LATIMORE ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH HONEYCOMBS

YARA SHAHIDI IS A HTG81 GIRL

htg8108

Child star Yara Shahidi is featured as a model for Forever21′s new kids clothing line, HTG81 Kids. The line, which features affordable-trendy clothing, including denim, dresses, tops, shorts, bottoms and outerwear, is catered to hip boys and girls between the ages of 6-14.

See more pictures here!

Check Out:www.Forever21.com/HTG81

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

26 Comments to “YARA SHAHIDI IS A HTG81 GIRL”

• Cici March 7, 2011 at 9:27 am

There isn’t really a such thing as full black anymore… we’re all mixed with something lol.
    She is too too too adorable!!

• Liane August 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Gorgeous! I hope she stays focused and always a lady! Good Luck Yara!

• starr08 August 4, 2010 at 11:00 am

They are all beauTifuL young Ladiies! Yara is working it as usual. :)
    But i do feel where “Missy” is coming from. As a brown skinned African American young Lady I wish i couLd see more dark-skinned sistahs/children in these ads and commercials and all through media! And even if you Look cLosely it actuaLLy Looks Like blue shirt girl could be Biracial too. she doesnt Look fully white.

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2010 at 11:46 am

She doesn’t really look like the “typical” white girl, she looks european to me( Polish, Russian, croatian something like that)

I see where you’re coming from with calling her biracial’cause my friend is half black and white and she has blonde hair (just like the models), which she straightens and hazel eyes people think she’s white, but some of her features, like her lips, give it away.

• BrwnSantiLove August 3, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Adorable girl

• Riley August 3, 2010 at 4:54 pm

The little girl in the blue is working those eyes. Tyra would be proud.

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2010 at 9:52 am

I know, right? She seems like she’s been doing this a while.

• BCKay August 4, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Lol yes she would be.

• Leo August 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Go, Yara! *shakes pom-poms*

• Jae August 3, 2010 at 2:52 pm

She is beautiful, is she Eddie Murphy’s daughter?

• Dani August 3, 2010 at 3:16 pm

No, her father is Iranian.

• EVELINA RAE August 3, 2010 at 3:27 pm

No, but she played his daughter in the move “Imagine That”

Yara is Iranian (father) and African American (mother)

• Jae August 3, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Oh Okay I loved that movie (can’t remember the name of it)but I thought Eddie Murphy’s daughter played the roll.

• Leo August 3, 2010 at 3:38 pm

No, she’s only his daughter in film. He is not her father.

• Leo August 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Get it, Yara! *shakes pom-poms*

• Trisha August 3, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Forever 21 is really expanding there line, kids clothes look cute. Kind of like H&M clothing, I’m still a little iffy about their maternity line though

• Missy August 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm

This little girl is gorgeous but when are they (companies and corps) gonna stop using biracial black girls in place of black-black girls with darker skin and kinkier hair (you know, more like the average black girl in America)?

Aren’t these the same people that that complain “Biracials aren’t black, they’re biracial!”?

Better yet, why can’t they use BOTH (black) biracial and black girls? Or do they feel they’re diversity quota is met just by hiring the mixed race girl?

Side-note: Yara is adorable and I can see why she gets so much work, I love these shots and the California-feel of them!

• Nicole August 3, 2010 at 5:00 pm

If I didn’t read that Yara was mixed, I would have thought that she was just black (maybe the casting directors think the same). But I do notice that lots of times, bi-racial children are used instead of (non-biracial) black children. Even when they portary a black family, the children (more so girls than boy) are usually bi-racial. It’s even in tv shows and movies.

• Trisha August 3, 2010 at 7:34 pm

She isn’t biracial….A lot of times, the biracial kids are the ones that go to the castings. So they work with what they got.

• SchoolGirl August 3, 2010 at 10:41 pm

She is biracial, her father is from the middle east

• Nicole August 4, 2010 at 7:57 am

Black children go to castings too. Heck ALL races of children go to casting calls.

• ajax360 August 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I agree, there are very few shows that portray full black children as opposed to bi, it hurts my feelings just a little bit. And that is why, I think, we adore families like the Smiths. Anyhow, African Americans are all mixed even if just a little bit. My Aunt could pass for a white woman, straight hair and white skin with a tint of red. I; on the other hand, could not, lol.

• Tamika August 3, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love seeing Yara, her mom and little brother. They are all so cute and relatable.

• EVELINA RAE August 3, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Funny, I just saw her on their site this morning. She definitely has the model look. YARA is very naturally beautiful and looks exactly like her mom.

• im bianca and im say it. August 3, 2010 at 12:26 pm

she look so cute.yara looks like a good smart kid.i happy for her. i always see her on tv.

• Natahlee August 3, 2010 at 12:02 pm

She’s adorable! She’s a great little model. I love seeing her in ads and commercials. I want to see more of her brother! Her hair looks really great (as always). Keep it up Yara.