WATCH: NEW INTERNATIONAL ‘ANNIE’ TRAILER

A CELEBRITY BABY BLOG PARTY: “OH, BABY!”

Golden Brooks has that special motherhood glow! The actress recently appeared on the Mo’nique show to talk about her new film and the joys of raising her one-year-old daughter Dakota. For those wondering if Bobby Brown is really expecting a sixth child, click over for the answer in today’s “A Celebrity Baby Blog Party”.

Bobby Brown and Alicia are not expecting. Sister2Sister apologizes for it’s error [S2Smagazine]

The Jackson kids are coping with their dad’s death says aunt Latoya [CTV]

Get to know Roshon Fegan [GlobalGrind]
Golden Brooks talks about her daughter Dakota [BET]

Mariah may give birth this weekend [Babyrazzi]

Tia Mowry got pregnant despite endometriosis [TheDailyLove]

Are you not enjoying motherhood like this lady? [BMK]

Tags : Posted in : links

28 Comments to “A CELEBRITY BABY BLOG PARTY: “OH, BABY!””

• MizDavis April 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

One of my professors told me knew humanity had left the earth when he learned the Menendez brothers reloaded while killing their parents.
    I knew humanity left the earth when that woman updated her Facebook status before pulling her children out of school to drive to a river and drown them.
    I don’t care about her alleged PPD, being overwhelmed or her cheating boyfriend. Those babies are gone and they didn’t deserve it.

• Pisces April 18, 2011 at 9:09 am

I think Susan Smith was also evil for drowning her two little helpless boys, too. Just because this woman went along with her children doesn’t make the act any less despicable or heinous as far as the taking of their lives against their will. I agree with Sherley’s reasoning and logic.

• Pisces April 18, 2011 at 9:37 am

I believe this act was a suicide-homicide, not an accident. Had their mother not perished also, she would have probably been convicted and sent to prison for murder like Susan Smith.

Just because she gave them life did not give her the right to take their lives. There is no justification.

• Guyanese Waters April 18, 2011 at 8:42 am

When i read the story i thought to myself maybe the mother didn’t want her children growing up without her, maybe that’s why she took them with her, maybe she didn’t want them to be treated like 2nd class citizens… I hope this little boy is able to rise up from his ordeal.

• enjoyit April 18, 2011 at 3:01 am

A little boy asked his father, Daddy, how much does it cost to get married? Father replied, I don’t know son, I’m still paying

• Sherley April 17, 2011 at 10:35 pm

@Nope, while that mom’s circumstances will never be understood, it does not give her any right to try & kill all of her children. I heard & read the entire story, now did she try to reverse because her son got out & she came to her senses then or did she do it to try & drag him back into the car? Why didn’t she try to get all the children or some of them out before her car was compeletly emerged? I’m playing devil’s advocate here.

All I know is when one is depressed, one wants to end their own lives, not take the lives of others. Some part of her did not want her kids living without her, maybe it’s because she loved them that much, IDK.

But I do know this, she was in that situation because she placed herself in that situation. Birth control still exists. If she was struggling with a 10 & 5 yr old at 22, she should have been using birth control. At her age, she had plenty of time to have more children later. I’m not judging her, as I do believe she did suffer from depression & being overwhelmed; but I also believe we are responsible for taking control of our lives.

• bck reader April 18, 2011 at 8:55 am

wow, i’m gonna have to totally agree with everything you said. especially the last part of what you wrote. i was discussing this with a friend the other day and we both thought the same thing. i just feel sorry for her kids in this ordeal. thank God the oldest one had the good sense to get out, but i feel sorry for the helpless younger ones. just because we can procreate certainly does not mean that everyone should be having children.

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

As far as ups and downs of motherhood, just because a woman can give birth to a child doesn’t automatically make them a good or perfect mother.

Case in point: The NYC Mom who drowned herself and her three little ones last week in the Hudson River. I know that there were extenuating circumstances, but this is a case of a young Mom who was apparently overwhelmed and could not cope to the point of no return. So SAD! God rest her and their little souls. :(

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I just wanted to add, I feel that if that Mom was having drama in her life that she couldn’t deal with, she should have dropped her three children, ages 5, 2, and 11 months off at the fire station that her 10 year old had the good common sense to escape to, and just drive herself into the river. Why, Lord, did she have to snuff out the babies young lives? They had NO choice.

I don’t think she was crazy or had mental illness…I think she was EVIL!

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 3:27 pm

On a more positive note, thank goodness for the majority of mothers who are good to their children, kind, patient and are the first and best teachers in children’s lives.

What would the world be without Mom’s unconditional love? In a dismal, chaotic, mess is where the world would be. I salute all Mommies.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Yes, I agree that she could have dropped them off at a firehouse. They said she were good mom but had just snapped. I don’t think she was metally ill either but that she just snapped and saw no end to her unhappy story. It is unfornate for the kids, no one won. The 10 yr old has no mom now and no siblings. I just pray for him. My heart dropped when I heard this story on the news.

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

It’s been so nice chatting back and forth with you today, ThroughMyEyes, although this is a very somber topic. Along with you I’m praying for this family, too and shedding a tear for the tiniest victims.

