SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

MARY J BLIGE: “I WOULDN’T ADOPT”

maryjblige

Don’t expect singer Mary J. Blige to add to her brood any time soon. The singer , who has three bonus kids with her husband Kendu Isaacs, has said in the past that she doesn’t plan on having any children of her own. In addition, she doesn’t think she’ll ever adopt.

“I don’t think I’ll do foster care or adopt, to be quite honest,” the singer, 38, said at a children’s event where she was honored. “I barely have time for my own children. To adopt more children and not have time for them, that [would be] poor parenting on my [part].”

Click here to see more pictures from this set

“I wouldn’t adopt, but what I will do is give my time and go and try to be there for people,” she added.

As for her children with Kendu Isaacs, Mary says that her daughter  Jordan, 11, and son Nas, 10 are working hard on their goals.

“One [Jordan] is a film director already – she’s working on it. That’s her goal. And the other [Nas] is a philosopher, a public speaker. He speaks very well already.”

Kendu also has an older daughter named  Brianna, 23.

Source

Tags : Posted in : MARY J BLIGE

26 Comments to “MARY J BLIGE: “I WOULDN’T ADOPT””

• cookie November 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm

nothing but respect if you have time for stepchildren make time for yours. we no u love children.u no kendu is a good father think about love u 2

• storm October 1, 2009 at 11:32 am

If Mary doesn’t want any children — from her own body or from adoption — I respect that. Of course, it is HER decision. So, how can anyone else make judgements. (And those on here who have, should be ashamed.)

Her bonus children are cuties. The boy looks just like his daddy to me.

Continue to be happy, Mary J!

• Judd September 28, 2009 at 8:09 am

Cute kids..

• hotbeaver69 September 27, 2009 at 1:45 am

since when are stepchildren called bonus kids, all my life they were referred to as stepchildren. and i agree, when a woman, such as myself, elect not to have children, ignorant people always asking me, don’t you want children or can’t you have children, have you ever been pregnant. wow, i don’t ask any of them don’t they have or don’t they use birth control. i didn’t grow up in the age of no birth control. people are so shallow. get a life of your own then you can just let other people live theirs.

• neenee September 30, 2009 at 2:13 pm

who are you referring too…because if your comments are aimed at me maybe you should read what i actually said again??

i never said she couldn’t have kids nor did i judge her choice of lifestyle… i clearly stated something that i heard,
      the fact that you took it soo seriously suggests that you have some sort of issues with the subject??

this is a forum for comments and all i did is clearly state mine.

• luvbug September 26, 2009 at 5:55 pm

THOSE KIDS R ADORABLE AND LEAVE THAT BOY ALONE, MAYBE HE DIDNT WANNA USE LOTION.

• Violet September 26, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I find it funny how people automatically assume women want kids and if not it is because they can’t. I have friends who can have kids if they wanted them but they just do not wish to be a mother. To each their own. And, whether Mary can or can’t have them does not affect any of our lives unless your name is Kendu so let’s work on staying out of others business and work on improving our own.

Oh yeah…cute kids.

• Shanice September 25, 2009 at 9:08 pm

I hear you Mary! I have 12(going on 13) nieces and nephews. No multiples, 4 older siblings. About 8 of them I wuz very hands on with. Almost a live-in nanny to all of them, especially the one’s who are 2,3,&5 now. I love them to death, but since my 3 one, my first niece, I’ve said I don’t want any. Been saying it for 13 years and I’m not changing my mind.

Her kids remind me of the cutie off of Honey, Zachary something wuz his real name. Cute kids. My 10 year old nephew tries 2 go out like dat all da time. My family doesn’t stand for it. LOL

• Leo September 25, 2009 at 8:13 pm

I respect her honesty. She could have been one of those countless celebrities who coo about wanting to adopt because it’s the PC thing to say, but she spoke her mind and heart.

• MrsUmar September 25, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Beautiful children…

• BCKay September 25, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I barely have time for my own children. To adopt more children and not have time for them, that would be poor parenting on my part.

Bravo! Mary for telling the truth about your life many people in your position don’t talk this way. They make it seem as if their life is easy and in reality they don’t have time for their own children and there are alot of poor parenting with many of these people. Many of these people don’t adopt children, they actually have these children.

Bravo! Mary that was real talk that u was talking the only person that i can think of that told the truth about parenting was Julio Iglesias and this man deserves an award. He said somethings that no one would ever say. Bravo Julio! Bravo!

• KEEYSHA.J September 25, 2009 at 4:59 pm

CUTE KIDS ALWAYS HAVE BEEN,BUT I FEEL MARY ON THIS AND I DONT WANT ANY KIDS EITHER ITS JUST SO MUCH GOING ON THESE DAYS.

• Khrish September 25, 2009 at 4:38 pm

I very much respect her opinion not to adopt or have children. She knows what is best for her. She really doesn’t owe anyone a reason for her personal life goals. I think she is one artist who really grew and matured into a wonderful woman. Much respect to her.

• m-dot September 25, 2009 at 2:45 pm

The kids are adorable. Kendu has an adult daughter who is also fond of Mary, so she seems to have a great ready-made family. Good for her!

• Steffie September 26, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Kendu does have another daughter but he was not involved in her life and she doesn’t even have his last name. And she doesn’t have a relationship with Mary or Kendu.

• Realist September 25, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I’m a Mary fan (luv her style). I also respect her honesty.

Side Note: Her husband is unattractive to me but his children are adorable.

I was reading another comment that states her step-children live with them (didn’t know that). If that is the case, wonder if there is another reason behind Mary not wanting children (of her own).

• neenee September 25, 2009 at 3:12 pm

quite a few people told me years ago that she cant actually have any,
      which is probably part of the whole “i dont want any kids” statement

• sexy t September 25, 2009 at 3:26 pm

At least she’s being honest. A lot of celebrities these days don’t have the time it takes to raise there children, that’s why so many nannies are doing the job they should be doing. Her children are beautiful

• Monica September 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I just don’t think Mary wants any kids. People need to leave her alone.

• Janay September 25, 2009 at 12:44 pm

yall need to quite it…lol…that means he fresh out of the shower

• Toni September 25, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I respect and understand what she’s saying, but isn’t raising her husband’s children some form of adoption? They aren’t hers biologically, and they are living with her.

• shesallthat September 26, 2009 at 9:34 am

i agree – what does she think helping to raise her husbands kids is if NOT adoption?? i have always wondered if something horrible happened to her in her past that made it physically impossible to have kids or just her rough life that turned her off to it. she made comments way before getting married – to a man with kids!! – about not wanting to be anyone’s mother.
      either way she knows what she does not want and is sticking to it. i respect that.

• Kiki September 25, 2009 at 9:45 am

Yea, little man needs to befriend some vaseline! I love how she refers to them as her children.

• Amber Gray September 25, 2009 at 8:44 am

She’s being honest. I respect that.

The children are cute! Lil’ man is a bit ashy though! LOL

• Sherley September 25, 2009 at 1:23 pm

That is boys for you. Unlike girls, they do not care about how they look when they leave the house, as long as they are comfortable. Don’t let me get started on my son.

• GWEN January 21, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I LUV MARY BUT I BELIVE SHE CANT HAVE KIDS OF HER OWN CUZ ANY ONE MARRIED TO A GREAT MAN WOULD WANT AT LEAST ONE FROM HER HUSBAND