WATCH: NEW INTERNATIONAL ‘ANNIE’ TRAILER

TRENDY TWEEN: SASHA’S SPLENDID STRIPES

sasha21

Flip over to find out where to buy some of Sasha Obama’s striped outfits, which she wore while on vacation in Spain with her mom.

1. Splendid Littles Colorshift Stripe Dress in teal is available at Zappos.com for $64.00.

2. Gap Rainbow Cut-out One-piece is sold for $25.00 but is sold out at Gap.com.

3. Splendid Littles Blanched Stripe Romper for $57.00, available at Zappos.com

Tags : , Posted in : kids fashion

33 Comments to “TRENDY TWEEN: SASHA’S SPLENDID STRIPES”

• HERNANRDA September 27, 2010 at 1:22 pm

THOSE ARE SOME CUTE OUTFITS BUT DONT LIKE DAH DRESS

• Keke August 20, 2010 at 1:09 pm

@Pisces please reference a pic (on a website, or a specific event something) where either the girls or Mrs O were inappropriately dressed. I’m sure you’ve seen some which is why you made that comment.

I dont agree with angry commenters either, but opinions need to have substance otherwise they sound hateful and unfounded, hence the reason for the backlash.

• Pisces August 23, 2010 at 10:38 am

And what you said is not a fact, just your half *&^ opinion, also.

• Keke August 25, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Just like I thought!

• Fashionedbygod33 August 18, 2010 at 10:18 pm

She is just too adorable and her outfits are so cutesy.

• Bella August 18, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Also, we all can and do disagree with the President on stuff, but when people make inaccurate statements about his kids exposure it’s crazy to me. It’s just like people act like Michelle has to be in burkas when she goes out.

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm

This blog didn’t become interesting to some until I wrote something. I love helping BCK out. Love this sit if not some of the @$$es that visit.

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I meant to type, Love this site, if not some of the [people] that comment. When I comment I’m not looking for backlash from angry [people].

• EVELINA RAE August 18, 2010 at 4:20 pm

haha… i love this site too and the [curse omitted] make it more enjoyable :D

• tj August 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Ahem. I have no clue who you are. Never heard of ya. I’ve been coming to this site for a loooooong while. Surely you jest.

• Pisces August 19, 2010 at 9:40 am

Same to you, ahem.

• EVELINA RAE August 19, 2010 at 11:30 am

I’ve been on here for a little while myself (about a year) and i can honestly say i’ve always seen Pisces’ comments and other names, frequently, but “tj” who are you? can’t say that i’ve seen your comments. What is this random “ahem” thing?

• Pisces August 20, 2010 at 9:39 am

Thank you Evelina…luv ya. Angry commentors are such a turn off at this otherwise great site. I hate that it brings out the worst in me in my response. Also I don’t feel people always have to agrre with my thoughts, but why is angry, personal, backlash necessary?

As far as the topic at hand, I love seeing the little Obama girls, however, the truth is that there have been many critics of their mother, the First Lady, showing too much skin at times, but I feel it’s only natural that she model her behavior and personal choice of attire for her own daughters.

I never said they should wear burkas, but the family is a role model to America. There are some mothers that have said that for whatever reason, they would not encourage their daughters to look at the Obama girls as role models.

• Bella August 18, 2010 at 1:35 pm

@Pisces

You are VERY clueless to why the Obamas went to Florida. The FLORIDA GOVERNOR ASKED the President to COME to Florida to let Americans KNOW that it’s okay to visit there. Many states effected by the oil spill are concerned about tourism, so that is why the President of the United States went to Florids.

Second, you also need to realize that this is NOT the middle east and the Presidents’ kids do not need to be covered up like they are muslim.

Also, you are not AWARE that the President and the first lady are protective over their kids. When pictures of them are taken when they are NOT with their parents the east wing ALWAYS asks for them not to be released. Just like when they went to Hawaii last year to an snow cone shop, and in an article about the trip it was mentioned that the first ladiy’s press sec. asked for the shop to not take pictures of the girls since it was not an “official” visit!

Furthermore, when the pictures of Sasha on the Truman balcony in shorts and her hair in a ponytail was released the First Lady’s staff asked that time TOO for the picture not to be released. I know all of this because I read.

*There is a press pool that follows the President EVERYWHERE he goes, so that is how MOST of the pictures of Malia and Sasha Obama get released.

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 4:06 pm

FURTHERMORE, Bella…. you can go take a flying leap as far as I’m concerned.

• Anne August 18, 2010 at 5:49 am

Sasha is just so cute and seems very sweet. She is my favorite Obama

• Pisces August 17, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I am curious as to why the President’s younger daughter is receiving so much and such exposure (literally and figuratively)? This is probably the most exposure of a President’s child in the history of First Families in the United States!

I can’t recall any child who has lived in the White House showing as much skin as Sasha. Certainly not Jenna or Barbara Bush. Or Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter.

I’m glad Malia, who is going through raging puberty, is being given privacy. I don’t trust even Secret Service. One of them ended up married to Susan Ford.

