ABOUT FATHERHOOD

omarepps“When it comes to parenting…nothing can prepare you” says actor Omar Epps in a new interview with WebMd. As the father of  three kids ages 9, 4, and 19 months, Omar certainly knows that parenting isn’t easy , but he does admit that being a parent is the “the greatest job in the world.”

Below are snippets from Omar’s recent interview with WebMd in which he talks about juggling fatherhood with the help of his wife singer Keisha Spivey.

On the most exciting part of fatherhood:

To see them learn something and to really see them go from zero to past zero.

On what he has learned from his children, daughter Aiyanna Yasmine,9,  daughter K’marie,4, and son Amir,19 months:

I have learned to keep my innocence. I am an artist, so I have it in me to find the wonder in life. My kids are also pretty disciplined and determined. If they set their mind to do something, they will accomplish it and that is pretty admirable.

On his tips for new dads:

When it comes to parenting, there are many books and a lot of helpful things, but nothing can really prepare you. Once you are driving that ship, it’s the hardest, yet greatest job in the world.

On who wakes up in the middle of the night to attend to the kids:

It’s tough. When I work, my wife sleeps in the one year old’s room. My hours are too crazy and I can’t deal with midnight wake ups, so we make do.

Click here to see a picture of Amir when he was seven months old

On balancing work and home life:

I feel blessed to do what I love and be able to make a living and take care of my family. It has been a great ride so far, so it’s kind of easy to find a balance.

Click Here to read more of this interview.

Photo:Newsday

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

11 Comments to “OMAR EPPS TALKS ABOUT FATHERHOOD”

• Win Free iPad February 20, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Thanks for writing this beneficial article. I’ll without a doubt come back later on to see more.

• coretta September 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm

now thats is sexyyyyyy!!!!

• luvvieboo July 22, 2009 at 10:37 am

I thought that was Brandy carrying Amir, he’s a fat cutie pie, plump cheeks. What a loving father,daddy,papa,pops,all the same.

• LC July 22, 2009 at 9:31 am

Yes Omar is sexy…he just seems to have so much charisma. Loved him in Love and Basketball..my favorite movie.

• county50 July 21, 2009 at 9:15 pm

lol mm he was fiiine in love & basketball lol i’ve been watching that movie all day lol i’ve never seen juice though…

• msfletch July 21, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Glad they don’t have their business out there like that. Seems as though MOST folks that’s always in the public eye never last long. I’m very happy for Keisha and Omar.

• Brooks July 21, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Yeah he had me in Love & Basketball…oh and The Wood when he was in that black tux.
    Keisha is a lucky girl!

• Realist July 21, 2009 at 11:29 am

He had me at In Too Deep & Love and Basketball. That’s a sexy piece of chocolate right there.

• memasniece July 21, 2009 at 10:46 am

i thought omar was so cute in juice

• InnocentCorruption203 July 21, 2009 at 12:41 pm

I concur my favorite sexy omar is when he was in juice. Wheres the pics of the kids?

• Khrish Hill July 26, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I think he was good in all of his roles that I have seen. He is a very special actor. I wish him continued success.