ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

LAURYN HILL CHOSE HER KIDS OVER HER CAREER

lauryn

Singer Lauryn Hill says that she is ready to make a comeback now that her youngest child is old enough to be left alone.

“I don’t know if you know this, but I have five children,” she tells  Zoe Chace of National Public Radio. “The youngest is 2 now, so she’s old enough that I can leave her for a period of time and know she’s going to be OK.”

The singer says that aside from her kids, there are “a number of different reasons” for why she hasn’t released any music in nearly a decade.

PHOTO: See a photo of Lauryn Hill and four of her kids

“… the support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal-growth things, that I had to go through in order to feel like it was worth it. In fact, as musicians and artists, it’s important we have an environment — and I guess when I say environment, I really mean the [music] industry, that really nurtures these gifts.”

She adds, “Oftentimes, the machine can overlook the need to take care of the people who produce the sounds that have a lot to do with the health and well-being of society, or at least some aspect of society. And it’s important that people be given the time that they need to go through, to grow, so that the consciousness level of the general public is properly affected.  Oftentimes, I think people are forced to make decisions prematurely. And then that sound radiates.”

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

21 Comments to “LAURYN HILL CHOSE HER KIDS OVER HER CAREER”

• Delhi Escorts February 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

• Gina September 1, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I miss you….you have a lovely family…..best wishes.

• Toni August 1, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I’m eagerly anticipating her return to Music!
    We need some of the artists of yesteryear, especially Lauryn. Because she brings it fully, along with education and sense!

I’m glad she chose family over the industry.

• Lola Marie July 1, 2010 at 12:52 am

Damn its about time!!! Yay!!! Wyclef and Praz say that she has an unreleased album that is the best album they’ve ever heard!

If she puts out an album about whale calling I’d buy it:-D

Lauryn is one deep chick. Lots of love and respect to her.

• loveher June 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Lauryn’s childrens names are Zion, Selah, Joshua, John, and Sara (the baby). Unfortunately, the reality of being a musician is that you are forced to be away from your family for extended periods of time. I knew when Lauryn moved back home she would get the support she needed. I am happy for her, and she seems to be in a much better place. I am sure she knows her mom will take good care of her kids when she is required to be away.

Note: Rohan gave the name of the baby on twitter. They are no longer together, but he makes frequent visits to see the kids.

• Fashionedbygod33 June 30, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Never really been heavy into her (do like a couple of her songs though), but I do have a real healthy level of respect for her. I did not know she had 5 kids. Wow. I’ve always she was a beauty and I like what she expressed in the interview. We sorely need the Lauryn Hills, etc. There is just too much fluff and nonsense out here right about now and the other talented artists of substance are not getting their just due.

• e-dubz (Jah will rise you up) June 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Hands down one the the best female musician of all time… Hope to produce music (artist) of your quality

• Multi Voice Changer by Toysmith: Change your voice with 10 different voice modifiers – Kids Toy | 4everakid June 30, 2010 at 10:43 am

[...] BLACKCELEBRITYKIDS- Black Celebrity Kids,babies,and their Parents … [...]

• Amber June 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

her son is so blessed to have such an inspiring son written about him from his mother. He’ll always have that as a testimony of how much she loves him…so much she proclaimed it to the world! How sweet :)

• shesallthat June 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

IDK – but she seems like a very very good mom to me so when she says “the youngest is 2 and can be left for a period of time” i took that as she can go into the studio for hours a day and things like that. the baby can still be somewhere near – just not in her presence. i don’t think she meant leave for weeks at a time! that would defeat the purpose of her being with the kids and not working all this time.

• Mimosa June 30, 2010 at 12:40 am

I am so excited and looking forward to Lauryn’s return. Come quickly Lauryn!!!!

• lilkunta June 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm

i love your music and the music world misses you.
    & yes LH we do know you have 5 kids. Rohan talked to people magazine.

• Jazsy June 29, 2010 at 10:06 pm

love her music

• missjohnson June 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Lauryn hurry up girl we need you

• Mena June 29, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Her kids is Beautiful!!! I think it is good that Lauryn took time off to invest time into her five kids. It is nothing wrong with raising your kids and not pursuing a career. She can still comeback, she still have a HUGE fan base.

I want her to come back and make music now that her kids are a little older. I love Lauryn Hill!

• Trish June 29, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I personally think that 2 is too young to leave a child for a period of time but that’s just my opinion

• Shahtia June 29, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I wonder if she finally named her youngest…

• bck reader June 29, 2010 at 5:57 pm

i would love for her to come back again. her Miseducation album was the truth! and i believe she can still be a relevant artist in today’s music industry.

• Sherley June 29, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Five kids & the youngest is 2?

Well…darn.

Either way, when you come back, can you not do a nude video or magazine cover till the kids are at least 10?

I’m just asking.

• GTSA June 29, 2010 at 5:26 pm

She is making so much sense here, and some folk thought they really knew the situation and dismissed her as c-r-a-z-y. I actually respect her personal choice to choose mom-dom over fame. She has been missed though.

She appears to be a deep sister whose talent I adore. I really do hope she makes a comeback and it proves to be worth the wait.

• murdw November 28, 2010 at 8:52 pm

my little sister, my young queen. historical art and style and beauty with much spirituality and knowledge. this young mother-lady is a gift to us all from our heavenly Father.

i can go on and on about the awesome spirit she was blessed with but for right now, people, bless this lady as she continues to bless us!!

from brooklyn-atlanta-rome