TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

NE-YO IS “TERRIFIED” OF BECOMING A DAD

FP_IMAGE_4835167/FP_SET_4833198

Like many expectant dads, singer Ne-Yo is terrified of becoming a dad.

“I’m going to have my first child in January. I’m terrified, I’m gonna be all the way honest. I’ve never seen myself as a father, you know what I mean? I knew eventually I would get married and have kids and all of that stuff. By the way, the marriage rumors aren’t true. Let’s clear that up. I’m not engaged, I’m not to be married. But the baby rumor is true,” he said in a recent interview with CNN.

AUDIO:Ne-yo speaks about becoming a father.

CNN: Are you terrified because you didn’t have a male role model in your own life growing up?

Ne-Yo: My mom was my mom and my dad. I didn’t need the male role model. I figure if I do it the way my mom did it, then my kid is going to be fine.

CNN: Is your kid going to be living the baby “Champagne Life?”

Ne-Yo: No. I’m going to teach my child the value of a dollar. The “Champagne Life” can mean you’re just living what the good life is to you. So in that form, yes, my child will definitely be living the “Champagne Life.”

Ne-Yo’s fourth album, “Libra Scale,” hits stores on September 21.

Tags : , Posted in : Singers and their Kids

15 Comments to “NE-YO IS “TERRIFIED” OF BECOMING A DAD”

• KEEYSHA.J August 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

WAS HE SCARED TO MAKE IT TO?

• butterpcn August 9, 2010 at 12:13 am

Word up! He sho didn’t seemed to scared by that and proud of it during the interview.

• Whatev August 4, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I hate to say it I don’t see them lasting.the chick he knocked up has been trying to make it big rapping and doing small roles.she got preggers time they hooked up and I don’t blame him for saying that cause things are happening just too fast for them. I know her from going to high school with her.she was engaged to Luda and dated NFL that his mistress killed him and shot herself.I forgot his name.Goodluck to them both.

• Amber August 3, 2010 at 2:25 pm

GET MARRIED BLACK PEOPLE!!! Yes, I feel it makes a positive psychological difference on all involved. 1/4 Afr. Amer. are born to unmarried parents.smh

A baby is a permanent reflection of your union, so you’re bound whether you admit it or not.

Ask children what marriage means to them :/ Many would be surprised by what they hear.

• bck reader August 4, 2010 at 1:52 am

i’m gonna have to agree with this train of thought. it was kinda weird with the quote in the article where he was adement about dispelling rumors of engagement or marriage, but was totally ok with admitting he knocked up some broad. it’s like God forbid i should commit to this woman who i’ll share a child with for the rest of my life. i just don’t get it.

• Shanny August 4, 2010 at 8:49 am

Ditto. Its a reflection of why our communities are falling apart.

• ray48 August 4, 2010 at 10:36 am

Exactly!!!

• Amber August 4, 2010 at 10:35 am

I know right?!

“Marry her? heck no! Let’s just clear up that disgusting rumor up right now!! Did I knock her up? sure i’ll confirm that.” lol smh

• ray48 August 4, 2010 at 10:42 am

It’s a relief to see that there are a few of us who have maintained some moral fiber in this day and age.

• carrmel August 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

@ chocolate; Yes he did have a “maury situation”
    the woman he had relations with had a child said it was his [named the beautiful child after him aswell] then later found out it wasnt his…

• Peaches August 3, 2010 at 10:58 am

Congrats to him. I never saw him being a dad either…well at least not now.

• I SAID IT"DAT" August 3, 2010 at 10:33 am

HE’LL BE FINE…EVEN THOUGH..AWW NEVA MIND!

• chocolate August 3, 2010 at 10:32 am

Didn’t Ne-yo have a kid that he found out later wasn’t his?

• err August 3, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Yes, and his statement about being terrified of being a father is disingenuous.

• EVELINA RAE August 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Yes, a son. So this is his first child. He doesn’t see the boy any more.