ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

A CELEBRITY BABY BLOG PARTY: “JUST A FEW LINKS”

Antonia Carter speaks on motherhood and having to grow up with her daughter[Rollingout]

Golden Brooks doesn’t want her daughter to be in the business[UrbLife]

Bobbi Brown says that Bobbi Kristina can sing better than Whitney[MrsGrapevine]

Vanessa Williams and her mom are writing a book about family[BabyRazzi]

At what age do you begin to have the talk with your kids?[BMK]

Dj D-nice(Malinda Williams’ ex) has a new girlfriend and she is pregnant[theybf.com]

Tags : Posted in : links

15 Comments to “A CELEBRITY BABY BLOG PARTY: “JUST A FEW LINKS””

• holla! April 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I watched Toya’s show last night and was vastly impressed. It takes alot to bring a family divided by substance abuse together and these siblings have done just that. I loved the little round table they had (Great job Reginae)!! I wish Toya and her Sexy face the best….She is one of the few celeb (ex-wifes) that you don’t hear negative stuff about so I truly applaud her!

• Mena April 24, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love Golden Brooks! I hope she return to tv. I think it is good that she has decided to keep her child away from “Hollyweird”.

Bobby Brown came a long way. I think he is over exagerating his daughter vocals though. No one can hold a candle to Whitney.

I don’t like Toya show it is sort of tacky. Just my opinion.

I don’t know who Malinda Williams is so no comment. Horray for Vanessa Williams new book.

• Zee April 24, 2011 at 1:19 pm

@We Need Better

Very well stated and I agree tenfold with what you said! As a child of the 80′s, I thank god that my household mirrored the Cosby’s [not Toya's]. I am however, sympathetic to others…
    Much of today’s warped society looks to the television for direction and guidance, so more Cosby-like shows are needed to better influence the masses. And I certainly don’t mean anything done by Tyler “Coon” Perry!

• KekeB April 24, 2011 at 11:47 am

I don’t watch Toya’s show.. not because it’s too “ghetto” or embarassing as some have stated but SIMPLY because I am not interested. I saw one episode and it simply didn’t hold my interest. However, I think a lot needs to be said about the fact that Toya recognizes her family’s self destructive patterns and is trying to bring them together and break cycles. NEWSFLASH every famiy in America is not pristine and crispy clean. There are thousands of black families all across America (and the world) that are dealing with a “crackhead mama” high school dropout siblings and daddys in jail but have no inspiration or no one to show them that there is a way out of that lifestyle. Toya is attacking her family’s problems by getting her mom to rehab, encouraging her brothers to go to school and make something of themselves and showing her daughter that even though this is what she came from it’s possible to be better. She is taking her “ghetto embarassing family” as some of you so eloquently put it and trying to mold them into something more like the Cosby’s, Family Matters and all those other model shows that were mentioned. Is it possibe? Maybe.. who knows. But I think she should be applauded for trying and I think it should be on BET because this is the REALITY for MANY black families. Life is not all glamorous and problem free. The issues in Toya’s family plague MANY families across the world and I think it makes sense that that side of life should also be portrayed so that those in similar situations know it is possible to transcend their circumstance. And the Cosby show and other shows of that nature may not be relatable to them.

Is she relevant because of Wayne? ABSOLUTELY, but I commend her because I dont see her sitting on her butt collecting a child support check. She has a book out, she opened a clothing store and is pursuing something else in the Reality show arena. I dont agree with everything she does and everything she exposes her daughter to but hey its not my child. Still, she gets two thumbs up and a “you go girl” from me.

• We Need Better April 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I understand your point but if she has these issues then her family need to take care of their issues behind closed doors, in privacy and not air their dirty laundry all over national tv. It just doesn’t make any sense. She need to heal and resolve their family issues in Privacy and seek counseling in privacy and not on tv. Please BET no more shows like Toya or Keisha Cole famil, please.

• writer April 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm

@kekeB. I agree, with you about her not just living on child support, because she won’t be receiving that check for long and she has to show her daughter how to be independent. However, kids will be exposed to things regardless of their parents whether it is good or bad and i know that for a fact. But people fail to realize that reginae’s father is Lil wayne, so no matter what she will always be exposed to many things.

Oh and i watched the first episode also,and it didn’t interest me either, but i do wish her luck.

• Lulu April 24, 2011 at 2:02 am

LOL you are retarded…why wait for a damn Cosby or sister sister like type of Tv show to air again when you should be just portraying like those characters in your own damn house for your kids sake? News Flash, everybody’s family ain’t like the damn Cosby’s or ParentHood. Some people do deal with real family issues in the real world. Why don’t you be like the Cosby’s in real life and stop complaining. kids shouldn’t watch it on a screen they should see it in their surrounding AKA AT HOME. smh

• Lulu April 24, 2011 at 6:50 pm

First of all… No kids shouldn’t watch ghetto shows I’m pretty sure they see it in their real lives. Toya’s show is about her real life and if people call it too ghetto then don’t watch it. I don’t understand how people could call that women ghetto when Nobody can not prove evidents of her acting loud,crazy, cussing and acting a damn fool in front of her child. People got her mixed up wit Neffe.Instead of waiting for the Media to portray black Families in a positive way, why don’t we start showing it in our own homes.I don’t let my kids watch tv because I know how the media and TV sitcoms portray black folks. I’m not waiting for the masses to show my child positive things because That’s my job to show my child those things. I can be my own Cosby like family in my own household. It’s not my fault people allow their kids to watch BET. Try TV One.

• RUSERIOUS?? April 25, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Now now Rihanna ain’t no ANGEL!! She bragged about busting her brother in the head with a bottle and the fact that she has a NASTY attitude so let’s not judge Chris. It’s sad that men get beat 10 times more often than woman but it’s not plastered all over the media. She probally deserved that a$$ kicking! If it was so bad why she keep trying to go back…that hussie KNEW she was wrong! But I’m glad CB is getting his career back on track WITHOUT Rihanna! She needs some serious THERAPY!!

• Lulu April 24, 2011 at 1:51 am

Stop it. you have no idea what Toya’s family been through.

• VintageLove_112010 April 24, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Did you ever consider that by her sharing her family struggles, she’s helping others in her same position? I was very humbled by watching this show and witnessing how drug abuse is still a major issues in many families. This may not be prime-time, feel-good tv but it gives us a real portrayal of what many people are dealing with. While this isn’t my reality, I can’t knock someone for their upbringing- ESPECIALLY when they are trying to break generational curses. We must learn to pray for folks versus looking down at their situations. SMH

• writer April 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Ghetto, how? And i am so glad toya is moving on for real and trying to support herself and her child, by herself. As long as she put her child on the right path and do what she can to keep her out of harms way, then she alright with me. And i think everyone deserves a second chance, but chris brown has had more than 2 chances to act like he has at least a small amount of sense. and i am glad golden brooks does not want her daughter in the biz. Maybe when she turns 18, but right now the business world will break anyone. wether it be a 3 year old or a 43 year old.

• VintageLove_112010 April 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Amen!

For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity. Proverbs 24:16

We all stumble and make repeated offenses at some point in our lives but thank God for 3rd and 4th chances, & grace! Let’s pray for Chris versus counting him out!

• Shania April 24, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Beating someone repeatedly, choking them, threatening to kill them is not a “mistake”. The mistake was him getting caught! I have no opinion on him having a second chance, but we must be honest and call it like it is, and that wasnt an “oops”. It was intentional.

• ThroughMyEyes April 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm