MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

GETTING TO KNOW: RYAN ELIZABETH PEETE

ryanfaces

Ryan Elizabeth Peete,12, daughter of actress Holly Robinson Peete and former NFL player Rodney Peete.

Siblings: Twin brother R.J., 12, Robinson, 7, and Roman, 5.

Credit(s): Co-author of book My Brother Charlie

Interview courtesy of AmmoMagazine:

On her inspiration:

My inspiration is my brother because the doctors told Rodney that he wouldn’t make friends and he wouldn’t speak and that he wouldn’t say I love you. He proved those doctors wrong.

On working with her mother  book My Brother Charlie:

It was a really great experience because I got to know my mom as a writer really well.

On whether or not she sees herself working on more books:

Yes I do. Actually we’re working on a new book about my Africa trip and what I witnessed.

On how she has dealt with her twin brother Rodney’s autism:

On whether she has considered acting:

I have considered it and I have done a couple plays when I was younger.

Interview courtesy of AmmoMagazine

Tags : Posted in : ActorsSportPlayers

22 Comments to “GETTING TO KNOW: RYAN ELIZABETH PEETE”

• brenda August 11, 2010 at 10:28 am

Ive had the opportunity to meet Ryan. She is a beautiful, loving young lady who is extremely wise beyond her years! Ryan definately has many of her moms great qualities. This little girl is going to do amazing things! The Peetes have done an amazing job!

• Shonda April 23, 2010 at 4:08 pm

This girl is gorgeous!! Wow, they make beautiful kids. I say the same for me and my hubby. lol

• monica April 22, 2010 at 9:23 pm

She’s looking more and more like her mother all the time. It is definitely hard for the siblings of an autistic child.

• Toni A. April 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

She is gorgeous. She really takes after her mom!

• J.D. April 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Ryan is beautiful, inside and out. The Peete’s seem like a wonderful family.

• luvbug April 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Lisa I dont think it was hard at all. Twins have a special bond and she probaly is the one he leans on the most. What is it to understand? love have no restrictions. She is a growing up to be a beautiful young lady. Holly family have always been nice looking and close……….gotta luv em.

• Brooks April 22, 2010 at 11:29 am

She’s a beautiful young lady. I still don’t know much about autism in what causes it. Don’t know is it something the mother comes in contact with while pregnant or a reaction to immunizations. Could be anything, we’re surrounded by so many chemicals in what we eat breathe,girls getting boobies at 6y.o more kids growing close to 7ft tall,sheeps with two heads. What next.

• Pisces April 22, 2010 at 11:34 am

Lol!

• GTSA April 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Brooks, you put a comedic slant on it, but I do believe that a lot of the increase in neurobehavioral and other issues we are seeing are linked somehow to environmental factors. May no be the main cause but I think it is impacting things.

All these frankenfoods we are consuming and the chemical exposure is a bit much in some instances.

• GTSA April 22, 2010 at 11:02 am

Ryan is a lovely young lady. I like her candor and what she described is true for many who grow up with sibs who require a little extra care and attention. It is great that I don’t detect any underlying resentment surrounding that.

• Pisces April 22, 2010 at 10:21 am

Ryan is so fresh faced and cute. And at the tender age of 12, already a published author, to boot. She and her family are intelligent, inspiring people. I love them !

Thanks BCK for highlighting them and a cause that is important not only to their family, but also to a growing number of families.

• Im Bianca and Ima say it April 22, 2010 at 10:14 am

Wow I love her honesty.she felt like the invisible twin.I wonder how her parents felt about that revelation.I’m sure her parents did the best they could to be their for rj ,he his needs and be their for Ryan.as the aunt of a 8yr old autistic boy it is not easy trying to understand him when he can not articulate what he want are what’s wrong.

• Evolving April 22, 2010 at 9:56 am

She is gorgeous and her brothers are so handsome. I’m so proud of the Peetes. This is a family that is actually worthy of a reality TV show. Please co-sign if you agree. We need more quality television.

• GTSA April 22, 2010 at 10:36 am

Cosign everything you said and that is a great idea (reality show).

• Sunshine April 22, 2010 at 9:42 am

She’s really cute and I LOVE to see the Peetes. Ryan killed me when she said she did plays when she was younger! In my eyes she’s still a baby!
    I’m glad her answers were honest especially about being the invisible twin. Parents sometimes give so much attention to the special needs child that they forget about the needs of the “normal” child.

• Im Bianca and Ima say it April 22, 2010 at 9:37 am

Wow i love the her honesty.she felt like the invisible twin.I wonder what her parents felt when they heard that revelation.I have a artistic nephew and he is 8 and require a lot of attention.

• Boo April 22, 2010 at 3:27 pm

You said your nephew is ARTistic? That’s a good thing that your nephew is into the arts. Why would he need special attention?

• TRUTH!! April 22, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Come on~ that was rude! Thanks for sharing Bianca.

• ajax360 October 30, 2010 at 12:50 am

Unnecessary sarcasm!

• machelle April 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

very beautiful little girl. i’m sure she’s had to deal with alot concerning her brother. she seems like a strong, driven individual who will do well.

• EVELINA RAE April 22, 2010 at 8:56 am

IT ,UST BE REALLY HARD FOR RJ, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT WAS A LITTLE HARD FOR HER ASWELL.

“It was hard because a lot of my friends didn’t understand him; they thought he was “weird”. I felt like I got cheated out of doing extra curricular things because my mom and dad were so focused on his therapies and treatments. I sometimes felt like the invisible twin.”

VERY BRAVE OF HER TO SAY. I’M GLAD RODNEY JR.’S HER INSPIRATUION. RYAN SEEMS LIKE A WONDERFUL CHILD.

• Lisa April 22, 2010 at 8:42 am

She is absolutely beautiful! I’m sure it was difficult for her as a young child to understand that her brother required special attention from her parents constantly, and hopefully now that she is older, she is able to put things in perspective. They seem like such a loving close-knit family. I wish them great success on their new book!