• Teri April 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Also, I’m just throwing this out, but I think that postpartem depression, and even depression is an issue we don’t discuss in the black community. We come on BCK and such and congratulate the new mother on her bundle of joy. The new mom comes out with a statement about how overjoyed she is, yet how many of them suffer from PPD? I remember an actress on Oprah saying she suffered from it, and felt guilty because she wasn’t “supposed” to feel the way she did.

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Teri, as always you are right on point! I hadn’t thought of the post-partum aspect of female life and after birth ordeal.

I always admire your coolness and calm when you are under fire just for speaking your opinion here, Teri. You know I empathize because I’ve been there and continue to go there with others here.

I guess the phenomenon we go through as females even trying to communicate or express our opinions on BCK is indicative of how difficult being a female can be at times.

I love when you end it “Deuces” after a great verbal brawl. :) Peace Out, Teri and as always, I hope you a beautiful weekend and Easter/Spring Holiday next Sunday. So fun to be able to talk to you, always.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Teri, I never thought of about PPD. I think she may have suffered from this as well and felt overwhelmed. She had four kids at 25. I will not judge this young mother. I just pray her son that survived will get through this and be ok. I also feel bad for the kids that died. PPD is a serious disease that a lot of people don’t consider as an illness but really it is a illness. People just assume that mothers are suppose to always be happy but they are human too with feelings and emotions. I don’t know what else to say..I just feel awlful for him bc I know what he is feeling. I am praying HARD for this little boy.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Even if you want to be a mother it is HARD. Whether you are a single mom or married with kids, the motherhood job is the toughest job a woman will ever have.

I heard about that story and I agree with you that that young mom probably was overwhelmed with a lot. She was 25 with 4 kids already, working and going to school. I can’t imagine. I think the fact that her BF cheated on her just tipped her over the edge that resulted in her doing the unthinkable. Yes, it was extremely sad ending. The oldest son survived and was brave. I hope he will be ok. But I don’t know…

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Agree, a hard job and totally UNDER APPRECIATED!

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

When I read your comment about this mom killing her kids and Tia story and how she suffers with her illness. I felt bad for them but it made me feel a little better. I lost my mom in Katrina at 17 but I am still ALIVE! I don’t have to suffer in pain like Tia Mowry every month or worry like other women with Endometriois. If you are alive and healthy, please count your blessing bc things could be different. If you think there is no end and feeling depressed please reach out and talk to somebody who will listen and maybe they can help you get through the bad times.

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm

ThroughMyEyes, please continue to stay strong and continue to inspire others with your inner strength. You can do ANYTHING!!

• Teri April 16, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I cosign with Pisces. You keep being great.

• Teri April 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Hi Pisces. I am so glad you brought that up. That story of that mother in NY was heartbreaking to say the least. Those poor babies. I just don’t understand. If she wanted to take her own life, that’s selfish enough, but I do understand how desperate a depressed person can be, but to drag her babies to their death is just unfathomable. I’m really trying hard to not judge her, but to understand her mindset. I guess I can’t because it’s too far beyond my comprehension. I am so glad at least one child escaped. He’s going to need a heep of counseling, but the good thing is, I saw a picture of him and he was smiling. The was great to see.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Teri, I am so glad you said that you are trying to not judge her. I think you are open minded and accepting of others. As, Piecse said, you are always on point in a non-judgemental manner. When I lost my mom at 17, I wanted to die too. I mean I really thought about suicide (I hate to admit it). I didn’t see a happy ending to my story either. I got sent to some distance relatives who treated my brother and I as 2nd class citizens. I don’t agree with what this mother did to her babies and I really hate that she did this. But at the same time I try not to judge her bc I was in her state of mind before but thankfully my H.S Counselor talked me out of it. I really wish she would have seeked out more help and talked to someone. I don’t know what to say..I just feel bad for those kids that died, I feel bad for the motther and I feel bad for the boy that lived. I just pray for him and hope he will make it through this difficult time.

• Pisces April 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Golden looks fantastic! So happy that she is re-surfacing and I hope she does the close up reveal of her Dakota soon and I hope BCK gets the up close and personal shot first.

• bck reader April 16, 2011 at 12:29 pm

wonder why they blurred out Dakota’s face? cuz they showed it during the actual telecast. that sucks.

i’m so glad Tia overcame her medical ailments and was able to become pregnant.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I am glad Tia became pregnant. But she will have endometriois for the rest of her life. Just as my sister and other women. It is a painful disease that can leave a woman disabled. Its serious and those surgeries almost never work. I pray for all women with that disease.

• TiggerTiff April 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

ummm why did they block out the picture of Golden’s daughter Dakota? Does anyone know where I can see a picture of her?

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Yes! I sa a pic of her baby two nights ago on Monique show. Shd is cute and look like Golden. Go to Youtube and pull up the epipsode that Golden was on Monqique show and you will see her. She is cute and looks exactly like Golden; same eyes and head.

• ThroughMyEyes April 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I can understand how Tia feels bc my sis has endometriois and it is painful. It is tough trying to have a baby. That is a hard and painful diseases.