MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

KID ROCK AND SON ATTEND ANNUAL NAACP FIGHT FOR FREEDOM FUND DINNER

Musician Robert “Kid Rock” Ritchie and his teenage son Robert Ritchie Jr. attended the 56th Annual NAACP Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner at Cobo Hall on May 1, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan.

While at the event, Kid received the organization’s Great Expectations Award, honoring him for his advocacy of Detroit city:

Kid Rock accepted the Detroit NAACP’s Great Expectations Award on Sunday despite protests from members who object to his use of Confederate flag imagery onstage. Prior to the event, a group of about 50 people picketed outside the Cobo Center, where the awards dinner was held. Back in March, Adolph Mongo, the head of the organization Detroiters for Progress and a boycotting NAACP member, told the Detroit News that Rock’s use of the flag is “a slap in the face of anyone who fought for civil rights in this country.”

Rock maintains that his use of the flag is part of a Southern rock tradition inspired by Lynyrd Skynyrd and has nothing to do with how he feels about black people and African-American culture. As he accepted his award, which was given to him in honor of his ongoing support for the city of Detroit, Rock said, “I love America, I love Detroit and I love black people.” (Source)

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

33 Comments to “KID ROCK AND SON ATTEND ANNUAL NAACP FIGHT FOR FREEDOM FUND DINNER”

• dstar352002 November 21, 2012 at 11:56 pm

The confederate flag thing is a slap in the face. If you are informed on history and claim you like black folk. you have to know what the flag means to black people. I like Kid Rock but thats the truth. Using the confederate flag is bad.

• sonia December 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm

What a ridiculous tale! Too bad people can’t be sued for posting this crap. Were you trying to be funny? Fail!

• Jaquilla May 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Lol, he’s tall, dark & handsome!
    Strangely enough his facial expression and haircut remind me of a young Sylvester Stallone. ;)

• Jo Somebody May 9, 2011 at 4:10 am

Ha! I totally agree!

• NickyAngel May 4, 2011 at 12:43 am

Jeez, this boy is tall and looks just like his daddy.

• Lioness May 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm

“I love Black people?” Weird comment. His son looks just like him.

• Really Doe May 3, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Kid Rock,….black people love you too!(at least I do) LOL:)

• connie1 May 3, 2011 at 8:20 pm

HE’S OK! I LIKE KID ROCK!

• sandip May 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Being from Detroit, the word is that Kid Rock has always had a hood pass. His son is very handsome, looks like someone may have braces.

• Ummm May 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Handsome Son Kid Rock has…I wonder Does Kid Rock Have any contact with Roberts Jr Older sister which Kid thought was Child

• Sherley May 3, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Whoa! I never knew he had a biracial child. RJ has the same nose as his father.

That woman was stupid. You have a man who is raising your child, that isn’t his & you decide to cheat on him? I can’t understand the logic behind cheating.

• AplMacLady May 3, 2011 at 4:30 pm

lol, Kid Rock does look like a White version of Snoop…

• Seriously May 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I forgot that Kid Rock son was half Black..he looks just like Kid. I loved Kid Rock’s music in the laste 90s & early 2000s.

• gtsa May 3, 2011 at 11:25 am

Who knew? His son reminds me of an East Indian Scottie Pippen (face), lol! No comment on the Confed. Flag thing.

• tanja May 3, 2011 at 2:30 pm

holy crap…true he looks like an indish version of Pippen

• Nicky May 12, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I wonder why his baby momma gave him custody.

• Teri May 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm

gtsa, he sure does!

• MELISSA May 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

WELL I STAND CORRECTED. I THOUGHT THIS GUY WAS A RACIST. HIS

SON IS ALMOST THE SPITTING IMAGES EXCEPT HE IS A LOVELY SHADE OF

BROWN AND DOES NOT HAVE BLUE EYES. IF HE MARRIES A WHITE GIRL

THEY WILL PROBABLY GIVE BIRTH TO KID ROCK ALL OVER AGAIN. WHO

KNEW? GUESS THE GUY IS A REBEL IN MORE THAN ONE SENSE. HE IS

DEFINATELY HIS OWN PERSON!

• brazile May 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm

i also thought he was a racist being though he carries the confederate flag

• antigonie May 4, 2011 at 11:20 am

Some people consider it racist, but I guess living in NC no one ever saw the confederate flag as racist. When I was in high school, kids would wear shirts with the flag on it and have bumper stickers, and were blasting Hip Hop when they pulled out of the parking lot with their black friends riding in the passenger seat. I guess you can’t really judge a book by it’s cover.

• mel May 3, 2011 at 10:36 am

Kids son is very handsome.

• EVELINA RAE May 3, 2011 at 10:17 am

RJ looks a lot like Kid Rock o_O

I really like the man in the pink and grey’s outfit…stylish!

• jade May 3, 2011 at 9:58 am

singing sweet home alabama all summer longggg! ;) his son is very hot btw.. i think i have a new crushhh! lol

• Pisces May 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

Kid Rock reminds me of an alter ego of Snoop Dog. Just wild. His son really favors him. It’s nice that Kid Rock was proud to accept the NAACP award and he even respectfully dressed up for the event.

• Vickie May 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

If I’m not mistaken he had a black girlfriend in high school and when she got pregnant, had the baby and the baby came out “fully black” and dna proved it was not his child. I didn’t know he had a child with another black woman (because this boy looks just like him).

• Ebony Starr May 3, 2011 at 9:52 am

Vickie, he had the son with the same black woman. Kid Rock raised him.

• Vickie May 3, 2011 at 10:16 am

Thanks! after I typed this I looked it up. He was raising one of her children and then they had 2, and then he found out 1 of those 2 was not his so he took his son and left.

• Kiki May 3, 2011 at 11:55 am

This sounds like Eminem’s situation as well.

• KJ May 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

Quoting Kid Rock “I love America, I love Detroit and I love black people.” lol. He forgot to mention he has a black son! Congrats Kid Rock.

• George Greene November 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Well, he has obviously loved at least two black people in his life (his baby-mama and their son). As for the rest of us, we might find his claims a little more credible if the fool would stop supporting Republicans.

• LaTanya May 3, 2011 at 9:30 am

I haven’t seen his son in a long time he’s a nice looking young man. Kid Rock is cool and he has always represented for Detroit. I remember when he took his ex girlfriend to court to get custody of his son he seems like a really good father!

• Mzgacantdoryght May 3, 2011 at 9:28 am

Oh my gosh I haven’t seen a pic of his son in a long time. He has grown so much. I agree he looks just like his dad.

• M'sgirl May 3, 2011 at 9:14 am

Wow Kids son has really grown. He is tall. He looks just like his daddy.