JADEN SMITH IS SET FOR NEW SLAVERY FILM

OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

UPCOMING: MILES BROOKS HAS ACTING CHOPS

Miles Brooks has already won an award for his first short film “Pioneer”.  It’s safe to say that this five-year-old’s acting career is off to a promising start.

This is what “Pioneer” director David Lowery had to say about little Miles:

“We found Miles in an open casting call. He was four years old, the youngest kid we saw, and he’d never acted before. He was so calm and patient and had an innate ability to internalize whatever directions I’d give him. We were pretty certain from the moment we saw him that he was the right kid. Once he had the part, we spent a lot of time working with him, just getting him used to the idea of being around cameras and lights and such. And we read a lot of stories to him. We had different versions of the story from the film that we’d workshop with him; shorter, less intense iterations. We had his dad read him a version of it every night before bed the whole week leading up to production, but we left certain details out so that they’d catch him by surprise when we started shooting. And we’d practice his dialogue too, and different ways of saying it. Since he couldn’t read yet, he just learned the part through gentle repetition.”

Source

Tags : Posted in : Upcoming

28 Comments to “UPCOMING: MILES BROOKS HAS ACTING CHOPS”

• Kevin Wendell April 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm

And now you can also add The Ashland Film Festival.

• BrwnSantiLove April 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Awww he’s cute. good luck to him

• Summer April 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Their a difference between young kids acting and young kids singing, kids that act are only filming for short periods of time a day, they get lots of brakes, they have play areas on set, and can practices their lines at home and are out of the public eye up. Unlike child singer they have the same pressers as an adult singer they‘re in the studio for long periods of time, tour from city to city state to state and country to country for month at a time, have long hours when they have concert, have go to a studio to practices unless they have one at home and are very much in the public eye. A child actor for the most part don’t have the added presser of caring the success of a movie on their shoulder because it a collaboration of people and 9 times out of 10 the adults in the movie or the writers will get blamed if the movie bombs. In contrast to child singer who has the presser of the success or failure of their album on their shoulders and if it bombs the only person that going to get blamed is the singer. There are laws to protect child stars from being over work and unless I’m wrong their not any to protect child singers.

• LBIZZLE April 1, 2011 at 10:02 am

This little boy looks like he can be Beyonce’s son lol…he is too cute and lots of energy I love it!

• CeeCee March 31, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Awww, he’s so cute. He reminds me of my nephew so much.
    And that baby was umm….interesting…..lol

• Rogue621 March 31, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Congratulations Miles our Tejas star!

• cutie pie March 31, 2011 at 6:42 pm

he is sooooooo cute!!! Just precious, you could eat him up.

and lol @ the baby just bouncing in the back ground.

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I think
    You need so help!But I agree with you (can’t believe it). shouldn’t this little boy be playing on the playground with his friends in the dirt instead of meomorizing lines?I’m just sayin I’ve seen people say Willow should go place with her friends!Honestly this isn’t a Willow post so let’s not go off topic. but I do agree as along ad these kids enjoy what they do, so be it!

• Teri March 31, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Awww, I wish this lil man the very best with his career. He’s such a cutie!

• Trisha_B March 31, 2011 at 1:25 pm

He is too cute, especially when he was copying the moves from the movie lol. That baby in the background made me LMAO

**I gotta ask tho (not to start an argument) but why is that when celebs allow their young kids to act/sing, people look down on them & say that its basically wrong & their kid should be in school. But when the average family decides to allow their young child to be an actor/singer, its praised?

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm

You make an excellent point. Not to start anything either but I bet if it was a certain family, people would say this child is being pimped out and needs to stay in school. no names but you know who I’m talking about. double standards much?

• SwirlieCurlies April 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Interesting point..I know for me things should be about true talent and sometimes I’m annoyed that celeb kids have opportunities to act, sing,etc even when some of them lack talent.

• bck reader March 31, 2011 at 12:38 pm

how stinkin cute is he?! this little boy is a character lol!

• Me 2 March 31, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Yes this kid is a natural. He definately has the personality for television not to mention he is ADORABLE! He also seems very smart too.

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Ignorant at the greatest!Was that necessary?Smh

• Vickie March 31, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Who says he’s biracial? Black people come in all varities, even with 2 black parents!!!!!

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Amen that person is trippin and has some self esteem issues if they are so obsessed with biracial kids smh

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Yeah my daughters are this complextion but me and my husband are just light skin!Not that matters anyway. I think this person just wants reactions

• Tami March 31, 2011 at 3:00 pm

He is very cute and I wish him the best!

• nk March 31, 2011 at 9:00 pm

@ Cee Lo
      ?! What makes you think he’s biracial? My skin and eyes are about the same color as his and I am BLACK (and proud!). I have cousins (also all black as in both parents are black) with blonde hair and one with blonde hair and blue eyes.

• keverno April 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm

All these comments about being bi-racial verses light skin are really ridiculous among African Americans…. If you dig deep into your History books bloggers…. The white men raped and torture our Black ancestors, who created these different color shades that we make such a big fuss and fight over. Do you think they cared about color shades for what they did? Hell to the No!!!! and can care less today in the twenty first century. So we need to stop the foolishness and embrace each other as a culture regardless if you light or dark.

• Fashionedbygod33 March 31, 2011 at 11:52 am

Awesome. He is too precious What a talented little guy who is definitely well on his way. Congratulations.

• SwirlieCurlies April 1, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Both his parents are B L A C K…if you happened to miss that picture in the background ehrn the dad was talkin. It’s a picture of his pregnant mother and his father…

• Medford October 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Your cranium must be protecting some very valuable banirs.

• fqcdfrzqhy October 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

7lDVRA qjxuarlsocci

• gtsa March 31, 2011 at 11:47 am

He is TOO CUTE! I will be checking for this little boy. ALMOST enough to make me wish the shop wasn’t closed, lol.

• Fashionedbygod33 March 31, 2011 at 11:54 am

@gtsa, lol it took me a minute. I was like “what shop?” I hear you.

• A Non E Mus August 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I still don’t get it. Lol