TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

WILLOW SMITH: “ALL THE HARD WORK PAID OFF”

willowsmith

She describes her style as “schoolgirl-meets-punk rock”.  Her favorite artists are “Lady Gaga, Billy Idol, , Jay Z…..and my mom and dad!”

In a recent sit-down with MTV News, tween sensation Willow Smith opens up about her style, her new music, and much more!

On signing with Roc Nation, Jay-Z’s label:

“It felt like all the hard work paid off, mostly that,” Willow said. “Like all the hard work that I’ve done, like recording ‘Whip My Hair’ — it’s paid off.” She recalls meeting Jay-Z: “We went to this building, I don’t remember what it was, but we had a meeting and I got to hang out with him and meet him, and it was fun.”

On filming her latest video “Whip My Hair”:
“It was a long day. … It was hard sometimes, but, like, if you have a commitment to that, you have to stick with it,” Willow said.

She adds, “And it’s not because I have to, it’s because I want it,” she said of her percolating music career. “Most people, if they don’t want it, they’ll just be like, ‘Oh well, I can do that tomorrow’ — is that what’s called procrastinating?”

On the best part of filming:
“Having my Warriorettes there, my best friends caring — Jade, Angel Punky, they’re just all my best friends — and my family there just made it even better,” Willow told MTV News about the shoot when she stopped by Tuesday (October 19).

On what “Whip My Hair Means”:

“‘Whip My Hair’ means don’t be afraid to be yourself,” Smith explained, “and don’t let anybody tell you that that’s wrong. Because the best thing is you.”

Click here if you can’t see the video.

Website: WillowSmith.com
Photos:Roc Nation

21 Comments to “WILLOW SMITH: “ALL THE HARD WORK PAID OFF””

• carnival cruise ships November 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I was pretty pleased to find this specific web-site.I want to say thanks for your time for this fantastic read for anyone!! I definitely enjoyed every single little bit of the idea i have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post

• Cleo January 7, 2011 at 10:17 pm

She is shockingly delicious. Unbelievable.

• La'Toshia Powell December 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I remember when Jada was pregnant wit Jaden & Willow and they have grown up SO fast and r so talented! Jaden is a cutie pie & Willow just sprouted up!! I still think of her as Jada’s bbygirl and now she’s 10 yrs old already! Smh but congrats 2 Jaden on his ‘new’ movie & 2 Willow on her “Whip my Hair” song & video..U GO GIRL!!! ;-)

• chante November 8, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I FEEL YOUR PAID

• egyptianbella October 22, 2010 at 6:17 pm

REALLYDOE YOUR IGNORANT. HER DANCING WAS GREAT AND LOOKED LIKE A KID WOULD DANCE. ALSO HER EYES ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE SHE IS BLACK. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE MIXED WITH SOMETHING TO HAVE SLANTED EYES. BLACK PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS HAD EYES LIKE THAT!

• Rogue621 October 22, 2010 at 12:35 am

AWESOME job Will and Jada! It’s a honor to see a little girl so empowered with self love and confidence. REIGN on Miss WiLLoW!

• LME October 21, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I was skeptical about them (Jayden and Willow and all young kids really) getting in the game but Karate Kid looks really good (haven’t gotten a chance to see it.) and Willow’s song is just ok but the video was really good I thought. And they seem to really enjoy it so I’m happy for them.

• Trisha_B October 21, 2010 at 8:31 pm

She’s sooo cute. She is Jada’s twin! I’ve never seen a kid act soo much like their parent LOL. She made it be known that all this is her choice & she’s not being pushed. & I loved how she whipped her hair, I wish her the best. I love the song & the video!

*They have this songs playing in the clubs. Its kind of disturbing b/c people are basically dry humping to a 9 yr olds song LOL.

• Really Doe October 21, 2010 at 9:18 pm

dry humping is in poor taste & isnt real dancing anyway, no matter whose song it’s being performed to.
      Props to Will & Jada because those kids are not lacking in confidence. Willow and Jaden will go far though, because they know what they want at an early age. Way to go Willow!…I love her cat eyes. That whole family has great eyes. Is it me, or do they look like they could have some Asian or Native American ancestry, the way their eyes are shaped?

• starr08 October 21, 2010 at 7:39 pm

aaaww that is too cute. WiLLow is so adorabLe and just ouTgoing! She showed them how to def “WHIP” her hair lOl… You can tell that shes not shyy or doing this for anybody but herseLf. Love it. WiLL and Jada are greeat parents! (=

*Video Looks soo freakkin FUN..wish i was in it! LoL hehe..

• Tarri October 21, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Cute little pie!

• nappykat October 21, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’m surprised she likes Billy Idol. I love Billy Idol.

• M'sgirl October 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

All the girls in my class love this song (7th grade). The cheerleaders want to do a dance to it @ the pep rally.

• MRSREYNOLDS October 21, 2010 at 12:38 pm

WHAT A SWEET HEART! AND THOSE BEAUTIFUL EYES SHE HAS~

• LBIZZLE October 21, 2010 at 12:35 pm

OMG I luv her she a spitting image of Will, but her personality screams Jada, (and in the interview at times you can see some of Jada’s mannerisms). I think she’s definitely has the star power like her parents.

• LBIZZLE October 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm

She looks so much like Jada in this article pic cutie pie!

• Tiana October 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Why is she so cute? Haha! I liked the interview, she has a really cute bubbly personality and very well spoken.

• Me 2 October 21, 2010 at 11:52 am

She is such a cutie pie and a fierce little chica. Go Willow!! :)

• BRIE October 21, 2010 at 11:40 am

CUTIE!

• eliza October 21, 2010 at 11:34 am

I love how the reporter was surprised by her talking about procrastination, lol. And I’m glad she let people know she doesn’t have to do this, but she wants it.

• EVELINA RAE October 21, 2010 at 11:22 am