ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

ZIGGY MARLEY: “CHILDREN ARE EVERYTHING”

ziggy

“Reaching children is the only way to change the stagnant, social maladies of society, says musician Ziggy Marley, father of five.

“In all my music,” says Marley, “I have some sort of revelation or inspiration that hits me. And if what I say about myself is true —- that I want to make a change and make a difference —- then I must speak to the children. It’s important because that’s where the future and hope for the world is. The message of the universe, the message of love, the message of God, the message of whatever you want to call it —- the force out there —- it’s for our children. They are the ones who still can be influenced. Everyone else is set in their ways, and that’s why the world is so messed up right now.”

He adds, “We need to dedicate ourselves to children and give them the best education possible. And not just what’s in the curriculum. We need to teach them about love. They all need to know what it takes to be a good human being in the world, not just what it takes to get a job.”

Ziggy recently visited South Africa where he performed at a local orphanage.

“African unity is something I want to sing about and something I believe in. It’s one of my real passions to do whatever I can to bring the idea of unity in Africa back to the table. Nobody’s talking about it. Nobody’s even thinking about it. But in my heart, I have to know that I did my part. In whatever shape or form, that’s the dream.”

Source

Photo shows Ziggy and daughter last month(PCN Photo)

9 Comments to “ZIGGY MARLEY: “CHILDREN ARE EVERYTHING””

• Raymond July 24, 2013 at 5:31 am

Yes! Finally someone writes about bank promo offers.

• whatever August 6, 2010 at 1:15 pm

good job!!!!

• Deaths of 3 children in Edinburgh gas explosion treated as suspicious | News Update Today August 5, 2010 at 1:28 am

[...] BLACKCELEBRITYKIDS- Black Celebrity Kids,babies,and their Parents … [...]

• xamaica August 4, 2010 at 9:38 pm

SO ZIGGY DECIDES TO SPEAK “FULL” ENGLISH..PREVIOUSLY THEY HAD TO BE TRANSLATED OR HAVE SUB BELOW TV’S INTERVIEW, WHICH WOULD MAKE PPL WHO UNDERSTOOD WHY HE DID IT, CRINGE..LOL GOOD FOR U ZIGGY!

• LisaLisa August 4, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Tomorrow’s people where is your past? Tomorrow’s people how long will they last…..Don’t know your past you won’t know your future!

My favorite song by Ziggy Marley! I love him so much and this is the closest my generation will ever get to his dad! But listen to that song (Tomorrow’s People) it is a timeless message for the children!

• Mrs. Assis August 4, 2010 at 11:32 am

He’s such a great dad. Downloading his disc right now to play for my 3 year old son in the car. :-)

• Kinereth August 4, 2010 at 10:46 am

I love to see Ziggy and his children He seems to be a good, balanced father: loving but strict.

• starr08 August 4, 2010 at 10:34 am

Thats a great message Ziggy! Our chiLdren and chiLdren’s chiLdren need a better FUTURE!! :)

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2010 at 10:31 am