OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

A CHARITABLE FAMILY: RACHEL ROY AND DAUGHTERS

rachel

Designer Rachel Roy is pictured with her daughters Ava,10, and Tallulah Ruth,soon to be two years old, Dash(Dad is businessman Damon Dash). Meanwhile, the mom of two is on a mission to bring clean water to families across the world.

“Through my travels abroad I have seen first hand the extreme hardship and devastation caused by lack of clean water. I have watched little girls, much younger than my 10 year old daughter Ava, get up before the sun and walk for miles, alone and unsafe, to get clean water in one bucket for their families. My birthday wish is to give the gift of water to those who need it so very badly. In lieu of spending any money on a dinner or a party or presents, I am asking people to donate to my charity: water campaign and help make my birthday the best I have ever had- by helping to provide clean water- with your help we can give 750 people, 150 families and 3 communities clean water,” said Rachel about her charity: My Charity Water.

Rachel was planning to travel to Africa with her daughter Ava this week, but has postponed it due to an unexpected family emergency.

Visit MyCharityWater.org today!

Follow Rachel on twitter today!

Tags : Posted in : Celebrity Foundations

29 Comments to “A CHARITABLE FAMILY: RACHEL ROY AND DAUGHTERS”

• BrwnSantiLove January 15, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Beautiful picture

• Anabelle January 13, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Correction! Tallulah looks like a beautiful little black/Indian/Dutch Princess!

• KEEYSHA.J January 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm

THEY SO CUTE.

• Liane January 13, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Very, very nobel Rachel…what cute girls! Tallulah is growing so fast! How beautiful she looks like an Indian princess.

• KHRISH January 13, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Well there’s gotta be WOMEN willing to help him cheat.

• Anabelle January 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Tallulah has grown up so much. I love her name. Ava is a pretty little girl.

• magnolia89 January 12, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I always loved ava, i remember when i was younger and I saw the rocawear ad on bet. i just thought she was so cute and her other little girl tallauh is just so pretty. I like rachel also she a very good fashion designer and it looks like she raises her girls well.

• blue January 12, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Are u sure the baby is one? She looks a lot older, maybe 2.

• universitychick January 12, 2010 at 7:23 pm

that little one is a DOLL

• Zee January 13, 2010 at 2:09 am

I agree. Although I didn’t really see it in earlier pictures, Tallulah is stunning.

• Mena January 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Cute girls. Damon Dash really need to get his act together. He cheated on Rachel and also has a son outside of their relationship/marriage. Neither Aaliyah or Rachel needed him. Even though I liked Dame and Aaliyah as a couple. It seems like he lost himself after her death. I really miss Aaliyah. She inspired me ad I use to try to dress like her and I had long hair and would wear my hair like hers. I know this don’t have nothing to do with these girls but it jsut brought back some memories.

Anyways I am glad Rachel moved on with her life and wish her well. The girls are cute and adorable. I miss Aaliyah, her style (clothes and hair wise) and I miss her music. I hope Damon Dash get back on track with his life and career to greatness one day soon.

Peace & I’m out!

• Tianabloo January 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Wow! 1 Years old! She is tall she looks like she’s 3. Lol and she’s def grown into a beautiful little girl (to be honest I never thought she was a cute baby :( ) and I can’t figure out if Ava looks like Dame or Rachel. Lol I think it depends on what angle I catch her from, but the baby is Dame all the way. Just look at that nose. Lol :)

• starr08 January 13, 2010 at 12:46 am

yeea im soo haPPy she is dOing this! because if I had the MONEY I wouLd def. be doing the saMe maan. maybe i wiLL do this for my 20th bday insTead of receiving pResents. :)

@JoneLLa: preach preach pReach! im TiRed of aLL theSe damn RACIST dumb comments. peopLe nEEd 2 get it 2gether and sTop worrying about sKin coLor and face features. SHES a CUTE BABY! yyy does she have to be noTiced as an individuaL with “GOOD haiR” and Ligh skiNNed! pLeeeazze..get outtA heRe!! i agree with ya.

@TianabLoo: i thought she was about 3 or oLder too. lol.. she may be taLLer than Ava tOo. they are both cute Lil Ladiies. some features of their mom but they got ALOT of DAME in them. cute.

• Hana January 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

My comment Virgie-style: Good thing their hair ain’t coarse and they are light-skinned. Lucky them! :)

• Jonella January 12, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Grow Up!

Beautiful children nonetheless !

• Hana January 12, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Grown up people don’t put certain features as better than others.

• Luciana January 12, 2010 at 7:13 pm

You really are ignorant … is it not 2010 people! WTH does hair and complexion have to be the first thing people notice, why can’t they just be beautiful because they are just that. SMH.

• Jonella January 12, 2010 at 8:34 pm

My thoughts exactly they are beautiful children because they are beautiful children nothing less nothing more. Who ever mention skin tone or hair? She came into this post looking for a race debate and found that it wasn’t one. So she posted her immature post looking to start something that isn’t even there. She seems to have self esteem, and complexion inferior issues within herself. I’m brown skin myself but never bought into that light skin/dark skin mess. I have always been taught that i was beautiful no matter if i had dark skin/light skin, kinky hair/curly hair/straight hair. That’s the problem right now its not the media’s job to tell little black girls and black boys that they are beautiful its up to PARENTS to lift their child’s self esteem. Stop blaming everybody but yourself!

• KHRISH January 12, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I love to see families reaching out to help others. I do wish that they were helping more in America as well. But in no way am I knocking whatever they do. Lord knows, help is needed all over.

• Gone with the Wind January 12, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Helping the less fortunate is a great legacy to pass on to your kids. May God bless her immensely!

• Pisces January 12, 2010 at 10:27 am

It’s always wonderful to see celebrities being charitable as well as teaching their children about the world and life. These girls already have it all, beginning with their beautiful appearance.

Mom seems to be making sure they have character and substance as well. How absoluely lovely as well as positive.

• Tamika January 12, 2010 at 10:23 am

What a great birthday wish, very selfless. Tallulah is stunning, I’m sure she will be on the catwalk in another 15 years or so.

• ButterScotch January 12, 2010 at 10:13 am

She has such beautiful kids. Glad for her that she decided to do the single thing, you go girl! That Damon Dash is something else, he wanted Aaliyah while Rachel was pregnant,was willing to settle down with her first, even though Rachel was having his baby girl and then decided Rachel was worht enough to marry after his fiance at the time Aaliyah passes away, may she rest in peace. Neither of them deserved nor needed him.

• KIM January 12, 2010 at 10:39 am

What are you talking about, He was with Aaliyah after Rachel had Ava she was 1 or 2 years old, and in an interview he stated he knew that Rachel really loved him because she helped him grieve for another woman.

• ButterScotch January 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm

No sweetie, Ava was 2 when Aaliayh died, not when him and Aaliyah got together. Ava is 9 now she was born in 1999, Aaliyah passed in 2001, so how could she be 1 or 2 when Damon intially got with her. Ava was the same age as damon dash and Aaliyah’s relationship, when she passed. He wasith Aaliyah a little over two years meaning that him and rachel broke up the first time during the pregnancy.

• ButterScotch January 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm

*correction she is 10 now going on 11, and was born in 1999.

• Luciana January 12, 2010 at 7:11 pm

You truly set yourself up with this one. Get your facts straight the next time you want to be in people’s relationships. Better yet … don’t say anything at all.

• ButterScotch January 16, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Oh Please it was a typo on her age

• emm January 12, 2010 at 9:41 am