TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

MAVIS SPENCER POSES FOR POSEN

mavis

Mavis Spencer, the 18-year-old daughter of actress Alfre Woodard, is designer Zac Posen’s latest muse.

Mavis, who is a student, an equestrian and a model, is one of the models for Zac’s Target collection, which features prom gowns and dresses for under $100.

Click here to read more about the collection(source)

Tags : Posted in : Actors

15 Comments to “MAVIS SPENCER POSES FOR POSEN”

• Rachel Wales August 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Just a quick note, You look wonderful. Verrry Beautiful.
    Look forward to your career!

• karen July 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Actually, Mavis is adopted. There is an interview in USATODAY where Alfre Woodard says “”Yes, I did adopt my children, but I’m so grateful that we did all find each other through adoption,” she says. “If I had tried to carry a baby, I never would have got to my real children — the ones I was meant to parent.” http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-09-29-housewives-woodard_x.htm

• BrwnSantiLove March 29, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Beautiful girl

• Brittney from Philly March 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm

The name MAVIS reminds me of this old typing computer game i played as a kid..Mavis Beacon was the character’s name and she was BLACK! What what!! lol

• Torre March 25, 2010 at 3:21 pm

If I’m not mistaken… Mavis is her parents bio-child and Duncan was adopted as an infant. I’m pretty sure that I remember her being pregnant many years ago. I think that the strong resemblance to her father & her mother is obvious. I’d swear up & down that she definatly has her fathers eyes,height,over-all facial features & her mothers beauty!

• Lotus March 25, 2010 at 10:29 am

Supposedly Alfre and her hubby haven’t confirmed or denied their children were adopted. However, I’ve seen a picture on this very site where Mavis looks just like her mother.

• CurlsN'Kinks March 24, 2010 at 9:08 pm

She is such a beautiful black young lady. I am so glad that she kept her clothes on. Kudos to her :)….I will keep my fingers crossed.

• starr08 March 24, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I Love the red and pink dress on her! im gona have 2 check that one out :)..she is very pretty and i Love her hair.

• TJ March 24, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Mavis is so stunning. She looks like both parents. I wish her much success. Her mom is an amazing actor!

• LilBigz March 25, 2010 at 1:36 am

I don’t see the resemblance considering she’s adopted.

• hmm March 25, 2010 at 2:58 am

Isn’t she adopted?

• Mrs. Assis March 25, 2010 at 10:39 am

She is adopted but she does resemble her mother a little to me.

• shesallthat March 25, 2010 at 1:57 pm

she is gorgeous!!!

and yes she is adopted – AW DID confirm it in an interview once. i remember reading it. then suddenly she did not wish to discuss it any futher.

• Anonymous March 24, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I still can’t get over the name…Mavis? Anywho! She is a beautiful young lady and I love Alfre Woodard.

• AJA March 25, 2010 at 11:25 am

I like the name personally.