ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

IVERSON TAKES AN INDEFINITE LEAVE DUE TO DAUGHTER’S ILLNESS

ad0c

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson is leaving his team indefinitely due to his 4-year-old daughter Messiah’s undisclosed illness. Allen’s team has released a statement:

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson will not be with the team for the remaining three games of the current road trip and is out indefinitely for personal reasons related to an illness being suffered by one of his children.

“At this time, we feel that it is in the best interest of the Sixers, Allen and his family that he be allowed to deal with a very serious issue that is far greater than the game of basketball,” said President and General Manager Ed Stefanski of the Sixers.

allen

Photo:Iverson and family are pictured in 2008.

23 Comments to “IVERSON TAKES AN INDEFINITE LEAVE DUE TO DAUGHTER’S ILLNESS”

• Jessica July 1, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Messiah totally reminds me of Angelina and Brad’s adopted daughter Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt. I hope she feels so much better…God please help this poor sick child :(((( my prayers go out her and the whole family.

• ibanez rg August 5, 2011 at 11:01 am

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

• Brian March 5, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I pray that his daughter recovers asap. Glad that he puts his family first too. God bless!

• ocean February 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm

This message is for Allen Iverson!

You have tried (almost) everything to get the help that MESSIAH (your daughter) needs to become healthy again. Unfortunately, with all the money you have and the doctors you’ve sought for your daughter’s health, it has come to no avail.

NOW TRY THIS: legally change your daughter’s name from “Messiah” to another name that does not offend GOD. The word Messiah was applied to God’s son (Jesus Christ) by God Himself. This name was given to him for a role that he has yet to play–to be the anointed ONE that will DELIVER us from this worldly situation. Do you see anyone with God’s name? Likewise, the name for God’s son. What you have done was equivalent to a person walking on holy ground.

You’ve tried everything. Now try this. What do you have to lose?

This message is not intended as a joke of any fashion nor as a disrespect towards you, your family, and your fans in like manner.
    END

• mom_to_3 February 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm

So do you say this to men name Jesus but pronounced differently?

Anyway, I’m praying for his family. Parents feel so helpless when their children are sick. I pray that he and Tawanna will maintain the strength they need to get through each day.

• rockysock23 March 2, 2010 at 12:43 am

I think you need HELP how about you just encourage him to keep the faith and PRAY not to leaglly change his daughters name. I’m pretty sure that if the family read this they would be offended. Then for you to say what do you have to lose?? REALLY??? what about the name MARY?? Do you think all Mary’s become ill or die because they aren’t virgins!

Anywho may God grant blessing and peace to the Iverson family during this time!

• deedee March 4, 2010 at 5:30 am

satan dwells in extremity.this comment is extreme.

May God continue to be with the iverson family.
      This too shall pass.

Our world needs more Love.
      May God bless our world in these times!

• tanja February 25, 2010 at 11:44 am

please lord help this little girl to recover and protect put Your arms around this entire family in this needing time. amen

• Pisces February 25, 2010 at 10:18 am

Hope little Messiah pulls through. Pulling for her and praying for her. Stay strong, Iverson family.

• county50 February 24, 2010 at 5:29 pm

god bless allen & his family, his duaghter will be in my prayers

• Theyknow February 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I am praying for the family and I hope the baby recovers and gets well soon. Its heartbreaking when your kids are sick and u cant do anything about it. God bless the family.

• Lisette February 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Oh No! I’m praying that she recovers!

• tanisha February 24, 2010 at 11:23 am

God please cover this child. By your stripes she will be healed. Amen

• GTSA February 24, 2010 at 9:52 am

I believe that Iverson is making the right choice for his family. He has already made his mark in basketball and has little to prove. I have been a fan of his ball skills for years now.

Hate hearing this about his daughter, hope things start looking up real soon.

• FashionedByGod34 February 24, 2010 at 11:41 am

I totally agree with you. He’s my favorite b-ball player. I definitely wish him and his family well.

• PlainMean February 23, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Wow, this is serious. I wonder what’s wrong with her and if AI will retire for good now? Anywho, i’ll say a prayer for her.

• melanie February 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Aw! I pray this little baby gets better!!!

• Teri February 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Awww, poor baby. I can only imagine what they are going through. I wish the Iverson family the best, and that Messiah recovers fully.

• Yazmin February 23, 2010 at 9:39 pm

God Please Let That Baby Be Alright! In Jesus Name…AMEN!

• DivaStar February 24, 2010 at 11:25 pm

AMEN

• FashionedByGod34 February 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Awwww……….I read this information on a sports article today. I really hope his daughter makes a full recovery. His family is lovely. I like his wife’s hair style and texture. She looks good.

• mayim February 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm

poor thing she looks like she is two years old, i hope she gets well. looks just like him

• KEEYSHA.J February 23, 2010 at 8:49 pm

GOD BLESS HIS DAUGHTER AND THE FAMILY.