I saw the President and Sasha swimming in the oil spill ravaged region to prove it is safe for other Americans. You don’t owe us that, President Obama! Please don’t stoop to doing or proving more than the White Presidents before you ever did! Did Bush send his daughters to Iraq? H-E double toothpicks NO !!! Did he take a hit on his personal investments to assure Americans? I think not! Protect your children, President and First Lady!

• onum2 August 18, 2010 at 7:24 am

Well on this site we know why she is geting exposure, its bck. On other sites she’s getting it because she and Malia are the first black kids in the whitehouse. This is 2010 and she is going to get photos taken and be in the media. I dont get how she is showing to much skin, I think she dresses very age appropriate. On the fact the president swam in the golf is hella cool. He could had someone else do it or it didnt have to be done at all as we know he was not forced.To me it just shows the great person that he is, and he looks like he had fun doing it.

On Malia if she wasnt at camp she would be everywhere sasha is so I dont know how she is getting so much privacy. These girls are happy and well grounded and presidents obama Campaign was focused around change and thats exactely what he is doing.

• stunnaz August 18, 2010 at 7:44 am

the thing is their their father made history and it fascinates the whole world and that means the girls are gonna be in newspapers, in the public eye basically. they don’t show any negative press about them which is very good because they are young and people should respect that.they is nothing negative bout them anyway, they appear well mannered.
      as for showing skin she is only below 10 and its summer…this is what a normal girl her age would wear in summer…nothing remotely inappropriate. Malia is not with her family rite now which is why we don’t see her..she is in camp and I suppose the media not knowing her whereabouts is about keeping her safe.
      i am sure his kids and wife come 1st before anything

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Your sarcasm is not appreciated and not witty.

• PrettyBrownEyes August 18, 2010 at 7:59 am

@ Pisces: No your right Sasha is the only child in the White House that has shown alot of skin but here’s the kicker “SHE’S A KID” the Bush twins were teenagers (late teeanagers) and they did worse. Parties, drinking and etc so not a good look for them. However, she isn’t the first child in the White House who has had alot of exposure research your history.

What I can say is the reason the camera is always on this precious young lady is because the significance that her family brings to this country. And really I don’t see what your comment had to do with this forum it was about fashion. I’m just saying!

• jada's mommy August 18, 2010 at 8:45 am

In YOUR opinion, what do you think is suitable for Sasha to wear? I don’t believe she is “showing too much skin,” as you put it. What is she suppose to wear in 80 degree weather? Long-sleeves with a coat? I don’t get it…

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 4:13 pm

That’s just YOU, Jada’s mama. Why do people have to expect backlash when expressing an opinion. Grow up. You are somebody’s mama and should know better.

• jada's mommy August 19, 2010 at 7:48 am

YOU are so right, I am a mother. There is nothing in my comment indicating that I need to grow up. As you said, people are expressing their opinions, and that’s exactly what I did. Have a great day, Pisces.

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 9:16 am

addendum: Caroline and John John were shown at the beach with family at times, yet they were much younger than Sasha when Kennedy was President and the photos were within context.

• stunnaz August 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Listen if you wanna cover your kids head to toe do so……Mrs obama wants her kids to show some skin and thats up 2 her and majority of bck see no problems with it.
        the kennedy’s are from back then..fashion has changed.i mean i find it sad that an adult like you is here scrutinizing a child. yes i agree with you that sasha and malia should be kept safe esp from people like you being negative about them. it can really damage a child’s confidence.

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm

@stunnaz…attack the idea not the person. My opinion is just as if not more valid as yours. And that’s to the others here, too who wrote similarly.

• Lashay August 17, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Sasha is adorable. I like all of the striped pieces especially the dress.

• Tamika August 17, 2010 at 4:27 pm

The accessories that Mrs. O adds to these pieces is what really makes them.
    Like the dress was really nothing to me before she added the little sash/belt and the necklace really jazzed up the romper.
    Our First Lady has style and class…love it!

• bck reader August 18, 2010 at 1:40 am

totally agree. i would have never thought that dress didn’t come with the belt. and i love the little girly pieces (bows and flowers) that she uses to dress up the most ordinary of outfits. :-)

i see they like splendid littles. for me the stuff listed is a bit pricey (except the swimsuit), especially for kids, and she clearly won’t wear any of them past this season. but hey, i’m sure it’s no big deal for them.

• Jessica August 18, 2010 at 10:15 am

I agree with you a 100% I would have never picked that dress out in the store but seeing Sasha wear it with the sash and the cute little wedges. Marvelous! The same for the romper.

If anyone cares here are the links to the shoes she was wearing.

DV Dolce Vita “Circus” Wedge Sandals

Nike Kids Sweet Classic

• onum2 August 17, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Now sasha dresses really cute and its reasonable too. LOVE THE OBAMAS!!!

• Pisces August 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm

@onum2…I can love the Obamas, too as I do, but I don’t have to agree with all that they do nor with all that you or others write on this blog. President Obama is the first to say that we live in a democracy. Which means varying views, ideas and OPINIONS.