SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

JADA PINKETT-SMITH IS HAPPY TO SEE HER KIDS ‘FULFILL THEIR DREAMS’

“Willow is doing fantastic! She’s got two new singles that will be dropping,” revealed Jada Pinkett-Smith “On Air” with Ryan Seacrest on Monday. “She needed a little break so she is pretty much doing the kid thing. She just finished up with her music in the studio and she’s ready to get back into it. You’ll be seeing a lot more of her and of course she will probably come and see you first with the new hot joint.”

AUDIO: Jada Pinkett-Smith talks to Ryan Seacrest

Jada, who has been busy busy promoting Season 3 of her television show Hawthorne, said of motherhood:

“I think the most fulfilling thing is allowing them to fulfill their dreams and seeing them fly. This is probably the most gratifying experience that I could have. Giving them the opportunities that they’ve had and being by their sides will be most gratifying thing that I will probably ever do in my life.”

RELATED VIDEO: Jada Pinkett-Smith talks about family on the Chelsea Handler show

Season 3 of “Hawthorne” premieres on Tuesday(June 14) at 10/9c on TNT.

Photo: Jada Pinkett Smith

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

26 Comments to “JADA PINKETT-SMITH IS HAPPY TO SEE HER KIDS ‘FULFILL THEIR DREAMS’”

• Somebodysmomma June 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm

she’s a kid she should be able to do “kid stuff”… Sometimes we push our kids too much. Sometimes we give them too much. I think being who they are with the resources they have, both of those sometimes have occurred. Im not telling them how to raise their children, I will only say, they have a life time for a profession but only a season for childhood.

• julia June 18, 2011 at 12:24 am

Aww she’s sitting in her moms lap.This is such a cute mother daughter pic.And the latest show of Hawthorne was so moving.I even cried.Jada is really a great actress.

• Jada Pinkett Smith: Her Most Gratifying Experience As A Mother | Famecrawler June 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

[...] the most fulfilling thing is allowing them to fulfill their dreams and seeing them fly,” she told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show. “This is probably the most gratifying experience that I [...]

• connie1 June 15, 2011 at 7:02 pm

They both have gorgeous hazel eyes!

• connie1 June 15, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Beautiful mother and daughter. They are absolutely gorgeous!

• Jada Pinkett Smith: Seeing Kids Succeed Is ‘The Most Gratifying Experience’ | Celebrity Gossip June 15, 2011 at 6:49 pm

[...] the most fulfilling thing is allowing them to fulfill their dreams and seeing them fly,” she told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show. “This is probably the most gratifying experience that I [...]

• Celeste June 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm

And I am happy that they’re happy.

• Jada Pinkett Smith: Seeing Kids Succeed Is ‘The Most Gratifying Experience’ June 15, 2011 at 3:33 pm

• Jada Pinkett Smith: Seeing Kids Succeed Is ‘The Most Gratifying Experience’ « Fashion Tips and People In The Media June 15, 2011 at 2:28 pm

• starr08 June 15, 2011 at 1:41 am

Aaaww see Now this is very NICE! Jada and WiLL seem to be great parents. You all can see that WiLLow is happy and NOT forced to do anything she doesnt want to, like some of you all think! She gets to still be a kid and showcase all her great TaLents! (: ~Go WiLLow~

• sillyme June 15, 2011 at 5:39 am

To quote Willow: “The hardness part is wanting to hang out with your friends when you have to work and make platinum records. And your friends come over, and you’re recording, and you’re like, ‘Please let me go with my friends. I don’t wanna stay here!’ But people are relying on you.”

I’m glad to see her parents are giving her down time to just be a kid, but she is a business, an industry now. She can’t just wake up tomorrow and say Mom I don’t want to be in show biz anymore.

• OneLove June 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Why not?

Back in the day there were child stars whose family actually depended on them financial. Although I think that’s a terrible burden to place on a child’s shoulder, I can (kind of) understand the situation the commitment.

This certainly isn’t the case with the Smiths!

There is no reason whatsoever that either of those children can’t choose to do “kid stuff” till they turn 18 and go off to college, for example. I’d rather let my child take a couple of years to do “kid stuff” if I can afford the luxury of giving my child a childhood than push them just for the sake of pushing them.

• Crystal June 14, 2011 at 9:41 pm

@Sherley

I agree, she’s responding to all the negative comments being made about her children by trying to prove that they are well rounded, grounded and normal in spite of everything. But enough with all the explanations already.

Also, I love the picture.

• Jada & Will June 14, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Jada- “she took some time off to do the kid thing”? ITS CALLED HAVING A CHILDHOOD, JADA!

• Sherley June 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm

That picture is beautiful.

Enough already with the explinations of why your children are doing what they do. You do not owe anyone anything. Getting tired of reading the explinations every week.

• bck reader June 14, 2011 at 6:17 pm

well that’s good that Willow’s at least taking a break and doing the kid thing for a while. at her age it’s still a necessity.

meanwhile i can’t wait for the season 3 premiere of Hawthorne tonight. i love that show.

• Tami June 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I forgot to mention I was watching a Jada interview and Willow seems like the sweetest little girl ever. Jada was talking about how she does ballet, piano, photography, painting.. and all these things that she’s just a ball of fire. And she also started to get teary eyed when talking about Willow.She was like Willow will write love notes to her mom and dad and leave them on the bed for them and she has like a big box where she keeps Willow’s letters. That just made my heart warm :) Willow is a great kid!

• Tami June 14, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Smith family and say what you want.But you can’t hate they are a strong successful black family.Who are always by each others sides!I love it!As far as black families.. I def see the Smith and Obama families as great examples for black families!I adore this picture of Willow.She’s still a baby a mommy’s girl.Awww

• Trisha June 14, 2011 at 3:49 pm

The Osbournes were obnoxious. The Smiths are nothing like that.
    That picture is so cute!

• Peaceful June 14, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PHOTO OF WILLOW AND JADA! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IS WHAT THIS FAMILY HAS! I LOVE IT! BTW: I am looking forward to the season premiere of Hawthorne. YAY! GO JADA!

• Peaceful June 14, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Unnecessary. How would you feel if someone called your family OBNOXIOUS or you for that matter? Certain things are better left UNSAID.

• Black Beauty June 14, 2011 at 3:06 pm

This picture is BEAUTIFUL. Will and Jada are great parents and their children is proof.

• EVELINA RAE June 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I was listening to this on Monday, on 99.9 Jada sounded so happy talking about Willow.

• THEYKNOW June 14, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I love that picture!!

• alyssa June 14, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Me too!!

• vee-ro June 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

awww!this photo of them both…priceless,I wish I had one with my mum like this.