SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

SKYE TOWNSEND CELEBRATES HER SWEET 16

skye2

Skye Townsend celebrated her 16th birthday a few days ago. Skye’s dad, actor Robert Townsend, threw his daughter a bash to remember!

Skylar “Skye” Townsend, who was born on September 1st, 1993, is an aspiring singer,poet and actress. In all,Robert has three children with ex-wife Cheri Jones:daughters Sierra Taylor Townsend and Skylar Townsend and son Isaiah. Some of you may remember Robert from WB Network’s sitcom The Parent ‘Hood (1995).

Check out Skye’s Youtube channel!

Photos:EricLennStromphotography.com

Tags : Posted in : Actors

53 Comments to “SKYE TOWNSEND CELEBRATES HER SWEET 16”

• Me April 13, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Wait…she look familiar…is this the same chick that used to do the Beyonce and Rhianna parodies with her friend? MAN them joints was FUN-NY!!!

• isa October 17, 2009 at 12:31 pm

wow people, this was skylar’s BIG DAY. your really raining on her parade. the dress looks completely fine, if her parents ALLOWED her to wear the dress to her own party, then whats is the big deal?!

• LuvUrself September 21, 2009 at 11:58 pm

lol.after reading the comments in here.you all are too funny.I hardly get on these forum things and comment b/c I have too much in my own life to deal with.The previous comment I made is not me hating but stating my opinion and agreeing with some already stated.there is a difference betwn hating and stating an opinion.please differentiate the two.Cj hun state your opinion and dont allow little children to bully you.I am agreeing with you CJ.He didn’t say anything bad since he did agree that she is pretty.just that the dress isn’t appropriate for that age.Period

• ob2be September 7, 2009 at 9:41 pm

isn’t that the dress that ciara wore in the music video with 50cent? And the dress is a bit “grown up” for a 16 year old.

• Felicia September 7, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Skye is a beautiful young lady.

• mlm September 7, 2009 at 8:31 am

dang robert townsend is aging nicely. that weight looks good on him.

• Suitepuma September 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Speaking of Sweet Sixteen and daughters with famous dads…

BCK, you should do a post on Teddy Riley’s daughter, Taja Riley… she is currently burning up the dance scene!

• I_Gat_ur_man September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

I looked up her youtube channel, the girl CAN blow…. she has an amazing voice for a 16 yr. old… I would buy her album or maybe download it LOL!

• iambest September 6, 2009 at 5:53 pm

everybody who said the girl can blow you’re right tha girl can BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went on her page i was like damn.tha girl can blow.her friend angelique[lique] can blow too.theysing act,sing,model,do comedy,write songs,and do poetry.the girls are good.happy b-day skye.big fan.

• Brownskin_Lady September 4, 2009 at 5:14 pm

I personally like the dress. Compared to what I see young ladies her age wearing on a regular basis this dress is harmless. It’s a party dress for goodness sakes. Besides, i’m pretty sure her dad was there keeping his eye on all of those knuckle headed boys lol.

• naiyaj September 4, 2009 at 9:26 am

Such a Pretty Girl!

• CJ September 4, 2009 at 8:28 am

I normally do not comment on the photos, or make any comments about what other individuals have said. However, I felt the need to comment on this one. I can understand why the comments were made about the outfit being too “grown”. While she is 16, 2 years away from being a legal adult….she is still just a child, and the outfit that she has on is not appropriate for someone her age. Even though she may look fabulous in it. That is something that an adult should wear. Not a child!!! The outfit is cute, I agree. Yes, she does look beautiful in it. Nonetheless that does not excuse that fact that she is still only 16. She could look cute in booty shorts and a cut off shirt, and that would not make the outfit any more appropriate. With that said, I am not hating…I am just stating what should be more obvious to everyone. Just because someone has the body to wear something, does not mean that they should wear it.

• Khrish September 4, 2009 at 10:07 am

Excuse you. She has parents who appear to be guite involved in her life. If the outfit passed their inspection that’s all that matters. Some people just look at the pictures to find negatives.

• CJ September 4, 2009 at 11:32 am

I didn’t look at the picture to specifically point out a negative. Nor am I challenging the judgement of her parents. Some parents think it is okay to let their 15 year olds drink alcohol with friends in their home because they think it is a way to keep them safe….that does not make it right or appropriate. The same can be said about a parents judgement of what they deem appropriate for their child to wear. My opinion on if her outfit was appropriate, is simply that MY opinion. She is an adorable little girl, and I am sure her parents have done a wonderful job in raising her. It still does not make me think that what she is wearing is appropriate for a 16 year old.

• Lou September 4, 2009 at 12:11 pm

CJ, YOU NEED TO SHUTUP, it isn’t that damn serious. I know this girl. She doesnt smoke, drink, have sex, or party hard she didn’t do anything wrong! If anything she’s one of the coolest young girls i know. She looks older all the time so it’s just a stupid dress. Move on, NEXT!

• Pisces September 5, 2009 at 11:50 am

Is Lou really Skye’s Dad in disguise?

• miznyc September 5, 2009 at 5:00 pm

CJ – I agree with you completely. Skye looks beautiful and yet I still feel like that is kind of grown for a 16 year old. I haven’t been 16 in a while so maybe I’m out the loop. lol. I am amazed at how hard people are coming down on others for thinking that.

