PHOTOS: EMILY B’S DAUGHTER CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH ’16 IN THE CITY’ BASH

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

VIDEO: DARIUS RUCKER FEATURES HIS KIDS

darius

On Last night’s CMA show, former Hootie and the Blowfish singer Darius Rucker became the first African-American to win the “Best New Artist” award.  Without a doubt, Darius has hit singles like “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It” and “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” to thank for his prestigious award. Above is the video for “It Won’t Be Like This For Long”, which features Darius and his three kids:Cary, Dani and Jack

darius2

Darius the Dad and husband…

On wife, Beth: “She worked at VH1, and she was in charge of taking care of us at a show once. We met there but didn’t really start going out for three years [laughs]. I don’t think she liked me too much.”

On 13-year-old daughter, Cary: “She’s grown into a beautiful, wonderful, smart woman. She makes me proud to be her dad, and I love her. She’s funny, talented, smart and all the things you want your kids to be.”

On 7-year-old daughter, Dani: “She wants to learn the guitar, so she’s going to start lessons soon. I want them all to play something. Be like multi-virtuosos and we can have a rockin’ family band!”

On 4-year-old son, Jack: “He’s a little flirt! He’s my boy; he’s a good kid, he’s got a lot of personality. He’s a lot like his dad — he’s got my sense of humor. He’s always trying to be funny.”

Interview and pictures courtesy of TheBoot.com

31 Comments to “VIDEO: DARIUS RUCKER FEATURES HIS KIDS”

• Vanessa February 16, 2011 at 11:51 am

I love his music, country and Hootie most of all. What a beautiful family he has, he is such a blessed man.

• JadeDiamond November 22, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I like country music and i use to listen to alot of his songs, he’s very good. Nice looking family.

His lil boy reminded me somewhat of Boris Becker’s youngest son from his first wife when the kid was a bit younger.

• Mina January 26, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Beautiful family. I like the fact that Darius is encouraging his children’s interests. Has anyone ever noticed that most of the more famous singers have larger than average mouths.

• Nana December 29, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Jinni, Carol Channing’s dad was half African American, look it up. Some of US have big mouths. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Nana December 29, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Jinni, Carol Channing’s dad was half African American, look it up. Big mouth and all, soooooooooooooooooooooo

• Darius Rucker - Family Man and Best New Artist | Famecrawler November 16, 2009 at 1:02 pm

[...] Source SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: “Darius Rucker Best New Artist – Already Best Dad”, url: “http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/2009/11/16/darius-rucker-best-new-artist-already-best-dad/” }); Related Posts:Heidi Klum Says Losing Baby Weight IS Easy [...]

• rudi November 16, 2009 at 7:45 am

the boy looks so much like Boris becker’s youngest son!!!

• Felicia November 15, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Darius children are adorable.

• Luvbug November 15, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I like Hootie, cute family.

• Rae November 13, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Oh, that little boy is so inexplicably precious.

• kb November 12, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Aww his Kids are cute. I am so happy he decided to go solo. I was so happy to see him win at the CMT’s last night…. I love country music too – fell in love with it when I attended college down south

• Stormy November 12, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I never listened to Darius Rucker when he was Hootie. But I listen to him now all of the time. I do listen to country !!! I think Dani and Jack look just like him !!! All of the kids are cute though !!!

• Melissa November 12, 2009 at 2:30 pm

WOW…REALLY BEAUTIFUL, I AM GLAD TO SEE A BLACK COUNTRY MUSIC

ARTIST. WE ARE TALENTED IN EVERY GENRE. BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW FAMILY!

CONGRATS HOOTIE!

• LEISALLE November 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm

that lil boys is super cute love his smile. is it me or as i read what he said about each kid the sec daughter he didnt say much and the others he ahd different character traits and their uniquiness ( if thats a wrd)

• jinni November 12, 2009 at 1:54 pm

His son reminds me of Carol Channing (Hello Dolly!) with his big mouth.

• BB November 12, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Jinni (shaking my head). Comparing that baby’s mouth to that woman’s. Intentionally or unintentionaly mean–fess up :-)

• jinni November 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm

I wasn’t trying to be mean; just making an observation.

• Moniqkwa November 13, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Don’t apologize. You are right too. Same mouth.

• Pisces November 12, 2009 at 1:18 pm

That boy has a big mouth! Cute though!

• Khrish November 12, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I heard about the award and I just have to hear him sing the country western stuff.

• Monique November 12, 2009 at 11:41 am

I love Darious! I’m a big country music fan (Dixie Chicks in particular). Don’t knock it till you try it!

Side note: Aren’t there some people who you just KNOW are going to marry outside their race? lol. His family is gorgeous though.

• Erin November 12, 2009 at 12:59 pm

I have to admit I was not surprised to see that his wife was wife, but then again I think his ex is black (the mother of his oldest daughter).

• BCKFAN November 12, 2009 at 11:36 am

not Ben Harper, but Ben Harper’s son. As far as this dude’s music…..

• BCKFAN November 12, 2009 at 11:11 am

His son sorta looks like Ben Harper.

• BB November 12, 2009 at 11:09 am

Cute couple, cute kids! Some country music is cool by me. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

• RibbonInTheSky November 12, 2009 at 11:04 am

I actually saw some of the award show and I caught his performance. It was a really good performance and the other artist and the fans really seemed to like him. When he received his award, he thanked everyone for accepting him. He was very humble. I’m not a big country music fan but I enjoy some of the music and I’m thinking about buying his cd. I wish him the best in his career.

His family is beautiful. His son is such a cutie.

• Erin November 12, 2009 at 11:03 am

Congrats to him! His family is beautiful.

• universitychick November 12, 2009 at 10:45 am

his kids are all cuties, but i dont like country music…

• Deedra November 12, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I listen to some country music but not alot…He actually sounds pretty good to me…Nice Family

• Meena November 12, 2009 at 10:42 am

Such a sweet family. I love his baby boy’s big beautiful smile!

• BrwnSantiLove November 12, 2009 at 12:22 pm