SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

DADDY QUOTES: THE GAME TALKS ABOUT BEING A NEW DAD

GAMESONATGAME

In a blog titled, “More Important Than My Album Release Date,” new dad The Game talks about the importance of fatherhood.

“I want all to know that children are a gift, they are the future. I love my children and dedicate my entire career to them. I have two sons and a new daughter, Cali Dream Taylor, born on August 21st.

There are so many men that don’t take care of their children. So I work everyday at not only being an artist, but a great father to my kids – not just a daddy. There is a big difference.

I love what I do and my album R.E.D is coming, I’m still working with Pharrell and Dr. Dre, but right now I’m enjoying being a father again and getting my kids ready for school. I just released my mixtape with DJ Skee “BrakeLights” thats doing very well to hold everyone over while the album is being completed.”

17 Comments to “DADDY QUOTES: THE GAME TALKS ABOUT BEING A NEW DAD”

• tlove August 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm

@ Amjack76, I agree completely with the comments that you posted. There are so many men who do not take care of their children, and it is very positive to hear that a young black influential male is taking a stand and committing to be a good father to his children. Jayceon could have 5 children by 5 different women, but as long as he takes responsibilty and provides for his children, then it is NONE of anyone’s business. I for 1 am glad that I do not have to spend my tax dollars supporting his children, because their mothers are on welfare! Jayceon you are a positive role model to your children, and more men should follow your lead. Keep up the great work!

• Shanice August 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Sorry, but The Game I don’t respect. Good be a good father, because that’s the only thing you’ll ever be good at.

• KEEYSHA.J August 28, 2010 at 1:11 pm

HES A PRETTY GOOD FATHER HE TAKES CARE OF HIS KIDS.
    AS FOR HIS CAREERS ITS DOWN NOW.

• Amjack76 August 27, 2010 at 7:46 am

I have been reading the comments over the last few days about The Game and how he has fathered children by different women. What difference does it really make if he can take care of the children and he is playing an active role in their lives that should be what’s most important. He chose to share a private part of his life with the public and is being bashed because of how many different mothers his children has or about the name he chose for his daughter. I know some men with multiple children by the same mother and they could care less. As long as Game is there with his kids emotionally, physically and financially then what more is there to say. Me personally I don’t care how many kids he has it has no effect on me. If he supports them wholeheartedly then he’s all good in my book. By the way I love his daughter’s name.

• Trisha August 27, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Thank you @Amjack76. People always wanna act like they know everything or their way is right way

• Kenzie August 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm

If some of u would take the time to read or watch any he says instead of assuming he has three different babymamas, you would know that his youngest two kids have the same mother..

But it’s good to see that he cares more about his kids and being there for them

• Charla August 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I think he mixed up the old saying because anyone can be a father but not everyone is a daddy. Anyways, it’s good that he’s there for all of his children.

Three kids by three different women, though? Hmm

• Lalah August 26, 2010 at 7:50 pm

3 kids by TWO women…

• Georgia August 26, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I love game it’s so good to see a man stand up and do what he is suppose to do for his kids. I admire how much he loves them. You have to love it. I’m so glad he’s a great dad. Loves it.

• good one August 26, 2010 at 4:46 pm

he is the only rapper i see who is really a father to his children you can see the love he has for them.

• KIKI August 26, 2010 at 2:10 pm

BUT, WHAT CAREER? IS HE STILL RAPPING?

• Mena August 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

You funny! Yeah I haven’t heard anything from him in awhile.

• Naisha August 26, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Cant be mad at a man for enjoying fatherhood and doing whats best for his kids before any thing. Only respect, not alot of them out here

• EVELINA RAE August 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Sounds good Mr. Taylor.

I always say there’s a difference between a “father” and a “daddy”…a father gave you life and a daddy gives you love. Anyone can be a father, not everyone can be a daddy.

• Ree August 28, 2010 at 4:23 am

That’s exactly how I see it.

• Mena August 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Also, I like that name for the girl, Cali Dream. I think I’m going to have to steal it when I have a girl and name my boy after Garcelle Bevais son Jax. Two cool names..

• Mena August 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Ok. Cool. He is right there are still alot of dads not stepping up. Im glad he loves being a dad.