ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

IT’S A GIRL FOR TAMYRA GRAY AND SAM WATTERS

tamyraIt’s a girl for former American Idol finalist Tamyra Gray and her husband, Sam Watters!

The couple welcomed their daughter Sienna Marie on Saturday, July 17th. Sienna weighed in at 8lbs 12oz, the singer reveals via social networking site Twitter.

“We are overjoyed with the arrival of our little lady,” Gray, 30, tells People.com. “I’ve never known love to this capacity. She smiles already and it just stills my heart.”

And there is a little story behind the baby’s name:

“We didn’t actually pick her name — she did,” says Tamyra.

“I know it sounds weird, but back in February I had a dream where she told me her name. I shared my dream with Sam and we decided we’d wait and see. It took us eight hours after her birth to name her and at the end, we went with her suggestion.”

Tags : Posted in : Births

10 Comments to “IT’S A GIRL FOR TAMYRA GRAY AND SAM WATTERS”

• Fashionedbygod33 August 4, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Congratulations to the happy couple and what a pretty name.

• starr08 August 4, 2010 at 10:43 am

aaww CongraTs to them! what a nice dream to have too. Every chiLd is a bLessing! :)

• Nikki August 4, 2010 at 10:17 am

Congrats!! Love the name

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2010 at 8:40 am

I didn’t know her husband was white ot that she was pregnant until last week when another site had “who’s due next” CONGRATULATIONS to the Watters family. Dreams like that are not weird. I dreamed the sex of my baby and it was correct. Two years later I dreamed the sex of my sisters baby and it was also correct. My 2 year old child told my family “baby’s coming” and a month later my sister was 2 weeks pregnant. Thing happen like this sometimes.

• seankordw August 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Awww congrats to the couple!

• heythere August 3, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Lol! Tamyra, not her mother!LMAo I see BCK changed it from “her mother” to “the singer” to avoid confusion. Congrats to the couple. Sam Watters was in group Color Me Bad. Anyone remember them?

• Brooks August 3, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Yea I member them….Ooooooh Ooooooh Ooooh Oooh I Wanna Sex U Up!

Anywho congrats to her. 8lbs 12oz that’s a big baby.

• lwade August 4, 2010 at 1:37 am

I remember exactly who Sam Waters is. Kinda stocky built white guy. Can’t wait to see the baby. Is she still performing? What about him?

• I Was There August 4, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Her husband is not stocky at all, he’s a slim guy with a curly jewfro.

• Riley August 3, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I’m sorry but who the hell is following Tamyra Gray’s mother on twitter? of all people. Lol!