LATIMORE ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH HONEYCOMBS

UPCOMING:DAMON WILLIAMS IS A MILLIONAIRE IN THE MAKING

damon

Damon Williams has a portfolio worth $50,000, and he is only fifteen years old(he was fourteen when the video was shot)! Damon was just five years old when he bought his first share of Nike stock, and he hasn’t stopped investing since.

“I want to pay my own way through college, buy real estate and see my children graduate from college also,” Damon has said.

In his spare time, the Chicago native talks to young people about investing at an early age. Is this teen investor a millionaire in the making? BCK thinks so.

The video above is courtesy of PBS show Money Track(2009)

Tags : Posted in : UpcomingVideos

20 Comments to “UPCOMING:DAMON WILLIAMS IS A MILLIONAIRE IN THE MAKING”

• Tonya D. Jackson January 29, 2010 at 12:33 pm

This is an example of why I started Speakids! Speak Positive Everyday About Kids! You rarely hear stories of amazing kids, inspiring kids which also means that they are not being recgonized.

• Tonya D. Jackson January 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

These are the kinds of stories I am looking for. We rarely hear stories about amazing kids, inspiring kids which means we rarely recognize them.

• Tanya January 25, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Go head young man with cho baaaaad self…..LOL. Very positive indeed.

He looks like a younger version of Nick Cannon!!

• OliviaClark-davis January 21, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Give me his number

• BCKay January 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm

The stock market and investing seem complicated and was nothing i was really interested in besides from what i can tell you’d haft to buy many shares to actually make money if you actually make any. Good luck to him and his mom for getting him interested in investing.
    Teri don’t exspect much from BET, BET is useless. That entire network does nothing but waste airtime. When Oprah leave her talk show and launch her network maybe we’ll see more stories like this. Whatever Oprah puts on her network i know it’ll be entertaining and classy something that BET is not and has never been. There may be many kids who would like to attend Brown University like Debra Lee did. Think she’ll mentor any? Should they be mentored by that woman?

Thanks BCK.

• april williams June 5, 2012 at 6:49 pm

No…..that is a misperception that Damon and I have been fighting for years. You don’t already have to be affluent or wealthy to invest. Companies like http://www.Sharebuilder.com will let you start investing with as little as $10 a month. It may not seem like alot at first, but with time and compound interest if you stick to it you can accumulate true wealth. The younger you start, the more time you have and the better chance you have of becoming a millionaire.

• Natahlee January 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I saw this yesterday and I was hoping you would mention his on this website. I think this is great.

• Cee-Lo January 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Well…that’s what they teach the kids in these very expensive private schools(The ones in Manhattan), here in New York; How to invest. Money for Generations.

• Leo January 20, 2010 at 6:05 pm

That reminds me of what I read on the back of “Rich Dad. Poor Dad.”. The affluent make sure that their children understand investing and money matters from an early age, and that is a core part of their education. Unfortunately, not many public schools have that in their curriculum and the lower to middle class parents are often clueless. *sigh*

Anyway, I’m happy to see a young black man that is focused on investing and college. First the 11 year old Morehouse student I read about this morning, and now this young man and his achievements. It does my heart a world of good. :D

• Shell January 21, 2010 at 9:25 am

But anybody can go on the computer and learn how to invest instead of playing video games or buying Air Jordons. But I get your point. PARENTS CAN TEACH THIS TO THIER CHILDREN AT HOME TOO.

• april williams June 5, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Yes……anybody CAN go to the internet and learn how to invest, but unfortunately MOST do not. It’s what the elders would call “an easy say, but a hard do”. But Damon and I did exactly that 13 years ago…..we went to NAIC or better-investing.org and read and study and started an investment club for African-American children in the Chicagoland area, Ujamaa Jr. Investment Club!

• Chelsea January 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm

This is one AMAZING story…WOW!!

• Janay January 20, 2010 at 2:47 pm

very inspirational to alot of young people. I think he is really gonna a far.

• Lisette January 20, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Good for him. More people should learn to invest at an early age.

• aries January 20, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Postive black young man

• Teri January 20, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Ya know, these are the kinds of stories we don’t see on the national news. We also don’t see them broadcast on BET or TV One (that I know if).

Kudos to this young man. This story makes my heart sing.

Thank you, BCK, for bringing positivity to your website!

• starr08 January 20, 2010 at 11:25 pm

SERIOUSLY!! A sTory Like this shouLd definiteLy be aLL over the nEws. iT makes no senSe. This Lil boy is a positive example of what young people shouLd start Learning NOW at that age.

• Shell January 21, 2010 at 9:20 am

I agree with you. 100% The money is not on his back.

• janea January 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm

He doing well. Where does he get the money to invest?

• april williams June 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm

When Damon was younger, he used his allowance, birthday and Christmas money to invest. When you got older, he used the money he made from his candy business and from his modeling career to continue to buy shares.