TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

RHONDA ROSS OPENS UP ABOUT BEING A NEW MOM

diana

Earlier this year, Blackcelebkids.com announced that actress Rhonda Ross(in the black dress), the daughter of the legendary Diana Ross, was pregnant with her first child. Rhonda has since given birth to her baby, a baby boy named Raif-Henok Emmanuel Kendrick, born on August 7th, 2009.  The new mom recently sat down with BrezzyMama as well BVonline to talk about motherhood.

On being a new mom:

I am completely in love with my newborn son, Raif. I knew I was going to be. I’ve wanted to be a mother for a long time, but –like most parents– the depth and scope of my love for this child simply takes my breath away. My husband and I are loving every minute of it!

On whether or not grandma Diana Ross has babysat:

This is my mother’s first grandchild and, suffice to say, she is having a BALL! She was by my side throughout the entire pregnancy and birth and now, though she still travels and tours, she spends all of her free time with her new grandson! We’ve done all the “firsts” together…first diaper change, first feedings, first bath. It’s been so amazing!

On whether or not Diana Ross sings to Raif:

Not only does my mother sing to Raif, but she wrote a gorgeous song for him! It will probably be on her next record. When she sang it to me, I cried.

Raif LOVES music. Okay…I know he’s only 3 months old, but he really loves it!! Not only do I play music for him all the time – all kinds: Jazz, Gospel, and Classical, but we put him in his bouncy seat near Rodney’s piano while he practices and, even at 3 months old, he listens and watches for 20 – 30 minutes at a time! He even seems to tap his foot! Like an adult, my son is mesmerized by the sounds that his father pulls out of that instrument. It’s quite amazing to witness.

Read more about life with Raif at BreezyMama.com

On balancing motherhood with work:

They say if you want to get something done – give it to a busy person! I am a very good manager of my schedule and am very efficient with my time and attention. I spend my moments deliberately — I try not to “waste” any of them. I don’t gab away on the phone with “nothing to say,” I watch little to no television and when I do, it’s an intentionally chosen program or movie — usually inspirational or educational.

The first thing I do is get real. There are simply not enough hours in the day to do everything. I do the parts that require my personal attention and delegate the rest! I am very blessed to have help where I want it. For instance, I have a wonderful housekeeper and recently I have been ordering meals from Fresh Direct (cleaning and cooking have been a challenge with a newborn), but I don’t have a baby nurse or a nanny — my husband and I are very hands on with our son and feel strongly about doing everything regarding him ourselves.

Also, I prioritize. I believe that my health and happiness come first because if I don’t feel good, if I’m not healthy, I can’t manage everything and everyone else. I make sure to sleep enough (yes, even with a 3 month old!), I eat well, exercise, meditate and pray daily. This gives me a foundation on which to build.

Read more about how Rhonda balnces work and business at BVOnline.com

Tags : , Posted in : ActorsBirths

24 Comments to “RHONDA ROSS OPENS UP ABOUT BEING A NEW MOM”

• Grammy Awards: Exclusive Winners List! | DJ K Threat February 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

[...] sing to Raif, but she wrote a gorgeous song for him,” Rhonda Ross, Diana’s daughter, said about the bond between her mother – who’s set to receive a vaunted Grammy Lifetime [...]

• Rick December 10, 2009 at 11:55 am

Seems Diana has raised 5 beautiful children….I see alot of Diana in Rhonda…a very organized woman….I can now understand why Michael Jackson would want Diana to raise his children, when and if his mother can’t. First, just look at her own children, beautiful, respectful, and successful…that is what every parent wants for their children. Second, Diana is a very rich woman , who could and would be a great influence in Michael’s childrens lives. I now see the difference in Diana when it comes to her career and children, she has balanced that with effiency and care. Kudos to the Ross Family, what a great inspiration you are to others!

• raquchel December 8, 2009 at 11:25 am

very beautiful family
    Gods blessings is showwing !!!!!!God bless

• misnonofyoobusiness November 25, 2009 at 6:42 pm

SOMEBODY ALREADY TOLD YOU,MISLUVBUG, THAT THIS CHILD IS DIANA’S FIRST GRAND. ANYWAY, I THINK DIANA’S CHILDREN ARE HOLDING BACK FROM HAVING THEIR OWN IS BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO IT. PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP, AT LEAST MANY OF THEM, WHEN IT COMES TO PROCREATING A FAMILY. I THINK DIANA’S YOUNGEST DAUGHTER IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE OF HER GIRLS. HOPE THE OTHER CHILDREN OF MIS ROSES’S HAVE AT LEAST ONE CHILD SINCE THEY CAN AFFORD THEM.

