ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

JADEN SMITH: KUNG FU IS HARD WORK

53536076

For his role as Dre in the remake of “The Karate Kid”, actor Jaden Smith,11, spent several months training in the art of Kung Fu. Jaden first trained for three months in Los Angeles and later spent four months training in Beijing, where the film was shot.

Jaden himself admits that Kung Fu is a lot of work: “[It] helps me with stunts and stuff like that. It’s great, and it’s fun — but it’s very hard work.”

Veteran actor Jackie Chan, who acts alongside Jaden in the film, says Jaden’s dedication to martial arts puts his own son to shame.

“He put my son to shame! I provided my son with the best martial artists in the world, and he could not be persuaded to try it. In just two months, Jaden had learned so much. He is truly a talented boy.”

Recently at the 2010 Kids Choice Awards in Los Angeles, viewers were able to see Jaden Smith in action. Click here if you missed all the action!

Below are Behind-the-scenes candids of Chan and Jaden on set.

Phtos:JackieChan.com

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

12 Comments to “JADEN SMITH: KUNG FU IS HARD WORK”

• film horor barat terseram full movie April 21, 2014 at 1:53 am

Hi therе! I just wanted to ask if уоu eveг haνe anу problems with hackers?
    My lɑst blog (wordpress) was hacked аnd I ended up losing months of hard worκ dսе to no backup.
    Dߋ you have any solutions to protect ɑgainst hackers?

• nykiri April 30, 2010 at 3:48 pm

hey

• starr08 April 29, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I LOVE Jadens hard work and dedicaTion toward this movie! Now that is TaLent! :) I cant wait 2 see this movie. is it me or is WiLL and Jackie aging by the second LoL.. with their gray hairs and all. hehe.. they still cute.

-aaaww soo cute @Lil Chinese boy in braids! =) never seen that HERE lol..

• Tiffany April 29, 2010 at 10:13 pm

LOL. Me neither. But I think he’s Jaden’s stunt double. looks just like Jaden too.

• starr08 May 2, 2010 at 9:36 pm

they really do kind of Look aLike! haha.. he Looks kind of BLackANese! lol..

• melissa April 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm

CONGRATS TO JADEN! WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE. MY SON IS A

KUNG FU ENTHUSIAST AND MY HUSBAND HAS A BLACK BELT ALREADY.

HOWEVER JACKIE CHAN I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS….PLEASE DON’T BE

ACROSS TO ONLY TO THEM AS STRANGE. HE AND I HAVE BEEN DEEPLY HURT

BY THE REJECTION OF HIS RELATIVES. EVERYBODY ELSE THINKS HE IS ONE

OF THE MOST IMAGINATIVE, ATHLECTIC AND HANDSOME CHILDREN. JACKIE

APPRECIATE YOUR SON’S OWN UNIQUE GIFTS AND ENCOURAGE THOSE AND WATCH

HIM SOAR!

• Real Talk..... April 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm

In that picture of Jaden with his dad Will, is the back of Jaden’s hair shaved off? Hid braids look like they stop half way up the back of his head and then hang down covering the shaved part.
    Am I just seeing things?

• alyssa April 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm

His body double is so cute!! I love the Smith family as well very dedicated in all they do.

• EVELINA RAE April 29, 2010 at 10:05 am

I like his dedication. I also will see this movie. The Smith family are just FABULOUS!

• Im Bianca and Ima say it April 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

I want to see this move.it looks good.he’s a good actor.he sis real good in pursuit of happiness.

• Mee April 29, 2010 at 10:58 am

@ bianca, his sister isn’t in the pursuite of happiness, its him

• EVELINA RAE April 29, 2010 at 11:17 am

I BELIEVE SHE WAS WRITING HE IS/HE’S REAL GOOD IN THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS.