PHOTOS: EMILY B’S DAUGHTER CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH ’16 IN THE CITY’ BASH

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

ACTOR JEFFREY WRIGHT AND FAMILY

jeffreyfam

Actor Jeffrey Wright (R) and his family attended Michael Jackson’s 51st birthday celebration in Prospect Park hosted by Director Spike Lee on August 29, 2009. Jeffrey is best known for his roles in films Cadillac Records(Muddy Waters), W(General Colin Powell) and Quantum of Solace(Felix Leiter). Jeffrey’s wife, Carmen Ejogo, is also an actress. She has starred in films What’s the Worst That Could Happen?(Amber Belhaven), The Brave One (Jackie), and Pride and Glory(Tasha).

Jeffrey and Carmen and their two children reside in Brooklyn, NY.

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

28 Comments to “ACTOR JEFFREY WRIGHT AND FAMILY”

• preniecepooh May 4, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Most beautiful couple they look great together she is georgeous,he is handsome

• Susie December 28, 2009 at 3:17 pm

The Wright family are precious! And that pic with Jeffrey’s daughter on this shoulder is just too too much. His wife is attractive and youthful looking. They’re just a good-looking family.

• Getright September 25, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I love Carmen Ejogo! Seriously, no one talks about her enough. I think she was most beautiful in the mini-series, Sally Hemings: An American Scandal opposite Sam Neill as Thomas Jefferson. Ironically, Ejogo and Neill actually looked as if they could be a couple, it looked so natural on screen, so real. Anyway, she’s gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

• wow September 22, 2009 at 12:57 am

you all do your history on this couple.This is beautiful.They have been together for so long and have evening acting together.God bless you and your family =)

• Raquel September 4, 2009 at 9:25 pm

OMG!!!! I didn’t know he was married to Carmen?! And I don’t care what character he plays, I love him as an actor but his role in Shaft with Samuel Jackson as ‘Peoples’ is my all time favorite. I can hear him now “dis iz a hundred puh sent eh gypshun cotun” those are not typos!! Loved him in that movie. But seriously I have this urge to bite his daughters cheeks…..just delicious.

• BB September 1, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Carmen is gorgeous. She is dressed down here and still looks good.

That is a compliment for sure.

• doubled-leeshis August 31, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Did anybody peep the MJ look-a-like in the background of the first pic? LOL!

• Khrish September 1, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I saw it but just looked and moved along because Spike Lee was having a birthday celebration for MJ’s birthday and it’s just what one would exspect that many would come dressed like MJ.

• Dee August 31, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Wanna know great an actor he is? Check him out in Angels in America and the Manchurian Candidate with Denzel

• Khrish September 1, 2009 at 10:59 am

Boy you just keep reminding me of all the films that I have enjoyed with him have a role. He is just such a good actor. I would have loved to see him in the production done for the re-opening of the Lincoln Theater.

• Sane August 31, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Wait a minute! Foreal!!!? Jeffrey and Carmen!!? Who woulda THUNK it! I love it! This is beautiful. To co-sign a previous poster, I too loved them in Lackawanna Blues!

• Kiki August 31, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Love their daughter’s hair!

• JaBe August 31, 2009 at 12:44 pm

They both also played in The HBO movie King where Carmen played Coretta. Carmen also played in Queen(or one of the North v South period pieces). Love me some Jeffrey Wright!!!

• Nita August 31, 2009 at 11:40 am

Loved them both in Lackawanna Blues!

• Fine-N-Mellow August 31, 2009 at 10:53 am

I loved Jeffrey in Cadillac records, such a great actor.

• Khrish August 31, 2009 at 11:44 am

You are right. I had even forgotten about that one and it’s the last one I saw him in.

• universitychick August 31, 2009 at 10:53 am

wow they both played in that movie lackawanna blues(i loved that movie lol) i always wondered what his ethnicity was, maybe hispanic and black?

• lyric August 31, 2009 at 1:13 pm

He’s black. Grew up in D.C., I believe. Very smart, too–an Amherst grad.

• Khrish September 1, 2009 at 10:35 pm

What role did she play in Lackawanna Blues. I don’t remember her and I’ll have to watch it again so I can see her.

• preniecepooh May 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

She played little Rubens mother in Lackawanna blues.

• SheShe August 31, 2009 at 10:46 am

Khrish, everything you are saying I agree with. I first saw him on Shaft and than playing Dr. King. I feel the same way you do, he is a brilliant actor, and should be working more than he does. He can play any role, I honestly believed he was Latin in his role in Shaft until I saw him play Dr. King. He is amazing.

• Khrish August 31, 2009 at 11:42 am

I loved that part in Shaft. Especially when he was giving the boy the beeper and he was sitting in the bathroom. But he was brilliant in role of Dr. King. He was good in “W” as Colin Powell as well as his small role in LACKAWANNA BLUES?

• Khrish August 31, 2009 at 9:25 am

What a beautiful family. I love to see this man act. He has the the surpurb ability to inject himself so deeply into a character that the audience really belives that he is the character. The first time I actually saw him play was in “Shaft” and he had that character down pat, I thought; until I saw him play Dr. King in the HBO role. While he really looks nothing like King, he was so believable until he actually began to look like Dr. King to me. He is a fabulous actor and any time a movie includes his name I anxious to see it.

• Judd August 31, 2009 at 8:54 am

Now who is he again?

• universitychick August 31, 2009 at 10:53 am

you must be young…

• Virgie August 31, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Or just plain living in a van down by the river without TV, entertainment mags, or the Internet.

• J September 3, 2009 at 6:25 pm

ever watched Shaft (Samuel L Jackson remake)? He played the character “Peoples”

• InnocentCorruption203 August 31, 2009 at 8:25 am