• Luvbug November 22, 2009 at 10:31 pm

DIANNA FAMILY IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I WANNA SEE THAT BABY, I KNOW IT IS A BEAUTIFUL BABY. IS THIS DIANNA’S FIRST GRANDBABY?

• Lisette November 20, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Rhonda seems like she has it together. Diana has a beautiful family.

• GivetheStoreAway November 22, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I agree. I enjoyed reading this entry on Rhonda and seeing the pic of Ms. Ross and her kids. Wonderful.

• Khrish November 20, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Thanks for the article. I have wanted to know if the baby had been born. I know the whole family is happy. The girls were basically the big sister/nannies to those boys. I’m sure that’s hard for Evan, who has been the baby of the family for so long. LOL. I can hardly wait to see pictures. Rhonda looks just like her mother when she first came to Motown and Traci looks just like her mother now. I feel quite sure that the three girls’ father will be involved, because he loved those girls and always insisted that Rhonda was his.

• Kiki November 20, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Loved this article. Rhonda is beautiful inside and out and her hair ROCKS!! You don’t see her whining a/b not having a black man b/c of lighter skinned women. She is a true representation of black beauty and has obviously found a man to appreciate that. She is not walking around trying to emulate European beauty standards with a head full of silky weave. I commend her for that and this is the type role model I want for my daughters.

• Khrish November 20, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I think all of the Ross children are quite grounded and that seemed to be the way Mrs. Ross reared them. Evan is the only one not in University, I think, he’s not in yet but he is supposed to be there and I know Diana and the others are giving him, what for, if he isn’t. The older boy looks just like his father and seems quite serious in Earth Science.

• Big Blue November 20, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Don’t forget that Rhoda Ross’ son is also Berry Gordy’s grandson, too. How does Berry interact with his grandson?

• SweetDiva November 23, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Probably the same way he interacted with his daughter. From a distance.

• Nicole November 25, 2009 at 1:12 am

Well, to his credit, Rhonda was a teenager when she found out Berry Gordy was her dad. I imagine he found out for certain around the same time. I think it’s hard to pull a relationship like that out of nowhere when the stepfather was probably a good dad and an all-around decent man. In that way she *had* a dad already.

As much crap as I like to give Diana Ross (for stuff that isn’t any of my business), she seems like a great mom.

• Pisces November 20, 2009 at 3:00 pm

After reading this article it is much more clear to me why Michael Jackson elected Diana Ross to be back up guardian to take care of his children.

She did a fantastic job rearing her brood. She is a resilient lady having survived divorces, being a single Mom at times, and the passing of her sons Dad.

Though she’s had a few hairy times in the press in recent years, she has maintained her glamourous professional image and is aging gracefully. She’s weathered much and has faired so much better than many of the other Motown legends she came up with in the entertainment industry.

Michal knew what he was doing when he gave her a place next to his mother in his Will.

• Deedra November 20, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Out of all of Diana Ross’ kids Tracee Ross looks the most like her. I can’t believe it’s her 1st grandchild…by the way I love the name Raif.

• universitychick November 20, 2009 at 5:47 pm

i too cant believe this is diana’s first grandchild, all her children are very grown

• Toni A. November 20, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Can’t wait to see baby pics!

• Mrs. Assis November 20, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I loved this article very informative and inspiring. Thanks!

• The SoSelphish 1 November 20, 2009 at 11:55 am

Happy for her!!

She seems to have a radiant personality…

but ummm… that young man on the end is very nice looking

• NikNak November 20, 2009 at 11:16 am

Rhonda’s hair is GORGEOUS! She’s is Berry Gordy’s daughter too right?

• Big Blue November 21, 2009 at 9:43 am

Shhh! It is a Motown secret. So don’t tell anyone!

• Pisces November 21, 2009 at 11:31 am

;). LOL!

• trixie November 20, 2009 at 11:02 am

I am happy for her. I would love to see some pictures of the baby.

• Jas November 20, 2009 at 10:50 am

Great article…I particularly like this line “I spend my moments deliberately — I try not to “waste” any of them. I don’t gab away on the phone with “nothing to say,” I watch little to no television and when I do, it’s an intentionally chosen program or movie — usually inspirational or educational.”

Very inspiring to read.

Congratulations to Rhonda and her family!