KENNEDY RUE GOES TO THE PROM WITH REGINA KING’S SON

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

POOCH HALL AND WIFE HOST ‘SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY PROM’ IN HONOR OF DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY

JENNIFER OPENS UP ABOUT FAMILY TRAGEDY

hudson8

Singer/actress Jennifer Hudson is opening up about the 2008 murders of her brother, mother, and nephew.

“It’s all like a blur. It was surreal,” the actress said on VH1′s “Behind the Music” on Monday. “It was like I was outside of myself. I prayed when I’d get up in the morning and prayed before I laid down at night…. for almost two weeks straight, I was inside one room with just family and friends coming in and out.”

VIDEO: Jennifer Hudson: Behind The Music.

Jennifer says that she sometimes channels her mom through her son.

“In so many ways I channel (my mother) because she was such a great mom,” she said adding that her son “makes me feel like the most special person on earth. I want him to get the same love and the same upbringing my mother gave us.”

Jennifer also said that her 11-month-old son David Daniel Otunga Jr. “reminds me of my nephew.”

hudson7

28 Comments to “JENNIFER OPENS UP ABOUT FAMILY TRAGEDY”

• dobry prawnik November 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm

E ‘bello che ci sia qualcuno che scrive di queste cose. Ci sono molto utili.

• N K July 7, 2010 at 1:26 am

That is one cute baby!

• luvbug July 3, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Such a beautiful healthy baby boy. Yes he does look like Julian. I am happy to see Jennifer happy, she deserves it.

• Mercedes July 2, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Jennifer and David’s baby resembles her nephew. It’s so sad how he went. =(

• BrwnSantiLove July 2, 2010 at 1:30 am

He’s such a chunky cutie!

• bck reader July 1, 2010 at 12:40 am

just got done watching Jennifer’s behind the music and i must say it was great! if i didn’t already love her before, now i have a new-found respect for her as an individual and her commitment and dedication to putting her all into her family and her career. baby boy David (munchkin :-) ) was just too cute! he just might inherit those famous pipes and grow up to be a singer as well lol! he favors the Hudson family so much in his features. i see Julian and Jennifer as a little girl, in his looks. i wish Jennifer much continued success and all the happiness for her future. she’s experienced more heartache than one person should have to endure.

• KEEYSHAJ June 30, 2010 at 10:11 pm

CUTE AND YES HE DOES LOOK LIKE JULIAN RIP.

• Rock Princess June 30, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Jennifer and David are beautiful people inside and out. And, baby David is a living doll. He does resemble his big cousin Julian. My heart broke as I heard her speaking of her family. David is excellent support for her. God sent her a couple of angels. I wish them well. I hope that Julia can find paralled happiness as well. She lost just as much and more(her only child) than Jen. Love the Hudsons.

• Angelique June 30, 2010 at 6:51 pm

He is such a cutie pie!!! Awww God bless him! LOVE the first pic … his facial expression is priceless :)

• Fashionedbygod33 June 30, 2010 at 6:42 pm

He is such a cutie.

• Pisces June 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Beautiful. He’s one of my new favorite babies featured on BCK. I hope his parents allow the pictures to keep coming.

• Brittany June 30, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I’ve always said David Jr. looks like Jennifer’s nephew. He is truly a gift from God :]

• Sherley June 30, 2010 at 5:59 pm

My goodness, 11 months old already. Wow.

Really would like to see the special.

Is it bad of me to say I want to take that baby home with me?

• mel June 30, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Wow everytime I see David Jr. he reminds me so much of Jennifers newphew julian. I believe God is letting Jen know that her nephew will live thru her son. I wish Jen and her family nothing but the best.

• ariana June 30, 2010 at 2:00 pm

beautiful baby, i love him

• Tiana June 30, 2010 at 1:57 pm

He kind of favors Uncle Luke’s youngest son, Blake Campbell, in these pics.

• EVELINA RAE June 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Daddy’s mini me and namesake ;)

Jennifer looks gorgeous!

• Just sayin".... June 30, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Aside from skin color David Jr does not really look much like his father (who by the way is half white/black). I think that Jennifer’s family has some very strong genes!
      This lil cutie definitely resembles Jenn’s beloved nephew Julian.

• EVELINA RAE July 2, 2010 at 9:03 am

I already knew David Sr. is mixed…not sure why that was said.

I think (my opinion) he looks like his dad and it is’t because of his complexion. He looks like the late Julian (RIP), too.

• JAC June 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm

He is so darn cute…..

• h-town boss June 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Such a cutie! Hang in there Jen! She is so beautiful & talented. I hope she can find peace & happiness in an unhappy unpeaceful situation.

• Teri June 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm

This special was so good, and, at times, emotional especially the part when they talked about the deaths of her loved ones. I thought about they would never meet that beautiful baby, David Jr., and how proud they would be of Jen and Lil David.

It had to be God that brought her though such unimaginable heartbreak, but she now has a man, who seems to love her, and her son, so I’m happy for her.

• jada's mommy June 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Pure cuteness!!! I wanna eat them cheeks!!!

• Shanice June 30, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I watched the special about three times. It had me teary-eyed almost as soon aS it came on. And I LOVE the part where she sings a part of a scale, then her son finishes it. That was TOO CUTE

• Julie June 30, 2010 at 12:01 pm

He is such a cute baby!

I’m glad the Jennifer has him and her fiance David. She deserves all the happiness in the world.

• Just sayin".... June 30, 2010 at 11:54 am

Jennifer is so pretty and Lil David is so cute! He looks just like Jennifer’s beloved nephew Julian. Ive always thought that he did.

• GTSA June 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I agree. She is down-to-earth pretty and her son is so cute, looks so much like the nephew.

It is still hard for me to hear about the tragedy that happened with her family. I can’t imagine, ever. I am so glad to see her get on with life and hold her head up.

• KHRISH July 2, 2010 at 1:24 pm

That is so true. I can’t even begin to imagine how I would cope with such a terrible family horror. She is very brave and I continue to wish her the best of everything. What a memory to live with.