• SASSYKITKITTY September 4, 2009 at 8:16 am

Hi Skye, your a beautiful young lady I must add and I hope you enjoyed your Birthday.I’m interested in knowing who is the designer behind that dress?I love it and want to purchase one.

• Tareyah September 4, 2009 at 7:47 am

This post makes me want to watch The Meteor Man. I love Skye, she’s so talented!

• yo September 4, 2009 at 12:35 am

Her and Solange could be sisters! They look alike.

• TayLaurMatt September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Yall need to stop hatin actin like you are something, you probably dont even know her….just jealous of her talent and her party

• Skye September 3, 2009 at 9:52 pm

thank you so much everyone! and regarding the dress, well i liked it..its all that matters lol!

• Yazmin September 3, 2009 at 8:46 pm

People this girl is 16 NOT 10 she doesn’t have to dress like a child so stop trying to put her in a box….she looks fine

• KEEYSHA.J September 3, 2009 at 8:31 pm

VERY CUTE GIRL HAPPY SWEET 16TH.

• Skyes Friend September 3, 2009 at 7:27 pm

she looks great. people need to stop hatingg ASAP.

• Skye September 3, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Thank you for posting this, i am flattered. :D however, i don’t usually come on here and leave comments but .. anything can be said about me, but that’s my dad.. And i respect him so much so please have respect for him as well. I am so grateful he threw the party and had a blast. He is 51 and in great health, still running & teaching me so much everyday. My dad, teacher, & twin. So please, only nice comments or just nothing at all… Thanks again for the feature, i had a wonderful time.

• babygirl September 3, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Skye, happy birthday. As you can see, most of the comments on here are positive. Any comments that are negative are strictly from envious individuals. Unfortunately these individuals exist in the world and so just keep doing you and stay beautiful.

• Pisces September 7, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I know. I agree with the kissing up part!

• melanie September 7, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Back up off of her…HATERS!!!!”

• Taneyya September 3, 2009 at 7:10 pm

21 OR 31? you’re a goddamn hater, that girl is beautiful!! and the dress is gorgeous! it’s clear she looks older already.. happy birthday hunny!

• Midnite September 3, 2009 at 6:02 pm

I thought maybe she turned 21 or 31, Cute girl though

• MixtryMama September 3, 2009 at 4:35 pm

I like the dress. I’ve seen it on Posh Spice and Ciara–it was something similar, anyway.

• ModelChic September 3, 2009 at 4:12 pm

WOW :) I haven’t seen him since ‘Parenthood’ days. His daughter is gorgeous and I love the H.L. dress. It may be a bit much for a 16-year-old but I doubt dad lets her walk around like that everyday.

• universitychick September 3, 2009 at 4:11 pm

this girl can BLOW case yall didnt know, robert got old i see…

• Khrish September 3, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Where can I get to hear her. I always remember her father being the one who really knew how to use a credit card. LOL he is funny and she it just too pretty.

• Lady Troublesome September 3, 2009 at 6:18 pm

She’s on YouTube under the name: xskyisnumba1x

• Khrish September 4, 2009 at 10:00 am

thanks so much for the info.

• babygirl September 3, 2009 at 6:23 pm

or you can take a look at the link that bck left above:”check out Skye’s Youtube channel”

• Toni September 3, 2009 at 4:11 pm

she’s gorgeous, congrats!

• MrsUmar September 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Beautiful young lady…

• Zineca September 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm

She has her father’s smile. Beautiful girl! Happy sweet sixteen!

• LisaLisa September 3, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Now that is a grown looking outfit!

• Ty September 3, 2009 at 8:03 pm

I didn’t know you were the morality police. Lol.

Exactly how old should one be before you wear
      a “grown looking” outfit?

And what is wrong with wearing a “grown” outfit?

• melanie September 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Hey Skylar is my girl!, She is the bomb! I’ve been knowing the family every since skylar was in diapers. The outfit FITS her! Back up off of her.

• Melanie ! September 18, 2009 at 4:53 am

Too much cleavage for 16 and too much thigh for 16, that’s what makes it too grown. Knowing her is fine, and I’m sure she’s a fine young lady. But the outfit is TOO MUCH.

• Flukey September 23, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I agree.

• Skyes Friend September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm

is it grown because its a outfit you want but could never pull off or even afford ? think about it ..

• Ms'girl September 3, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Why is he too old to have a 16yr old daughter??

• babygirl September 3, 2009 at 8:42 pm

How old are you, hun? From your comments, you sound a bit young. If he were 50, then that would mean he had her at about 34, which is a perfect time to have kids if you are a guy.

Your comment comes off as a bit immature dear.

Skye is beautiful and her dad seems great.

• Leo September 3, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Maybe he waited until he was mentally mature to have a family, instead of having them as soon as (or before)he left high school. Better a mature 50-odd year old man with a 16 year old daughter than a 30-odd year old man-child, in my opinion.

• TayLaurMatt September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm

how is he tooo old my mom is 50 and has aa twelve year old…stop hatin.

• taylor September 3, 2009 at 10:16 pm

he is not too old, my mom is 50 and has a twelve year old.

• Khrish September 4, 2009 at 10:09 am

I suppose in this day and time when babies are having babies,it’s hard for you to imagine that some people did wait until they felt ready to have children. If 50 is old to you I assume you are very young.