SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

SADE’S ‘BABYFATHER’: AN ODE TO HER DAUGHTER ILA

sadebabyfather

And so love grew a flower
A flower that is you
Your daddy knows you’re a flame
Your daddy knows you’re a flame
Your daddy knows you’re a flame
Your daddy knows you’re a flame
Even to the angels it may sound like a lie
For you child
He has the troops and extra backup standing by
For you child

~ Song BabyFather,  Soldier of Love Album, 2010

‘Babyfather’ is the English band Sade’s second single off their  sixth-studio album ‘Soldier of Love,’ released in February 2010.  The single was co-written by lead singer Sade Adu, and features backup vocals by Sade’s daughter, Ila,13.

Click here to watch Sade sing Babyfather(one of the back-up singers is rumored to be Ila.

Babyfather is  “about how great it is to be a parent, what a great honor and privilege that is, and what a terrible thing that is to waste,”  Sade told People.com earlier this year.

“As long as you feel good about yourself, you can be a good parent, and then it becomes an endless fruitful cycle.”

While Sade is no longer with her daughter’s babyfather-the two parted ways years ago-, Ila does have a father figure in Sade’s boyfriend Ian Watts.

“Ian is Ila’s dad, really. He does all the things a dad would do, and she really looks up to him. I feel like I’ve won the lottery, finally,” says the songstress.

One thing is for sure: Ila can rest assured that her “daddy knows that [she is] a flame.”

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

16 Comments to “SADE’S ‘BABYFATHER’: AN ODE TO HER DAUGHTER ILA”

• Mila June 23, 2011 at 8:52 pm

U can def just type ila adu on fbook and see whom she is.. but she’s one of the girls in the video who is singing your daddy knows part with the pink and white stripped shirt on. she’s the one on the right side.. the shorter lighter girl!

• nessa May 17, 2010 at 10:46 pm

i have pics of Sade’s daughter lla

• Goth Gurl May 14, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Like Nessa said neither of the girls are Ila. At about 1:30 in the video you will see a girl dressed in a black shirt and white pants and she is dancing with the two girls….that is Ila but her face is covered by sunglasses and she has a hat on so you can’t see her. I would love to see her daughter and maybe one day we will.

• xamaica June 28, 2010 at 2:27 pm

GURL THEIR IS NOBODY @1:30..!!WITH GLASSES AND WHITE SHIRT..LAWD THE PPL ONT THE NET, MYSELF DUMB ENOUGH TO LOOK

• sabrina May 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I know this is late but I just came across it today. She was referring to the video “Babyfather”. Ila is the 3rd girl dancing with the white pants & black hat.

• lolab April 30, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I dont know which one because both girls look similar…. I always knew she had a daughter but I wonder why you can never catch her daughter with her….ever

• ki May 1, 2010 at 6:55 am

Because they live a quiet, private life…its simple!

• nessa May 3, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Yeah, they are very private, but i do have lots of pic’s of Ila. She doesnt really look like Sade.

• im bianca and ima say it. April 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

yeah i agree with you ki the shorter girl did look at sade for assurance and comfort.then at the end she was the first one to clap.i love this song

• ki April 30, 2010 at 11:11 am

I think the smaller one definitely- she looks a little uncomfortable & she kinda glances at Sade a little like a comfort thing. Either way Sade has been my favorite since I was a kid and I’m happy that she’s shared with us once again!

• Sunshine April 30, 2010 at 10:39 am

I agree with what was written the smaller one looks like she has Sade’s smile. Both girls are BEAUTIFUL.
    Now to my complaints:
    1.I HATE the term baby father and baby mother!!!!!!!!! The kid is like 16 and people still say “That’s my baby mother.” I can’t take it.
    2. I love children to dress like children NOT like mini adults. That being said I did not like the outfits the girls had on. BEAUTIFUL young women but terrible outfits. And those big bows!!!Sade looked so SHARP.

Sorry BCK fam I just needed to vent.

• K April 30, 2010 at 8:46 am

The smaller of the two looks like she could be her daughter.

• Natahlee April 30, 2010 at 9:22 am

I agree, the smaller one does look like she could be her daughter.

• renae April 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

I think it’s the taller one. Her lips kinda remind me of Sade.

• nessa May 3, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Nope thats not Ila. She don’t look like her mom.

• nessa May 3, 2010 at 8:30 pm

No. Neither of those girls are Ila. They are from a performing arts school in the states. I have pic’s of Ila, and her 3 brothers from her dads side. Actually Ila looks nothin like her mom.